main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    there's a second video also were discuss more of it. I think now with the skywalker saga done. we will get it more connected like the MCU. the action, the humor the star wars feeling will still be the same just now more connected like the mcu is.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Maybe you can post that video if you get a chance?

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Tython Awakening likes this.
  4. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    I’ve never seen a de-aged Yoda that looks good.
    Baby Yoda is of course a magnificent, beautiful, herzschmerzing creation
    Every other take on a young Yoda looks like an early 2000’s X-Box game protagonist, each and every one a hideously, supremely punchable abomination.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm sure Disney will make a good looking buff master Yoda. and instead of grey hair, he has silver hair like an elf.
    Also baby yoda, will sure make good looking teenage Yoda. watched by distant cousin grand master yoda.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  7. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    i don't really want to sound entitled but am really not liking the what appears to be a lack of decision at Lucasfilm. Also just want my Star Wars now!

on another note I got an unexpected mention seven minutes into This latest episode of NTIP!

Luke02 likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    As much as I want the 2022 film to get a director already this article doesn't really seem to imply that. A lot of uncertainty in that article which is frustrating. Could be a Disney+ series. Maybe Lando.

Luke02 likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I guess it will a little story for disney plus as this guy is literally unknown.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It's interesting that they're calling it a film yet aren't sure if it's theatrical or for Disney+. I wonder if this means LFL has decided to revive the Anthology series as a Disney+ exclusive. It could be why they were considering turning Kenobi back into a film.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Okay, nevermind. Holy crap this is interesting! So what story could they possibly be telling on Exegol? Is it possibly connected to the whole Jedi Holy War? That would make it sound more like a KOTOR era film rather than a High Republic era one though. I can't imagine a film just about the Sith chillin' in exile on Exegol. :p

Luke02 likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

So it seems deadline was wrong and the story is rather unknown, we might see it or other places from the saga as the plotline unknown.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Whoever wrote Deadline’s article must have seriously skimmed THR’s scoop, because that joke was clear as day.

I’m not familiar with Dillard’s work, but this is cool to see nonetheless. Hope we hear more about it soon, and officially.

15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Even though it was just a joke, I would like to see a standalone film detailing Exegol, especially if the story details how Palpatine was cloned/resurrected.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah, okay. Well then I'm going back to my theory that this is a Lando Anthology film and Disney is resurrecting that series for Disney+.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It might be, but i think they rather do shows of this small stories. I think his movie would probaly be related to the unknown regions. I think the lando stories i better suited for a dinsey plus show with Qira and Maul.

18. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    A standalone detailing Exegol and the Sith cultists cloning and resurrecting Palps, maybe 20 years before TFA, would nicely round up the ST story.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    that dosen't need to be covered in a movie, that could be covered in a novel or maybe in othe the animated series. if a movie were to cover the Palpatine's revival and the world of Exegol, we would need a thrilling story and protagonist to travel there and discover what happens there. I see it easier done in novel or maybe an arc of an animated series.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It's pretty clear from the trades that this is a film. The only question is whether it's for Disney+ or for a theatrical release. If they were struggling to make a Kenobi series I can see them deciding instead to go back to the Anthology mold with smaller stories like Lando that may not being able to support an entire series.

cerealbox likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see a Lando spin off story, on disney plus. and maybe thats why they want to make Kenobi into a movie on disney plus.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    What’s weird about that is Iger said they wouldn’t be putting original Star Wars films on Disney+ as recently as last year.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well from a certain point of view they won't be star wars films on disney plus, just long episode of character development. one Kenobi, second Lando.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I have to be honest; I do find it troubling that Lucasfilm still doesn't seem to have a gameplan for the long term. I honestly thought that without the constraints of the ST to hold them down, they would now find it easier. The Kenobi series has been pushed back because of problems with the scripts. Now the Cassian Andor series has been pushed back for the same reason. There is clearly something behind the scenes causing problems. Or, more likely, a series of somethings. I mean, yes, this news is good, but how many times have we been here before? It does look as though their "plans" have changed yet again. As a result, I really don't think the 2022 film is going to happen. And yes, I'm sorry, I really do wonder whether it is a leadership issue. I really hope for the best, but I am slightly concerned.

EHT likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Dangit, the only thing that made me excited, aside from yet another ill defined Star Wars movie project, was Deadline saying it's Exegol: The Movie.

Be the most metal Star Wars movie ever. Hell have the Knights of Ren just shredding metal while the Sith cultists resurrect Palpatine.

[​IMG]

I'd buy two tickets!

cwustudent and Demon4x4 like this.