main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga The User (1:3) 'Metalegacies' - Chapter 7 (OCs, CorSec Detectives)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luton_Plunder, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    :eek: WTH?!?!? First off, THAT was creepy with a capital "EEP!"
    (You know me so well my friend, and now that you've taken the fun out of it, it shall be left unsaid.)

On to more important business!!!!
    An update!!![face_dancing] (and just a shade under a decade, ;) alright...)

So this story really isn't about a spice-addict...

Keyes roughing up the big burly Kuati was very cool dominatrix moment. I'm going to have to go back and remember what was going on right before that, it's been so long. ;)

Yes Luton, it's good to see you back , but now that you've wet my appitite; I demand more!
    I am the addict, I am the User! Give me more!!!!!

2. Thumper09

Thumper09 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Yayness! Update! [face_dancing]

"I'm SIn," she said. "If we lose a battle, it's because we're busy winning the war."

This was a very cool line. :D

"Don't talk to me about family," she spat.

I'm guessing she's still not completely over her argument with Marryt, huh?

Aw, man, Keys is really in some deep trouble now. [face_worried] Was the Trenchcoat Guy involved, I wonder? What are they going to do with a CorSec officer, and what have they learned from their past mistakes? This really doesn't bode well for Keys.

Thanks, Futon, and great post!

3. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    And what?s all this now? An update to The User? For reading? Excellent. :D

Caution would be vital through this interrogation.

In this case, caution was an overcharged Blas-Tech DL-22.

Cool line for a cool character. :cool:

Oh, Keys. :oops: You know what would be really handy here? A partner. [face_beatup]

Good work on the Sceptres? part. I love smart villains. They?re a little overconfident if they in fact plan to kidnap her, but they did execute it smartly.

4. Luton_Plunder

Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 15, 2006
    Hi guys! Great to see you back - and seriously, thanks so much. This must have been like being reacquainted with an old friend that very suddenly stopped talking to you for six months :p You handled yourselves with a social grace not known to mortal man!

This, I fear, will be the problem with the remainder of this episode :p But I am glad you're back! This was a short chapter to reintroduce everyone to the idea of Luton_Plunder having an active thread again, but I promise it wont sink far from page 1 anymore. Thanks so much again for the reply!

Thumper -

Thumper, thumper, thumper. Loyal reader! Thanks so much for coming back - and your memory of the story (or your catchup reading abilities) are enviable!

See, enviable! And no indeed, she certainly isnt :p Well picked up after a 6 month break! Thanks so much for coming back Thumper - I promise not to let this stagnate again.

Face -

And Face, all retired and everything and still making time to come back and peruse old threads. Thanks so much for coming back - the threads wouldn't be the same without your readership ;)

Hah! Perhaps this IS one of the fundamental problems with SIn. Or, then again, will it work to her advantage????

No. Not really.

Thanks again Face! I promise you, also, not to let this thread slip quite so far again.

And now, on with the show!

[u]Chapter Eight[/u]

Some twenty minutes of silence had passed between Tadgh and Taban before the whistling started. Perhaps neither of them would have noticed the noise in normal circumstances, but when the air was so still and silent it was hard not to. Kayleh might as well have activated a Total Immersion Audio System as started emitting a pleasantly soft tune. It was a happy tune, but ominous - and they both recognised it.

It was the same melody that had led them to this commune in the first place.

"How did you do that before?" Tadgh asked, his voice surprisingly loud to his ears.

"I told you to stay quiet," Kayleh broke from her whistling.

Tadgh had no intention of following that instruction.

"The whistling, that tune," he clarified, in case she wasn't sure what he was referring to. "We followed it here. It was you, wasn't it?"

"Wow, they [i]said[/i] you were a detective," her tone was, as always, dry.

"So," he persisted, emphasising the word. "How did you do it? The Force?"

"Nope," she said. "With [i]magic[/i]."

Her special skill at the Jedi Academy must have been [i]Force Sarcasm[/i], he decided.

"You can do that?" he pressed. "Just broadcast yourself like that?"

"Generally," she said, somewhat sharply, "Force Sensitives are able to hear it more clearly than others."

It was something he'd considered already and something that he had wanted so desperately to discount. Something that he still [i]did[/i] discount when he thought about it long enough. He had been through enough scrapes with Jedi, the Dark Side, Agents of the Emperor and other assorted Force-assisted troublemakers to be sure he wasn't a part of that universe. It would take more than the baseless suggestion of a maniac cultist to change that. Tangentially, he wondered when he had decided that she was indeed a maniac cultist.

"So you really think we are, huh?" he asked, trying his best to keep the noise levels up. Sitting in silence would only serve to drive himself crazy. "Me and Taban, both Force Sensitives? Jedi? In tune with the natural order of the universe or some kriffing thing?"

"I don't know," she answered immediately. "I haven't read you."

"So do it," Tadgh insisted, his heart suddenly skipping a beat. "Find out for sure."

"You idiot," was her response, though not as hostile as they had been in th>

5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    "Force Sarcasm" has to be the coolest Jedi power EVAR. :p LOL.

Hmm, I wonder why Kayleh began whistling again. Is she simply looking for something to do, or is she repeating what she did with Tadgh and Taban?

Things aren't looking good for them on Tadgh's front, but maybe Taban will find another opening to use in their game. Taban's got an interesting approach, and I'm looking forward to seeing if Kayleh reacts to it.

Black Trenchcoat Guy! :eek: Is he really going to help Keys? I can't wait to see what his role in all of this is.

The neon sign above his head seemed to read 'Yeah, I'm up to no good - and you don't care.'

I totally want a sign like that.

Great update, L_P! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.