main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It was one simple misfire (the news was just a lot less dramatic than hoped - an Oct 7ish Mando release date). They scooped a Bad Batch series before anyone, and a Rebels follow-up series. They have good sources, clearly, and this one thing doesn’t invalidate them to the degree you’re proposing. People need to start learning not to treat the world as a black and white system. Kessel Run Transmissions can be both a little off about one story, while also being generally reliable.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    The Rebels follow up series has seen no confirmation anywhere. So they have one scoop under there belt. Even Mike Zeroh gets things right if he throws enough at the wall.

3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    So you think they threw a very specific guess, like a Bad Batch TV show, at the wall and it stuck? I know a decent source when I see one, and KRT is one of them. They’ve scooped more than I’ve mentioned, too.

DarthRosie and 2Cleva like this.
  4. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018

meh, The Bad Batch had spinoff written all over it.

5. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Well, I am. But a rumor being a rumor does'nt mean there's no point in speculating on it.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yesterday's financial call probably was always intended for one purpose:

"How many people did we kill by reopening the parks?"

"Are we liable?"

"I like the spinning tea cup ride"

"Do we qualify for government aid as a struggling multi-trillion dollar company?"

"How much can we charge for Mulan without tipping over to losing interest?"

wobbits, Fin McCool, K2771991 and 7 others like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I saw not one person speculate that the Bad Batch would get their own TV show. Not least as it wasn’t that highly regarded. Clearly they had a reliable source for that.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    DarthRosie likes this.
  8. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    I'm just saying that it fits the mold for how tv has historically set up spinoffs.

K2771991 likes this.
  9. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    I can see both of your points - I did'nt watch those episodes and go "up, their gonna do a spinoff) (and I don't recall seeing anyone else saying the same), but at the same time that arc definantly wrapped up in a way that seemed to set up a spinoff/a return in later episodes had the show not been ending.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  10. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I think it's fairly logical to guess that Lucasfilm has had a lot of success with the Clone Wars cartoons over the years, as it has led to the widening of the audience among the youngest fans, and since the Clone Wars had to end eventually, given its place in the timeline, the Bad Batch is a way to in essence continue the Clone Wars series. I think the image of the clone troopers/stormtroopers is one that immediately says Star Wars and has found a lot of merchandising success. It feels very strategic IMO. Not complaining about it. Just making the observation.

DarthRamRod and K2771991 like this.
  11. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    I rather had the follow up series to TCW called the Civil War or something like this.
    But we will see the beginning of this in the Bad batch Show anyways

Darth PJ likes this.
  12. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Umm...

I'll take "what is Rebels?" for 200, Alex.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So outside of TCW we've had Rebels and Resistance....What do you call a Rebels "Successor" Series.

I have a fun idea of calling it "Into the Unknown" if we go into the Unknown Regions.

Plus think of the Frozen jokes one can make.

K2771991 likes this.
  14. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Well, if you define what makes it a successor series as "it's a Star Wars cartoon set after Rebels and made by Dave Filoni" I'd call it Resistance:)

Though I suspect you mean a successor series as "it's a show that continues on the sub-mythology started by TCW and contiued by Rebels and wraps up plot threads from the latter show" then Into the Unknown would be good; I might also suggest The (New) Republic or New Order, depending on if the NR or reformed Jedi have a central vocus on the series or, dare I go so far as to suggest, the New Jedi Order?;)

"The Fantabulously Fantastic Voyages of Ezra Bridger and Mitth'raw'nuruodo in the First Century ABY" however, is sadly too much to hope for:(

Forget jokes, Disney owns both; we could just have a crossover at this point!

(though in that case I hope Anna leaves Elsa at home:p)

15. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    Maybe it’s just me, but I felt like Rebels had a great ending. I don’t really need to know what happened to Ezra, some things are better left mysterious.

16. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    The Space Whales ate him and Thrawn, obviously.

Turns out Hera was right to hate them all along...

GregMcP likes this.
  17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think there could be two distinct elements to that period... there's the Rebels stuff, revolving around Ezra et al, and there's the stuff that's perhaps more focused on Bail, Mon-Mothma et al. and the political elements going on in the imperial senate etc. Of course this is all territory which, I'm sure, will feature in the Obi-Wan and Cassian Andor live actions TV shows... to some degree... so I guess it's moot anyway... i.e. it could work as a separate, but as companion animation show to Rebels, but will more likely appear in live action.

K2771991 likes this.
  18. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    We got this covered continues to pump out the dumbest clickbait articles. Apparently there’s a “Lucas cut” of TROS. The stupid hurts....

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    K2771991 likes this.
  19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm genuinely starting to think that at this point WGTC are just purposely Trolling, and seeing who's gullible enough to take the bait. There's simply no way they can possibly believe they're reporting on legitimate scoops. I refuse to believe they don't know what they're doing.

20. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Oh god, yeah. My roommate and I were looking at that "news" the other day; an edit made by Lucas of a film he did'nt write, did'nt direct and was'nt involved in making. What a load.

But then again, as long as a film is at least somewhat unsucessful it seems there's always a mysterious, elusive and better cut of it that exists somewhere:rolleyes:. Give me a break.

(anyway we all know all the Lucas cut would do would be to poorly edit Anakin's ghost in next to Luke and Leia at the end, put a random CGI Ronto edited in the festival scene, have Jar Jar yelling "wesa won!" during the hero's celebration and make Hux yell "McKlunky!" just before he gets shot:p)

21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  22. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
  23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    ...Hey guys, what's the policy for banning because I feel like it? @Pro Scoundrel @Darth Chiznuk @A Chorus of Disapproval @PrincessKenobi

24. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Hey Pym, what do you call a gnome who lives in the city?

A METROgnome!:D

(okay, I'm sorry. I'll stop it with the bad puns now...:()

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The policy is just ban it when you personally dislike it. Carry on.

Bor Mullet likes this.