main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver The Vancouver Canucks Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I started a Leafs thread on the Toronto board a while ago, and it was moderately successful, so I decided to start a Canucks thread here.

Vancouver, as I'm sure you all know, is having an amazing 2002 calendar year. They've been strong ever since Chistmas of last year. They just recently had a 10 game winning streak. They are the division leader, and are only two points back from the conference leader, Dallas, which has played one more game than they have.

So, here is a thread for all us Canuck fans to celebrate the sucesses, analyze the failures, and discuss the team. Who is your favourite Canuck? What are your predictions for the team? What is your opinion of the coaching?

//drops the puck on the discussion

2. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Im glad to see at least one Canadain team isn't useless this year. Calgary is sure sucking and Edmonton is just starting to heat up. And the eastern teams, well, there in the east ;) Congrats to you Vancouver people on having a kick @$$ team this year :)

3. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Thanks for posting this great concept thread, Admiral_Thrawn60. ;)

In terms of the Canucks, I?ve been utterly amazed their success throughout 2002. What really strikes me though, is the amount of confidence that they?re exuding as a team. Just last week, in the Vancouver Sun, Brian Burke stated that the best move that he has made so far as the Canucks? GM was the hiring of Marc Crawford. Personally, I can?t disagree with this assessment, as I believe Mr. Crawford is not only a great coach and but also a significant reason why the Canucks are playing so well and with so much confidence. ;)

[image=http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/hockey/nhl/coaches/van_coach.jpg]

4. dexters

dexters Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    May the force be with the Canucks

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    How the heck can Vancouver be losing to Calgary? :mad:

6. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I am Canadian.

But I know nothing of hockey...

*hides*

7. dexters

dexters Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    It's alright.

I don't follow hockey either. B-ball is more my thang.

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I like hockey, but it's not everything.

Egad! What is mesa saying!?

I wish my parents had gotten me involved in hockey when I was younger. I really want to play professionally.

9. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    A_T60: ?How the heck can Vancouver be losing to Calgary??

Yeah, this kind of sucks. :mad: I?m just watching the game right now (ah, the miracle of TV tuners ;) ); there?s three minutes left in the third period and its 2-1 for Calgary. :(

[b]dexters[/b]: ?[i]I don't follow hockey either. B-ball is more my thang.[/i]?

Did you ever attend any [b][color=teal][hl=white]Grizzlies[/b][/hl][/color], [b]Dexter[/b]. [face_confused] Even though they weren?t the best team when they were here, I used to attend, watch on TV and listen (on the radio) to a lot of their games (especially in the last couple of years). [face_cry]
    [hr]
    [b]A_T60[/b]: ?[i]I wish my parents had gotten me involved in hockey when I was younger.[/i]?

Have you ever played organized ice hockey, [b]Chris[/b]? [face_confused]

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Have you ever played organized ice hockey, Chris?

No. That's one of the regrets I have. I didn't get into hockey until just a few years ago.

I listened to the game on CKNW on the net. I was expecting an easy win. :(

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Sorry about the back to back posts, but nobody has posted in this thread in some time.

Vancouver defeated Edmonton last night 6-3. Nazzy had a career night, with 4 goals. Bertuzzi scored 1, and D. Sedin scored the other. It was Naslund's 9th career hat trick, and first 4-goal game. Most of the goals came in the second period, after Edmonton took one penalty, then another a few seconds later, giving Vancouver a 2-man advantage. They scored quickly, and when they did, the Edmonton goaltender punched Bertuzzi in the back of the head. Good ol' Bert just skated away, and it cost Edmonton another 2 minutes. Vancouver scored again, and I believe they scored once more before the teams were even strength again.

Vancouver once again is the leader of the Northwest Division, and is back up to 2nd in the Western Conference.

Tonight they play Calgary at GM Place at 7:00 PST. It should be a relatively easy win., statistically. However, Vancouver has struggled against Calgary lately. If they pull it off, it'll put them in the lead in the Western Conference. They trail Dallas by just one point - a team that has played 31 games to Vancouver's 30.

Go Canucks!

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Vancouver vs Calgary Summary - Sunday, Dec 15, 2002

The game ended in a 3-3 tie. More importantly, both Ohlund and Linden are injured. Hopefully we'll receive information on the extent of their injuries soon.

13. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    ? More importantly, both Ohlund and Linden are injured. Hopefully we'll receive information on the extent of their injuries soon.

Yes, these injuries to such pivotal players as Ohlund and Linden are a definite downer. :( I just read the Sports Section of our local rag, The Vancouver Sun, and here is a update on their status. Ohlund injured his left knee (I?ve have not heard the prognosis yet) in a collision with Martin Gelinas; he won?t make the two-game road-trip that is coming up. Linden suffered a serious cut (in between his eyes) from the stick of team-mate Trent Klatt; some blood entered his eyes and he needed stitches too. And in a collision on Saturday in the game against Edmonton, Henrik Sedin suffered a shoulder sprain and will not be playing during this upcoming road-trip. :_|

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Crying.gif]

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I have a bad feeling about this.

15. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, we lost to Chicago 3-2, but we play Nashville tomorrow night. I have a feeling that they won't know what hit them. :D

16. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Why can't Vancouver beat Calgary, i dont get it.

17. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Ottawa's in town tonight. This'll be a tough game.

18. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    "Ottawa's in town tonight. This'll be a tough game."

That's right, Chris. ;) Ottawa has an extremely deep team, despite their relatively low payroll. Not only will it be a tough game, it should also be entertaining too, as the Senators and Canucks are the two top Canadian teams in the NHL. Also, this is the only time these two teams play each other this season, so Canadian "bragging rights" are at stake. ;)

For those that are interested, the game starts at 07:00 PM on SportsNet. :)

19. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    as the Senators and Canucks are the two top Canadian teams in the NHL.

Ottawa is top overall, and Vancouver isn't far behind, actually. Yes, I know Dallas has more points, but they've played a few more games.

We won. Amazing. Columbus is next. They're bantha poodoo. :D

20. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    That was some game last night. 14????? penalties for Ottawa??? What were they thinking?

And Naslund's coast-to-coast - that was so beautiful to watch!

Go Canucks Go!

21. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, maybe they weren't bantha poodoo. :(

22. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Tonight is one of the few nights where I can?t cheer for our beloved Canucks, as they?re playing my team: the Detroit Red Wings. [face_blush]

Also, I was happy to hear yesterday that Dan Cloutier won the NHL Player of the Week, as he?s a large reason for their success, IMHO. ;)

23. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Vancouver victory! :D

Detroit gets a point though.

24. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Vancouver beat Atlanta 8-0 last night.

We are HOT!

25. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Well, Atlanta is the second worst team in the NHL. Not much competition for the 'Nucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.