main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Logic can’t compete with hate in the fevered minds of bigots.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    The Chalk Jedi and DarthRamRod like this.
  2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, that one is just plain weird though. American men absolutely are not secure enough to see women in leadership positions, in business or government. We are way behind a lot of nations in female leadership that we are way ahead of in other ways concerning human rights. :confused:

Not only do we have troubles putting them in leadership positions- they get an overwhelming amount of vitriol that men in their positions would not and do not get. This includes not only people in government like Pelosi and AOC, but also business leaders like KK. No way on God's green earth that KK would get this kind of vitriol if she were a dude. She gets a certain amount of hate for running the SW world as anyone would, but WAY more than she would if she were not a woman.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You are not wrong.

The Chalk Jedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    I was listening to a recent episode of Rebel Force Radio and they were talking about how they wished Kathleen Kennedy would have announced her retirement on the Disney investor call....right after they were just fanboying about all the new shows that were announced.

5. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    ^Um... okay... :confused:

I mean, I can understand some of the criticisms against KK (even if I don't agree with them)... but yeah, some people are really blowing the negative things out of proportion while not giving any credit to the good things.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not only were they fanboying over the shows that were announced. They were fanboying over the shows that were announced BY Kathleen Kennedy!

Their explanation, if confronted on this contradiction? Conspiracy theories that Kennedy is not at all involved in the good stuff, but rather, that Bob Iger is overseeing Dave and John on those. You can’t make this stuff up. But they do.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  7. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I don't know about that. Look at the commissioners of the big sports leagues. They often get a ton of hate, and in most cases it isn't because they actually did something bad, but because ton of people are utterly clueless about how these leagues are run and who gets to make what kind of decision. Most of the complaints that are thrown their way have absolutely nothing to do with them, but with the complainers just hating the figure-head for the sake of blaming someone for anything they think is wrong.

Heck, the NHL-topic on this board is called "Gary Bettman sucks..." or something like that, and he gets booed at every draft, regardless of the fact that basically none of the things he gets accused of are in any way his fault (if they are bad to begin with, which often isn't a case at all), and that he is very likely the best leader the NHL has ever had.

Now, put a woman in that spot and she would probably be hated even more, based purely on "how could you let a woman run a men's league?!", but plenty of men get an absurd amount of vitriol aimed their way just because they dare not to be 100% perfect in what is a very public role.

Kennedy would probably get less hate from this particular group of people if she were a man though. This, combined with the "blame everything bad on her, while assigning anything good to everyone but her" arguments, makes up the largest part of the attacks against her. Though to be fair, the latter also happened with Lucas when the PT came out. Everything good about the OT was suddenly because someone else gave great input, while everything that "didn't work" was obviously because Lucas would go on unchecked. It was ridiculous back then, it is ridiculous right now.

8. Darth Megatronus

May 17, 2020
    yeah, I stopped listening to that podcast. I can’t stand those guys.

cwustudent and StardustSoldier like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Arent they the ones who bullied half of LFL staff one of them neing Andy form the star wars show.

10. Darth Megatronus

May 17, 2020
    I don’t know. I know they’ve had a bunch of Lucasfilm people on their show, like Dave filoni and Sam witwer.

edit: I looked up Andi from the Star Wars show , and yeah I think in 2018 they retweeted a picture (from 2015) of her drinking from a mug labeled “fanboy tears,” hoping to smear her as disrespectful to people who didn’t like TLJ of something.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah that was before they burned that bridge.

12. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Their transition from shameless bootlickers to shameless troll-enablers really was something.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. How did our society come to be dominated by loud, dumb a-holes?

cwustudent and DarthRamRod like this.
  14. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    PRO EDIT:

THIS IS A FORUM ABOUT NEW STAR WARS FILMS. THIS ARTICLE DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT NEW STAR WARS FILMS, AND EVEN IGNORES THE TWO THAT WE KNOW ARE BEING MADE. IT IS A TAKE DOWN PIECE ABOUT KK, AND DOESN'T BELONG HERE. I HAVE REMOVED IT FOR BEING OFF TOPIC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021
  15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    PRO EDIT:

WE'RE NOT DISCUSSING POLITICS IN HERE. THERE'S A PLACE FOR THAT IN OTHER FORUMS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021
  16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Wow, just wow. It's a wrap.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I saw untitled Star Wars project in production weekly not sure if it’s one of the movies or series but most of the series has names it could be starting production

18. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Not just the pandemic, but the *duration* of the pandemic and the fact that it coincides with the rise of the cinematic-quality series on streaming services *and* the fact that some of those series are installments in ongoing franchises that are in some ways equal/superior to the film ones... that's made me really unsure of the future of filmgoing.

My kids and I were always first-nighters for SW and MCU films (and some other stuff). It has really bummed us out for the past 10 months driving by our beloved local theater with "REOPENING SOON" on the marquee. But content-wise, we have adjusted to going without that experience and, well, I think most of us rank The Mandalorian over at least some theatrical SW, and WandaVision is more exciting than a fair few MCU films, and with both SW and the MCU having wrapped up a "phase" right before the pandemic, there's kind of less of a hook. I don't think as much would have changed had we just been locked down for a few months. But we're coming up on having gone through a whole calendar year, and a few other theatrical tentpole things (new Pixar and DC films) debuted on streaming, and... the shift has settled in.

My family still misses it, but (A) it's definitely changed, even for us, and (B) probably even more so for casual moviegoers.

Bor Mullet and 2Cleva like this.
  19. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I will go back to theaters , it’s not the same.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  20. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    If I never set foot in a cinema again then I’ll be happier and (possibly) richer for it. My home set up is fantastic, I can make my own snacks and don’t have to go anywhere, deal with parking, crowds etc.

DarthRamRod and cwustudent like this.
  21. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Haven't been to a "regular" movie in years and I pick and choose which MCU movies to see in the theater. Star Wars always gets me in a theater. My home setup is pretty good and I can stop the movie to get up and pee,etc. It's gonna be awhile before I go again because I know the second the lights go down everyone's mask is coming off.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The last film I saw in the theaters was The Invisible Man which was February of last year. We have a nice home theater system in the family room but it’s not the same as going to an actual theater. I miss it and I’ll be one of the first in line once it’s safe to do so.

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think it was Birds of Prey for me. I was tempted to go for Tenet, but I ended up waiting for the VoD release. I miss going to the movies like crazy, but I'm really not going to feel comfortable with it until I and enough of the population are vaccinated. It sucks, but I'm hopeful the theatergoing experience survives.

24. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    The last film I saw in theaters was TROS I think. But I agree I'm not going to feel comfortable till we reach at least 70% or more vaccinated before going back into public places like that. Hopefully we don't have to wait long for that.

DarthRamRod, PymParticles and EHT like this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TROS for me too. I do miss it.