main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_shhh] :p

DarthRosie likes this.
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    With Mike 0, every hour there is a new development. KK is in. KK is out. Sometimes John Favreu has taken over.

An article by Doomcock showed up in my news feed today. Mike 0 is on the same level as Doomcock.

3. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Difference between Doomcock and Mike Zeroh is that Mike is the source of all his outlandish rumors, a professional rumor monger, while Doomcock only selectively covers outlandish rumors by other sources, that support his narrative, be it that SW is doomed (insert doom rumor) or saved (insert savior rumor). He's much more of a constant critic than rumor monger. The only time that he claimed to have had a sourced rumor was 3 different cuts of TROS and I think that someone pranked him hard. He just wanted to believe it was true.

P.S. some posters on another forum wondered if they were the same person. I didn't want to reply there for mod already put an off-topic discussion warning, but, no, they are not. Different accents altogether, different style, different everything.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Tython Awakening and DarthRosie like this.
  4. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Different name too. :)

5. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Mike 0 is Doomcock in disguise! I picture Doomcock as this post-Anonymous paid subscription You Tube figure. I don't know anything about either of these people. They just provide the entertainment.

6. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    They are very entertaining and harmless if you know that they are not reliable sources for anything. I'm still stunned how many fans who should know better cite them on regular basis. [face_tee_hee] I guess it's hard to resist temptation if your tempter says what you want to hear (such as that ST is going to be de-canonized/multi-versed/other euphemism for de-canonized as the latest "rumor" claims).

DarthRosie and Tython Awakening like this.
  7. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    I'm liking this new rumor that Disney may erase the sequel trilogy. I don't think they should explain it with the World Between Worlds nonsense, though. Disney should just make new movies that ignore episodes 7-9 ever happened.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I’m glad you like this thing that will never in a million years happen. Thank you for enriching our lives with this.

9. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    People forget that John Favreu was "Mikey Peters" in Swingers. He was the guy who recently broke up with his girlfriend. Mikey Peters introduces us to his pet alien, Baby Yoda and wins over hearts and minds for SW to continue.

[​IMG]

10. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    Yeah #CancelST is not going to happen anywhere except on Twitter. It isn't the case of producing kazillion poopy theatrical and straight-to-video sequels like Halloween franchise that erased everything except first 2 movies because barely anyone have seen the rest. They didn't erase PT despite perhaps even bigger backlash than ST, they won't erase ST. It's very easy to ignore it if you really don't like it. I ignore The Hobbit trilogy and Fantastic Beasts movies. Neither hurts my love for LOTR and Pottah. Neither will be erased by their studios.

Darth Nave, PymParticles and EHT like this.
  11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    A friend sent me an article about this video and I went on an hour long rant about how this will never happen. And how it completely cheapens the lesson taught in that episode of Rebels. There is just simply no way Disney would do that. Face it Star Wars is going to be different for everyone and not liked by everyone either. As someone who loves the PT and grew up with that, I don't want to be that person that takes the ST away from kids it brought into the fandom or helped enhance for them. Just people need to move on and accept the fact that the ST is what the ST is. Also Disney doesn't need to use a Rebel subplot to make movies, they just have to say hey go make a Star Wars. It would honestly be a PR nightmare to go this route for Disney. It is best to just figure out what they want the future of the franchise to be and move forward with that. I for one welcome brand new storylines and characters we know nothing about.

DarthRosie likes this.
  12. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    Yes this. I don't think that WBW is ever going to be in the movies. It's something for Filoniverse (animation) but movies were never big on crazy lore (much to my discontent but such is life). Also, much easier than erasure (which is an illogical business idea anyway so really strange it caught on so well) is simply never bringing back ST characters again. The movies are canon but characters will be put on ice so fans won't be reminded of ST going forward beyond that movies exist. It's much simpler. I think that will happen in the future. They'll focus on creating new storylines and characters to get SW out of Saga formula and known timelines.

Darth Nave and leia56 like this.
  13. JeeediMoriah

JeeediMoriah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2014
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We Got This Covered strikes again. :rolleyes:

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Not only rumors baseless nonsense but this is also not the ST forum so please let’s move on.

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  17. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Regarding the Doomcock story... let's look at what actually happened in that Rebels episode and think about what that moment of Ezra yanking Ahsoka out of the timeline had....
    Now, originally, Vader struck her down, and presumably the events of the Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy played out. However; Vader saw the Veil when Ezra grabbed her. Have we ever seen the ripple effects of that knowledge? Wouldn't Vader obsess over it and try to figure out a way to save Padme?
    Plus, we all have assumed that Obi-Wan's body disappeared when Vader struck him down in ANH, but what if somebody grabbed him?

Now, I'm not saying Disney will retcon the ST, but it does open up some interesting possibilities...

Also, even though Disney wiped out the EU, I can't see them doing the same thing with the ST, even if there is regime change at Lucasfilm. But, the TV series could introduce a concept to give them more flexibility to tell their own stories without having to match up with the ST, which is probably more so what this is about.

18. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    Interesting thoughts. Obi Wan Force Ghosted, though, so he was definitely not grabbed. It's a different situation from Ahsoka's disappearance. But I agree with you that they could tweak things going forward though I don't think it'll happen with known characters (Ahsoka exception nothwithstanding). Maybe with future characters. or maybe it remains just Ahsoka thing. Going overboard with "grabs" cheapens the original idea.

19. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Well, we didn't see his ghost till ESB just his disembodied voice right after he "died" and during the Trench Run. It does cheapen it though, but imagine the ripples and possibilities if they did it. Almost like a Star Wars version of Marvel's "What If" concept.

20. vaderito

Feb 5, 2016
    You have to take into consideration that WBW concept was introduced in canon in 2017 I think. So OB1's dismembered voice in ANH was not from WBW but from Netherworld. That's why it's very unlikely that they'll use WBW to "grab" and "release back to our world" already known characters who died. They may use it in the future for new characters and characters who aren't dead yet. But those who proven died (read: PT, OT, ST) are not coming back via WBW.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  22. DarthRosie

DarthRosie Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2014
    Yep, there is no point in fracturing the fan base...again. People that liked the ST, will lose their patience and all to try and gain the other portion of fandom back? Then what if the anti-ST fans don't like the retcon either, now you just lost the ST people and didn't get back the other portion of fandom.

Safe play here is to use Legend character's to adapt the KOTOR and use the books and comic of the High Republic to start creating a base for movies after the KOTOR, just like Marvel did with their Universe.

What I want, is the first set of Twin force users who split off into the creation of the Jedi and the Sith. Maybe the one off produced by Feige with Favreau directing and Filoni co-heading story with Favreau that could lead into a KOTOR set of movies.

While I'm on a roll...I think they should also continue the ST story-line through animation or D+ live action, maybe they can create characters the people latch onto that they can spin to movies after they do the KOTOR movie timeline. Then those D+ characters can join in the movies with Rey/Finn/Poe when the ST triology becomes more liked, kind of like the PT. It's unfortunate that it seems like the cast of the ST has no real interest in returning to the franchise, but with the nastiness that they ran into...I don't blame them.

Sometimes the safest way to go is the best way to go because people will like it.

Crod1992 likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Any chance we could start censoring that website? :p

24. Maud'dib

Maud'dib Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 12, 2019
    Then the mods will have to put up with people who think We Got This Covered is reputable who will demand that they uncensor them.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    People who would believe such a thing would not possess the cognitive ability to register on here or type words on a keypad.