main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Not more marvel people :rolleyes::mad:

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    True but maybe after the massive success of The Mandalorian Disney was demanding more content from LFL and they just ran into a situation where not all of their ideas could support an entire series. The rumor about the Kenobi being turned back into a film would make more sense in this context.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If it makes you feel better, they worked on Marvel TV shows not the theatrical Marvel Studios releases. But if you're going to cut off people who worked with Marvel that field is going to get realll narrow real quick.

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Having done some work in connection to something connected to Marvel doesn't make them "Marvel people".

Not that Marvel somehow is one coherent identity that delivers exactly the same stuff regardless of who makes it.

5. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    I have a feeling that innovative Movies in a new Era might be to much for Disney.
    They will play it save with the Skywalker Era.
    Movies between Movies.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    this might be an on off in the skywalkers era, but we know that we will be getting high republic movies 400 years before and codenamed jedi holy war.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Along with the Sleight director news

On the theatrical side, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” director Rian Johnson is still nominally developing a new suite of “Star Wars” movies for Lucasfilm, but this month he was also tapped by Lionsgate to make a sequel to his hit 2019 film “Knives Out.” Kevin Feige is also developing a “Star Wars” movie, and screenwriter Laeta Kalogridis (“Avatar,” “Shutter Island”) is reportedly writing a feature for Lucasfilm based on the beloved video game series “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.” But although Disney has three “Star Wars” movies dated to debut in theaters in Dec. 2022, Dec. 2024, and Dec. 2026, no actual projects have been officially attached to those dates.

8. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    oh.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    There you have it. Kalogridis working on a KOTOR era film. No doubt in my mind this is what the GOT guys were working on and is the 2022 film.

11. ImpKnight

Jun 16, 2008

The report is buzzfeed from May. A lot has changed since then.

She also butchered Altered Carbon, so I would be glad if it's false.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes, but Variety mentioning it gives further weight to the rumor. And yes a lot has changed. The GOT guys have departed but it doesn’t mean the project is dead.

Anyway, I’m sure she won’t be the only one working on this.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Altered Carbon was fine. I have read the first book. No crime was committed.

Blobofat, Bor Mullet and Demon4x4 like this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    altered carpon was adapted just fine no more crime then any adaptions of books.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I don't think that quote really means anything at all. It basically amounts to "I know absolutely nothing, but here is an overview of all the rumoured projects that got mentioned over the past few months".

16. ImpKnight

Jun 16, 2008
    Altered Carbon was not fine. It changed the core of the story and ruined any chance of adapting the other books.

Look at the majority of complaints about the series. They almost all concern the changes from the books. This wasn't a run-of-the-mill adaptation.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s correct. Outside of the oppressive Marvel factory that Feige operates, former directors of Marvel movies have shown that they’re quite capable when set free.

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Dillard hasn’t worked on any marvel projects that I’m aware of.

The marvel connection here is Matt Owens, a writer who worked on parts of Luke Cage and AoS

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, no, we don’t “know” that. We know there are rumors that say that we might get something like that.
    Exactly, they’re just running through a summary of recent things. I don’t read that as them really endorsing or supporting anything.

2Cleva and ImpKnight like this.
  20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    There would have been plenty of interesting material there that would have enriched TROS. But alas, it won’t be our new film. The speculation continues!

21. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I can't remember where I read it, but there was some interesting analysis that Disney's much more interested in adding content to their streaming service, to the degree that this is part of the reason, in addition to desiring better planning from LFL, that SW films are on hiatus.

A lot of us still have nostalgic feelings for film, but the idea of the article I read is that the future is streaming content, and even films, at home.

In an era where most homes have some kind of huge screen TV and theater environment with nice sound, it does raise issues for the relevance of theaters.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  22. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    So Disney’s announced plans for the future of Star Wars movies post ST is:
    1) Rian Johnson’s Mystery Trilogy
    2) GOT maybe Old Republic trilogy (cancelled)
    3) Feige’s mystery movie
    4) Slight’s mystery movie
    5) A mystery trilogy starting in 2022 which may or may not overlap with one or more of the above because it’s all a mystery.

Do I have that right? It’s been hard to keep up with all the reports and rumors swirling around on the internet. At one point it was reported that the RJ trilogy was cancelled but he publicly denied that. I only mention it because some of the people who claimed to have sources on that were disappointed by the news so why would they acknowledge it if it was completely unfounded? (I’m not saying I think it’s true, I’m saying it’s hard to tell what to think.)

23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    No, those are not the announced plans. Quite a bit of that is just rumoured stuff that Disney never publically acknowledged, or just commented on without announcing it.

The only things that actually have been publically announced were Rian Johnson's new trilogy and a series of movies made by Benioff & Weiss. And that there would be Star Wars movies in 2022, 2024 and 2026. Iger made a statement which indicated that the 2022 movie was supposed to be the first by Benioff & Weiss, but technically that wasn't really an announcement. Whether those movies are gone now or simply go ahead under a different creative lead is unknown.

One could also question whether Feige's movie has been announced yet. Alan Horn let it slip, and Feige and Kennedy talked about it a tiny bit, so you basically know that it exists, but they never really announced the project to the public. Slight's project is nothing but a rumour at this point.

The one actual statement they have made, is that they are currently (well, currently back when they said it) considering their options and working out how to set up things for the future.

Jedi Knight Fett and LedReader like this.
  24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    "I am the wisest of all the Star Wars fans. It is because I alone, of all the Star Wars fans, know that I know nothing."

-Socrates, probably

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001