main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'd prefer a theatrical release for sure but a proper announcement of the Rian Johnson trilogy would by far be more interesting to me than anything currently already on the upcoming theatrical or streaming Star Wars slate.

Kuestmaster and DarthRamRod like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    With knives out 2 done i wonder if he is free now he have to wait as has a deal with Netflix for his knives out franchise. And his won't be out until 2029 as the other movies are Jenkins, Taika and probarly Feige's. So he has 9 more years to figure it all out.

3. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    This. Give him a blank slate to create whatever he wants. And not be tied to any set of characters. It could be the wisest decision Disney could make.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

I think we might get some surprises if they want 11 star wars shows in a single year by 2023-24.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I've lost track of what's been announced already. I think we know of seven shows right?

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    10 i think if we count droid story as show if not 9, so we might get 2 more announced projects in november.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think we're up to 37 shows over the next 6 months.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Good, lets keep the star wars content flowing, lets do as mutch as marvel does.

Lee_ likes this.
  9. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Am I missing something?
    Where does it say that they plan to have 11 shows in a single year?

Sounds more like - if this is actually true - that they will show 11 shows spread out over the next few years. Anything else is basically nonsensical anyway, as there isn't enough time to have so many shows in a year without everything overlapping heavily, which is the exact opposite of what they want.

There are probably 11 tv-shows in the same way there are "31 Marvel projects currently in development". 3-5 movies, plus a similar amount of tv-shows per year, and you reach that number over the next four years. Which means that Star Wars would have something like 3-4 shows running per year, depending on how many seasons a show gets.

And no, please stay very far away from the amount of content Marvel does. Because that means a bunch of movie-releases per year on top of all the tv-shows.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is how I read it too.

11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    My sentiments exactly. Marvel has good stuff on TV, but honestly, not as good as Mando. It's a big expectation, but if SW can maintain that kind of quality in multiple shows, that is really going to be fun and fantastic. Mando took me for an imaginary ride in another land like the OT did in theaters when I was a small child. It's the only TV show where I watch episodes more than once.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

I love to see her making a star wars movie in future, maybe she is doing Feige's movie.

PymParticles likes this.
  13. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I’m excited to see The Eternals. From what I’ve read Nomadland was fantastic so I feel like if she can pull off a big marvel film then let her do a Star Wars one if she has a cool idea.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Zhao is legit. While I'm not particularly jazzed for The Eternals, I loved Nomadland. Hmm, I could see her being a strong candidate for an origins of the Force / Jedi film...

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Her addition to the SW family would be most welcome.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This would be fantastic. Nomadland was wonderful. And beautifully shot.

PymParticles likes this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Nomadland is an interesting critique of capitalism (amazon) and the merits of the prescribed “American way of life”. A seeming contradiction since Nomadland was the first to win Best Picture for the newly merged/acquired Searchlight/20th Century Fox under the Walt Disney Company. In a nutshell, the stories of ordinary (real) people, struggling to live lives and die with dignity, due to the avaricious behavior of global capitalists, monetized by the elite.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    StoneRiver likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    She’d be great. Nomadland is excellent and I’m really excited to see Eternals.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Eternals does look a bit different to your usual MCU fair.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    MCU fair? Yeah, I'd pay to go to that.

Pro Scoundrel and Krueger like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My feeling is that it was a big mistake to shackle Rian to a JJ film (and for me, TLJ aping JJ’s style is its greatest failing). I therefore agree that Rian should be given a blank slate. I’d like to see his brand of weird noir in the GFFA, full of riddle-talking characters and uncomfortable situations. Just go full Rian on it.

Riv_Shiel and bstnsx704 like this.
  22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    No, thank you, but I will look forward to Knives Out 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The mistake was in not giving either one (or George or whoever) full control over the trilogy and having it be a relay race, but I feel like that point has been beaten to death ad nauseum.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think the problem was that JJ created a thin, lame, facsimile of Star Wars, and that was too flimsy a foundation to build on.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the problem is people insist on rehashing these old ass arguments even when it isn’t the right forum. Or in other words… DROP IT!

Bor Mullet likes this.