main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I have no friends who have liked the ST. Contrary to what happens with the PT, rewatching the ST just make its flaws and its lack of cohesiveness more evident.

Plain characters, generic plot, unimaginative designs and planets just make the whole experience worse and worse as years go by.

The longer LFL waits for revisiting the era the better. At least we will have new characters to carry the weight of the story and the ST cast will only play a support role.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Or the other way around, i don't see them sidelining Rey, and the gang in stories when they come back. there's only one jedi now and that is Rey and future jedi will be coming from her.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Pretty boring though. There’s a real flatness to the ST that the OT and PT (despite the serious flaws of the latter, IMO) don’t suffer from. I don’t know. I predict that it doesn’t improve with age.

4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I do genuinely see the potential in TLJ's reception warming over time, as a standalone film.

The ST as a whole, though? Not so much.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think both TFA and TLJ will stand with test of time.

dolphin likes this.
  6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Generally I think the reception of films like these improve over time. I agree with the general sentiment of @bstnsx704 though that TLJ will improve over time in particular. A lot of its criticisms, I think, are mainly around the context of the film within the ST, and the fact people were disappointing in certain plot elements (including me to some extent). The film though, I think, is easily the best made of the ST and easily is the most well constructed film.

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I’m so glad this thread has turned into another debate on the merits of the ST.

harryhenry, EHT, Bor Mullet and 6 others like this.
  8. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    At least that will all stop when the ST is retconned out of existence and Favreau and Filoni brainwash us so that we forget that those movies ever even happened in the first place. Right after they lead an uprising within Lucasfilm to usurp Kathleen Kennedy from her seat, despite neither of them being guys fit to actually run a studio in this fashion!

Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, this. I predict arguments over the quality of the ST will become just as stale as arguments over the quality of the PT... oh look I’m already right. Let’s get back on topic.

harryhenry, EHT, Bor Mullet and 4 others like this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I sense an ironic statement. Be honest. You're not really glad, are you? :)

Bor Mullet and PymParticles like this.
  11. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Unless the ST happens in the timeline where Ezra doesn't pull Ahsoka from the portal:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  12. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    But there is no timeline where Ezra doesn't save Ahsoka.

TCF-1138 and Riv_Shiel like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    there are no other timelines, if you think so then you don't understand the WBW.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Do not ignore mod warnings. This applies to everyone in this thread. Get back on topic now.

15. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I was going to post, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Two words: Doctor Who

Specifically, Tennat/Smith/Capaldi era episodes.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

You think we could see Darth Bane trilogy done by Zack Snyder.

17. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll probably catch flak for this, but I'm ok with it.

18. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I remember way back when, when Disney first acquired the rights and it was announced that we would be getting spinoff films, the first rumor of one that we would be getting was a Zack Snyder-helmed remake of Seven Samurai set in the Star Wars universe.

Anyways, I'm not a Zack Snyder fan. I don't care for his stuff at all, and probably never will. But I do appreciate that he actually has a style that's there for me to dislike, and for others to really enjoy; that is much more preferable than a run of the mill filmmaker with nothing discernable or identifiable in their works.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean honestly would Disney/Lucasfilm even allow this?

I mean Zack Snyder one thing...Probably wouldn't let him touch Star Wars either to be fair.

But I can't see them making a movie from the Bad Guys perspective like.....ever. Video Game? Maybe? Disney + Series....(I mean Acyolte but i'm not sure how that's actually being handled)....Comic Book/Novel (They have 3 vader series so yeah) but movie...I don't think Star Wars is gonna do that for a loooooong time.

Sarge likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    When i i hear movie about the villain i think he would be villain of hos own story and movie with a good guy character being the main foil for him.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh, I doubt this is even remotely something that will actually happen. I'd just be ok with it if it was. Zack's "grimdark" style would suit a Sith film better than a heroic film. And, I like Zack's visual style well enough. But, yeah, this is a fan invention, not an actual rumor.

wobbits likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I do wonder if having characters with this grey area with dark and light, lie say could you do a boba fett movie who kills for money but has his own special code and be friends with other bounty hunters.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I enjoyed Justice League well enough but I don’t want him anywhere near Star Wars. I don’t think his sensibilities fit the universe at all.

Bor Mullet and PymParticles like this.
  24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    But, but, but...he'd make the Jedi so ripped bruh! :)

25. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    We need a Sith film directed by Tim Burton, if live action. If they go stop-motion, leave it to Henry Selick and LAIKA.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.