main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    The guy responsible for the marvel movies? And i dont mean that as a compliment...good luck with that, disney! As long as he's not head of lucasfilm we should be safe...i hope...as a chairman he would have weight in financial and marketing politics, but the creative choices are still lucasfilm's

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s literally a position that already exists. Let’s not freak out here. Feige isn’t taking direct control over everything. It isn’t even imminent. It’s just a rumor that he’s interested in the job should it become available. Breath. :p

3. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Here is the summary. Video of interview in embedded link - 26: min mark.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-kevin-feige-disney-new-job

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Whether it’s in Disney+ or in movies, I feel that Old Republic is…..inevitable.

For one big reason, Jedi vs Sith. Such a common theme in Star Wars, but without the Old Republic, there are heavy limitations, “somehow the Sith Returned” if they want to be used post ST.

Sure more stories about Saga Sith is interesting, but they are all covered in plot armor, new duels we see them have, they have extreme advantage in because their future is known.

We are getting High Republic Sith in The Acolyte, but they are also limited in what they can do. No surviving Jedi from a duel, because the Jedi Order can’t learn the Sith have survived yet. Sith have to also be more careful in spreading their influence/power over the galaxy.

Leaving really the Old Republic in which we can have fresh stories about new Jedi/Sith characters fighting each other in the open. Also seeing Sith infighting in live action would be cool, no plot armor like in Vader vs Reva.

While Disney has given us non-Sith baddies before, they don’t hold the popularity the Sith do. Even the Mandos are not as popular as villains.

5. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I knew I wasn't the only one.

cwustudent and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    https://screenrant.com/lucasfilm-discussing-next-star-wars-after-sequel/

>There's definitely a conversation that's going on. And then, also what happens after the sequel trilogy. Because the sequel trilogy only takes place over the course of a few years. And it's a big thing on the screen, and it's very eventful. But it is a relatively brief moment in history over the course of the thousands of years that *Star Wars* takes place. And so what happens after it is interesting too, and I know that there's some discussion, exploration going on about what happens after it.

7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    "A conversation going on"...i really hope there's currently more than just a conversation and he's just acting coy! It's been 4 years since TROS and i hope they have come up with a plan regarding the future of the GFFA and the next movies. Celebration is coming soon, if all they have now is a "discussion" it's gonna be a bit underwhelming. I suppose Favreau knows more than what he lets on and anyway we've heard strong rumours about the next set of movies being announced next month, i know i shouldn't worry but still, the phrasing is a bit worrying haha.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Probaly talks about 2025 movie. Lindelof movie.

9. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    i suppose so...but why didn't he say something like "lucasfilm is planning the next phase of star wars" which would have been more exciting, rather than saying it's just a "discussion", which implies there's nothing in the works right now, only vague ideas being discussed. There should be more than just a couple of ideas being discussed by now. If we want something announced next month, the stories must have been validated, the plan for a new saga or whatever it's called. Maybe first drafts. Some designs. A plan for the overall story. Pre-production. Anything but just "discussions". They had 4 years to come up with a plan, james gunn planned his DCU 10 year phase in a couple of months, i expect lucasfilm to be capable of that too in 4 years! Sorry i may be overreacting a bit, the closer we get to celebration the more i'm freaking out!!!!! [face_nail_biting]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Next month will be big for both tv shows and movies.

11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    The entire answer was very interesting (and long), especially GOT comparison.

5:00-9:06 mark.

12. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I wonder how many good directors have been put off by Star Wars due to their inability to pull the trigger on movies... Seriously, if you were a director and got involved with SW - What percentage would you give your project of actually happening?? [face_thinking]

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You just commit to Star Wars and no other projects.

14. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    and then eventually die of old age and spend the eternity of afterlife in...devellopment hell!!

15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Yo . . . closing the Rogue Squadron threads, that is just cruel :(:_|

But if you want to remember what they were and will be, you can set a course Applebees and get a taste of the all American flying spirit that inspired it in the first place.

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The real reason the movie was canceled!

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Someone had to pay for the incalculable loss the restaurant suffered by having a cross-promotion with a 2 billion dollar hit film. Sadly, that someone was randomly LFL.

18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It seems like there's this thought at LFL if they hire the most popular and bankable director, they'll get a box office hit film. Then, like Jenkins, they suffer a dip in their career and the doubts mount, the project is delayed and ultimately shelved.

Intergalactic Lawman and 2Cleva like this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wash, rinse, repeat.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    In the realm of general relativity, there has not been a Star Wars film since TROS. But in the quantum realm, we have had fifteen Star Wars a year since then. So I’m pretty satisfied.

The Chalk Jedi and Lomer2012 like this.
  21. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    The Critical Drinker - just released a video called "Star Wars is a dead franchise" and I can't help thinking that a lot of what he is saying is spot on... Mirrors my thoughts on this franchise perfectly.

Sad how far SW has fallen - There was a time when other films couldn't hold a candle to this franchise...

Darth Smurf likes this.
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The quality of a franchise is not the same as the quantity of its output. Even if Star Wars never had another movie made, it would remain superior to others that might keep spitting out installments on a somewhat regular basis.

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I don’t care how many points he makes, good or otherwise, I’m really not taking seriously the opinions of a dude who published a video called “Why Modern Movies Suck – The Hate Men”.

24. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    Fair enough... I agree with about 90% of his takes on movies.

25. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    Of all those types drinker is the most bearable. I despise that ryan guy, he looks like a fake puppet. Also heelsvsbabyface is insufferable.