main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm for changing it to the "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future." forum.

2. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Yeah, but dollars to donuts says enough people do, or, more accurately, not enough people don't.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Jango is not as popular as Boba Fett and even he aint getting a movie. he's going to be apart of another's character's show.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Jango. Unchained.

Shamear and InterestingLurker like this.
  5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, yes and no. Obviously any script or production will have people that like it or dislike it, but what Mando showed was that you could still put together a SW live action production that would be broadly liked by both casual and fanatical SW fans (and generally liked by typical viewers, critics, and award show voters). That is far different than, say, TROS, which some people loved, but has a far more narrow appeal.

I also would opine that those going on about the movies "always being supreme over TV" are the same people that were once saying Blockbuster would always be the supreme video vendor. (Dylan pops up, starts singing in raspy tone) " Tiiimmmeeess they are a changin' "

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    But that doesn't really change anything about what I wrote. You cannot define that something will be considered "good" before others get to judge it. You can have your believe of whether a script is good or not, just like you can have confidence in that people will like it, but that doesn't somehow mean that they actually will. There is no way to "make sure that the script is good". Nor would the reception say anything about how much effort was spend on honing the script.

If anyone knew how to create stuff that is guaranteed to be popular, then they would never have a single miss, and get rich teaching others how to do that as well. That simply doesn't work, in part because there is no clear cut sign for what makes "good" art. There are different tastes, different sensibilities, and different backgrounds, especially among different cultures.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Can we please do away with the "Cinema vs Television" debate? It's as pointless as almost all "vs" debates. It creates a rivalry that only exists in people's heads. It's not one or the other. We CAN have both, SHOULD have both, WILL have both, and it's BETTER to have both.

And while we're settling pointless "vs" debates...

Star Wars/Star Trek = Both great
    Marvel/DC = Both great
    Potter/LOTR = Both great
    Alien/Predator = Both great
    King Kong/Godzilla = Both great
    Chocolate/Vanilla = Both great

Etc, etc, etc.......

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    True, but in hindsight you can definitely make the case that some succeeded more so than others in touching people with what they wrote in their script. While quality will always be subjective, their are measures other than just saying it is all a wash because it's subjective.

Otherwise, there would be no difference between Hansen and the Beatles, or Poison and Led Zeppelin. Oh, I forgot we were avoiding "vs" debates. [face_laugh]

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Can't both be horrible, both be depressing and both be the bane of this forum's existence?

As someone far cleverer than I and far stronger in the Force once said "it's all about balance"

10. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Any Bane material would be a bonus at this point... assuming that they don't completley destroy what's already been established. However, I've got a feeling they may truncate the timelines and bring Bane into the mix later on in the existing chronology i.e. nearer the High Republic than the Old...

Shamear likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We already have new look at Bane and we know he's from the end of the old republic. And all of legends story can be moved away for a new story for him with some legends here and there.

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    At least we don't have an upcoming movie being pushed to 2022

EHT and Krueger like this.
  15. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Disney+ is the real advantage Star Wars fans have, over other franchises re. content at the moment. I'll always have a preference for the medium of cinema, and what that brings to the form, but at least a TV show allows us to get a fix of Star Wars.

EHT likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    2021 is star wars animation year with mando season 3 as a bonus. Bad batch, rumored Rebels sequel, rumored x-wing series. The luke and Ben one probaly out in 2022.
    I see Cassian come out early 2022 and obi wan in summer and then mando season 4 in late 2022.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Whoa what? I haven't heard of this. Do you have a link handy to the source of the rumor?

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    it's the actor who played Snap Wexley in the ST that alluded to this an old leak on reddit i believe. I probaly had to look a while to find the source, but it is rumored to be 2d animated.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Quoting this because I can only like it once! =D=

20. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Not sure about those... I'd take with a big pinch of salt. 'X-Wing series' unsubstantiated. 'Luke and Ben' won't happen any time soon (IMHO). Rebels sequel unlikely... although I've heard rumours that Rebels characters will appear in other shows e.g. The Mando, Obi-Wan etc. (which is where the rumour probably came from).

Shamear likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I say the rebels sequel is still likley and the Luke and Ben show is probaly 3 years away.

22. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think the focus, in terms of animation, is squarely on The Bad Batch. If that wasn't in production, I'd say a Rebels sequel would stand a better chance. But I think Lucasfilm are sensible enough not to over reach/over commit. It makes more sense (IMHO) to have cross over shows... (which seems to jive with some of the rumour/speculation)... and I suspect that characters from Rebels may appear in The Bad Batch, Mando, and certainly a live action Ahsoka show.

Shamear likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it is weird yess first we hear of the rebels sequel, then we hear of them going live action appearance. So i wonder if we might get both live action and animation. Maybe they changed it to live action.

24. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Given Bad Batch being in development, I'd say it's more likely that we'll get Rebels characters appearing in live action shows than a dedicated animated Rebels sequel. We know Ahsoka is/was probably the most popular original character from an animated show, and she's going to be making a live action appearance pretty soon... so I'd imagine this is where they see the future of these crossover characters, with animation being the vehicle for all new characters/situations and, perhaps 'classic' characters animated shows.

Shamear and InterestingLurker like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we will see them back in animation too, I think Rex and Ahsoka will be in both animation and live action. Rex will probaly be in Bad Batch. I think there's 2-3 animation shows in the works, 2 more with bad batch. I agree with classic and new characters crossover.

InterestingLurker likes this.