main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It's tomorrow now and nothing happened. I guess sometime in August is more likely.

Shamear likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought it would be the past

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You assume that time is a straight progression but actually it’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimely... stuff.

4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Someone please tell me these rumors of bringing back Carrano are not true.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It's Bs, probaly coming from doomcuck.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Good to know. I'm like nooooooooooo

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    And August is another month.

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Whatever it is you're all talking about will release in Smarch.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    or Febtober

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I can exclusively say that new information will be released on a day ending in -y, and within a year starting with 20.

Some may call me a prophet, but I prefer "man of the people."

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The cool thing is that Jenkins is probably at work on Rogue Squadron now that WW1984 is behind her. We’re getting closer!

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yep, we should be hearing about Tom Cruise's casting any day now.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

So Feige only wants to do one star wars movie!

14. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, I wish we could get some details on it.

Sarge likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Patton Oswalt spoiled it years ago. :p

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Star Wars Company? Is it really that hard to say Lucasfilms

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    They did say Lucasfilm, and then "the Star Wars company" so as to not repeat the name within the same sentance. Note the lack of capitalization of the c in company - it's a description of Lucasfilm, not calling it by the wrong name.

18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I seem to remember confirmation that he was the co-producer, and was neither directing or writing the movie; which is not totally insignificant, but there isn't a likely scenario where the public associates him with Star Wars in a meaningful way if that's true.

19. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011

I mean it’s doubtful how much the general public knows who directs these big blockbuster films (let alone who writes them). If they associate him with it will depends upon if they market him as being part of it.

20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Eh, not so sure about that. I think the public does tend to know who directors are way more than co-producers, and I think that directing a film, and especially directing and writing at the same time, places your name in the picture in a way that being a co-producer for a single movie does not. I don't think mention of his name as a co-producer is going to cause anyone to confuse him and George Lucas, or even JJ Abrahms.

In any case, the larger point is that it won't really be a "Fiege SW movie" per se, he will be co-producing with KK, and someone else will be writing and directing (and those names will loom larger than Fiege's in the context of the movie).

21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll be his movie in the sense that he pitched the original idea, and will shepherd the project. I doubt he'll write or direct. He'll likely hire the people that do.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Reminds me a bit of how John Knoll did that with Rogue One...or at least he pitched the idea and kinda shepherd it to a degree.

23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe they should do some non Star Wars movies. If they lack ideas I would be even all in for Zac McKracken or Maniac Mansion video game movies.
    ...or how about Monkey Island.

24. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011

It really does depends upon the film, which is why I singled out blockbusters. I think people are far more likely to recognise Fiege in regards to Marvel films than most of the directors of those films, for example. That may be the case for this SW film as well.

25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    They do have some of those coming up. The next release is the 5th Indiana Jones, and they also have the Children of Blood and Bone in production, with Rick Famuyiwa directing. Outside of movies, there's also the Willow tv-show.

The old games certainly could offer some interesting material as well. If not for a full theatrical release than at least for Disney+. Definately couldn't hurt to give those a shot. There actually was a Monkey Island movie in development way in the past, to be produced by Spielberg, but that got cancelled about 20 years ago.

TCF-1138 likes this.