main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I see this thread is living up to its name :p

DarthRamRod, Sarge and Riv_Shiel like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Thanks a lot, families.

DarthRamRod and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Terrible thing to say- it's obvious he was just playing guitar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Darth PJ and DarthRamRod like this.
  5. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    It's obvious he was just... itchy.

Lee_ and DarthRamRod like this.
  6. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I feel like Disney ST canon is "1B" to G-canon which is 1A. If Lucas said tomorrow that "no, Palpatine never had children or grandchildren", to me that's the authoritative truth and ROTS is a what-if.
    • G-canon was George Lucas Canon; the six Episodes and any statements by George Lucas (including unpublished production notes from him or his production department that are never seen by the public). Elements originating with Lucas in the movie novelizations, reference books, and other sources were also G-canon, though anything created by the authors of those sources was C-canon. When the films were changed, the newest editions were deemed to take canonical precedence over older ones, as they corrected mistakes, improved consistency between the two trilogies, and expressed Lucas's current vision of the Star Wars universe most closely. The deleted scenes included on the DVDs were also considered G-canon (when they didn't conflict with the movie).[16]
    • C-canon was Continuity Canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more. Games were a special case, as generally only the stories were C-canon, while things like stats and gameplay may not have been;[22] they also offered non-canonical options to the player, such as choosing female gender for a canonically male character. C-canon elements have appeared in the movies, making them G-canon; examples include the name "Coruscant," swoop bikes, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, YT-2400 freighters and Action VI transports.
    • S-canon was Secondary Canon; the materials were available to be used or ignored as needed by authors. This included mostly older works, such as much of the original Marvel Star Wars comics, that predated a consistent effort to maintain continuity; it also contained certain elements of a few otherwise N-canon stories, and other things that "may not fit just right." Many formerly S-canon elements were elevated to C-canon through their inclusion in more recent works by continuity-minded authors, while many other older works (such as The Han Solo Adventures) were accounted for in continuity from the start despite their age, and thus were always C-canon.
    • N was Non-Canon. What-if stories (such as stories published under the Infinities label) and anything else directly and irreconcilably contradicted by higher canon ended up here. N was the only level that was not considered canon by Lucasfilm. Information cut from canon, deleted scenes, or canceled Star Wars works fell into this category as well, unless another canonical work referenced it and it was declared canon.

2Cleva, MrDarth0 and Tython Awakening like this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've personally don't care what George has to say on any of it...He made Star Wars but at the end of the day, Star Wars is way more than George Lucas.

TCF-1138 , Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  8. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    The hierarchy of canon with these different tiers existed without needing to label the tiers. This was just a scheme to explain how Lucasfilm operated internally. It did clarify certain questions that could come up, like "What is the status of the old Marvel comics?"

I would like Lucas to step in and show us his microbiotic worlds that house his inner secrets of the force.

Detours Canon, that sounds interesting.

It's also interesting that these canon tier levels grew and changed over time.

*I still apply a hierarchy to everything.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    2Cleva and dolphin like this.
  9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I meant TROS, not ROTS. :)

Tython Awakening likes this.
  10. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Star Wars may now be more than George Lucas, but I think Star Wars is less without him... or at least without his story/conceptual ideas to base film on.

dolphin and Immortiss like this.
  11. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    I'm so glad that tiered canon BS is no more.

TCF-1138 , chrcharcor2, EHT and 2 others like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I never even tried to understand canon tiers. If I like something, it's in my canon, if I don't it's out. Why make a big complicated deal out of it?

13. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Canon is canon whether it's liked or not.

TCF-1138 , dolphin and EHT like this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    #notmycanon

DarthRamRod and Tython Awakening like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It's all canon.

16. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Maybe not ALL, but it's true that way too many pop songs do use Pachelbel's chord progression. (Oh wait, wrong canon... never mind.)

Fredrik Vallestrand and Sarge like this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    In the future, historians and critical theorists will not accept all as canon because Disney/Lucasfilm said so. They will differentiate between Lucas’s vision and SW apocrypha. They will study the development of the OT and PT and the ST and eventually make some conclusions between Lucas’s original treatments and the Bad Robot, Lucasfilm, Disney era of the Saw Saga.

Disney really should prepare another version of the ST: The Lucas Treatments. Why not? It’s gold, Jerry. Gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    To me, the Ewok films are canon. So, you know.

19. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    This part I agree with. I'm waiting for a Lucas treatment for Episode 15. yeah.

Not only that but they could expand on the idea of human colonists in the films.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  20. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    That presumes future historians choose to treat this like Tolkien :p

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Future historians will hopefully just pretend it didn’t exist

Immortiss likes this.
  22. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Ewok films have stronger canon ties then Kylo Ren.

caravan FTW

Immortiss likes this.
  23. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm predicting there will be nostalgia for the Sequel Trilogy. Maybe it will take 6-7 years post-Covid. SW films tend to throw many things at you and then the dust settles. Then people revisit some part of the films, fiction piece, or action figure and relive the adventure. The Ewok films, the same, were bombad when they hit network television.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Not sure on that one. There's something very thin/ insubstantial about the ST that's difficult to explain. It's the JJ effect. Just as I don't think there will be a lot of nostalgia for JJ's Trek-verse, I think the same might be the case for the ST. Generally speaking, of course. I'm sure there will be a contingent of fans who end up feeling very nostalgic about it, and that's OK. :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think you underestimate Force Awakens and that entire era of Star Wars....So I highly disagree with your assessment.