main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This is why I'm not sure that I believe this is what he originally had planned, considering we know he was planning to have Luke in exile and Rey/Kira/whoever go find him. The biggest difference is that Rey would have done that in VII instead of VIII, but we know this is actually true and not just storytelling on his part, because we have concept art of Old Man Luke in exile from before Lucas sold the company and stepped away, concept art which was reviewed and approved by Lucas himself.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

DarthRamRod likes this.
  3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I kind of hope in future stories that they have more disillusioned Jedi and seeing how and why they are. Like if they do an earlier time story. I've always found those stories interesting and compelling because there is nothing more human than a moment where you are disillusioned with something in your life. We all go through it. So seeing it play out on screen and seeing them revive that love or hope in something gives audiences hope that they can do that.

StardustSoldier likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

I know this is about future content about Star Wars, but i thought i share this youtube video here about Ben Solo/Kylo Ren along with Rey and the themes of Star Wars and what it's all about. Family and redemption It's a 27 video that covers pretty mutch all movies and some scenes outside. It goes into Ben Solo and his resemblance of Anakin and his connection with his familly.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I feel like we are missing a big piece in the history of Lucas's ideas for the Sequel Trilogy like we have this piece of the puzzle and then those things Lucas did approve of. So we are missing the transition phase.

Also you bring up something when you talk about your Ep 1-9 re-watch is that....Star Wars works a lot when looking at it through wider big picture lenses....Less so when you talk about the individual parts that make up the wider whole.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2020
  6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That's the problem when people start to think there is always one version of everything. Making a movie is a process, it's not like one could look at the treatments Lucas came up with and think "this is how the story was always meant to be, and how it would have ended up if the treatments had been put into action". Some ideas come up early and stay around, some get dropped quickly or evolve into something entirely different. Some ideas come up later, only to disappear again, just like some ideas get dropped only to reappear (and maybe get dropped again). If one hears about things that existed in the early work Lucas did for the ST, it doesn't mean that it would have made it. Just like the treatments could have been mostly cast aside in the actual production. It's not like the OT ended up being all that similar to the early treatments for the entire story. And, looking at the Making Of material of something like ROTS, the whole thing gets scrambled throughout the production anyway, even past principal photography.

In the entire time, the general story changes, and it changes even more with every individual movie that gets made. An early treatment is more a guideline than an actual definite outline of the entire plot. It will be thrown out as soon as a more interesting idea comes up, or simply by where production takes things.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    StardustSoldier and DarthRamRod like this.
  7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    interesting stuff about Lucas vision...i have tow questions about that and the lore in general:
    - Weren't the Whills supposed to be actual "people"? With a civilization? If now the Whills are merely one-cell organisms how was it supposed to play out in Lucas vision? Because for all purpose narrarative-wise, it works the same way as midichlorians. How Lucas ST would have incorporated these Whills? Because i can't see how to use them besides "small talk" about the force here and there but nothing really connected to the story or influencing the story? Unless these Whills can "appear" via some form on our "plane" a la Mortis? Was it what Lucas had envisioned?
    -the second question, that has nothing to do with the whills or the micro vs macro world :do we know the current state of official lore regarding the Sith and the Old Republic? In terms of origin/past, timeline, events etc...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Shamear likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    All right, guys, this has been an interesting conversation but we have an ST forum. Please take it there.

9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Re: the Virtual Investor's Day that Disney is holding on December 10, it seems that unlike the previous quarterly calls where we haven't gotten anything for a couple of years, we'll be getting some concrete news on something.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/warner...-vs-kong-streamer-battles-looming-1234651283/

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm excited to hear all about the theatrical-encompassing Marvel and Pixar projects and to find out about the dozen more Star Wars TV projects while we are made to continue to die slowly in here from lack of any film news.

11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Right now, the length of time we have until a new movie is the same as the time between Disney's acquisition of SW and the release of TFA. It literally may be a couple years before we get any real news.

We might have to go back to discussing Dune, or Wonder Woman.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I approve.

PrincessKenobi and Lee_ like this.
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    My guess is they'll talk about the Obi-Wan series, confirm that Andor has started production and officially announce the Mandalorian spin-off. Not holding my breath for anything we didn't know of beforehand, and certainly not holding my breath for any new film announcements.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    StardustSoldier and EHT like this.
  14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Confirmation of the Rian Johnson DJ trilogy:

Film 1: Blip
    Film 2: Bloppity
    Film 3: Bloop

15. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Yeah at most I’m thinking release months for Cassian/Kenobi/Bad Batch. I’d love to be wrong.

16. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Maybe they will give us Star Wars movie news for Christmas. #foreverhopeful

17. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    I too am bursting to get an official announcement on what's next for the films. But even if that doesn't happen, then simply some more TV news would be welcomed. For now, I'll take what I can get.

18. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think there will be any movie info, it's 3 years away(hopefully they make use of the time and make a good plan for the future and movie).
    Maybe they'll reiterate that Taika is directing the next Star Wars movie not Rian ;)

I think we'll get name reveals of the Cassian and Kenobi shows and release dates/windows for them. And I think they will drop some more details about the Cassian show.

Also I think we'll learn a bit more about the Bad Batch and will get a release date which I think will be the same time the Clone Wars was released on D+.

For brand new series I think we'll see a Boba Fett series (we pretty much know their filming it) and an Ahsoka series coming. I think the Boba show could potentially come next year.

There's also potential for a Solo sequel/spinoff series. There have been some people campaigning for that. I wouldn't mind it.

I don't think the Rebels sequel will be revealed. I think the first season will release in 2022 if they plan to stick to one animated series a year.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  19. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    I guess, yeah, it makes sense that they'd need more time to figure out exactly what they will be doing for the next film. Still won't stop me from being deathly curious though. :p

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Just give us something. Anything to chew on, Disney. It’s been so lonely over here.:(

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    It's time to announce the banner contest for the newly reconfigured Wonder Woman 1984 forum.

Lee_ and PrincessKenobi like this.
  22. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm actually cool if they don't announce any new shows beyond Kenobi, Cassian, and the Bad Batch. I would love a Boba or Ahsoka show (much more than a Cassian show tbh), but I also don't want Star Wars overload. I'm fine with just having the Mando for now.

The potential film announcement is where it really gets interesting. There have been so many directors and possible plot ideas floating around that it feels like it could be anything at this point - KOTOR, a Disney canon version of the Thrawn Trilogy, a Sequel Sequel Trilogy, Rian Johnson's trilogy, A Holiday Special Spectacular etc.

Crod1992 and StardustSoldier like this.
  23. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    It's going to be a Grogu cooking show.

24. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Are you saying I need to make a banner? Cause I got ideas....

25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020