main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Vent Crawler's Lair | A Zekk Index and Discussion Thread | Look, sir! An update!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Zekk_Index, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meshugenah

Meshugenah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    More Zekk fiction, indeed! Now, I should get moving and add some before I complain ;)

J-o-e, I think he was 16, too, but I don't have the books to check.

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    He's listed as "several years older" than the twins... and the official time line puts him as born in 7 ABY, and the twins born in 9 ABY - doesn't say how far apart exactly, but I normally give him about two and a half years between him and the twins. Mostly because it makes more sense to have him about two and a half years older than they are in my head.

See this thread for info ;) It's another of Lazy's awesome concoctions ;)

3. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    The Lost Ones states that he's "a couple of years older than the twins" (p. 3), so I've always thought the age difference between them was closer to two years than to three.

4. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    YOu know how ther is contraversy on how powerful Zekk is, well in the latest book

Spoiler Alert for Revalation
    [blockquote]Jacen sees a space fleet that he calls into the GA forces but then relizes that it is a big Force illusion and thinks it could be Luke but his next choice was Zekk which I thought was really high praise when you consider there are a whole lot of Masters I would have picked first. It's nice Karen gave Zekk a little due. I hope that means there will be more[/blockquote]

5. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    I guess it's a matter of personal interpretation. We never see his life day celebrated, just the year.. so in theory he could be 18 months older, not quite two years ;)

What can I say, there seems to be a lot of room for the readers to decide for themselves :)

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Before you say anything, I know it's way too late, but I wrote a response to the last challenge, hoping we could get some things going back in here!

Ideal World

A thread just for Zekk is a great idea, and I can't wait to see what happens next here. :D

~MJ@};-

7. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Woot! MJ, that's just awesome *runs off to read*

8. Zekk_Index

Zekk_Index Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2006
    [image=http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/Ennta/ZekkIndexintrobutton.jpg]

Spring 2008 Update

New stories:

? Bravado by Jade_Max

? Ideal World by Mira_Jade

? Lifeday Candles by ZekksGoddess

? Stargazing by Jedi_Latin_Student

? King of Pain by Solo_and_Fel

[b][i][color=green]New Discussion Topic[/color][/i][/b]

What does the future have in store for our favorite Jedi? Will he become a Jedi Master? Teach a new generation of younglings in the ways of hair care and emo-tastic relationships? Discuss!

[i]Thanks to [b]brodiew[/b] for suggesting the new topic![/i]
    [hr]
    [b][i][color=green]Spring 2008 Challenge[/color][/i][/b]

Write a vignette or short story about Zekk?s life after [i]Legacy of the Force[/i]. This challenge will run until the procrastinating fangirl responsible for updating this thread posts a new challenge [i]or[/i] hell freezes over?whichever comes first. ;)

9. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    a new challenge or hell freezes over?whichever comes first.

[face_laugh]
    Hmm I wonder which one that may be?:confused:

I might have to take a stab at this one.

10. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Will he become a Jedi Master? Teach a new generation of younglings in the ways of hair care and emo-tastic relationships?
    You know, if he pursued the hair care thing, I wonder how succesful a line of hair products manufactured by a Jedi would be...
    There's a challenge idea right there. :p

This challenge will run until the procrastinating fangirl responsible for updating this thread posts a new challenge or hell freezes over?whichever comes first.
    [face_laugh]

What does the future have in store for our favorite Jedi? Will he become a Jedi Master? Teach a new generation of younglings in the ways of hair care and emo-tastic relationships? Discuss!
    Okay, for real this time. :) No random thoughts about haircare products.

I'm not sure I've read far enough into LotF yet to judge properly- Zekk's role isn't huge or anything up to Tempest.

I certainly can see him becoming a Jedi Master. Ah, but speculation is difficult without all the facts.

I'm interested to see what others think about it, though.

11. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I think Zekk is definitely Master material. Given his life experience and his brush with the Dark Side, I see him as having a lot of knowlege to share. Whether his love life works out or not, Luke would not pass up the oppotunity to have this man teach.

Hey, there's another challenge idea: Write a vig featuring Luke and Zekk and a discussion of his possible promotion to Master.

I'm full of ideas I don't quite have the energy to write. LOL.

12. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004

Good point. I'd never considered it that way before.

Zekk does have a lot of knowledge and experience in the way of dealing with a lot of rough times, emotions and things of a darker nature. He has strong morals, and believes in them firmly.

Not to mention, Zekk's years of friendly devotion to Jaina, regardless of whether she has romantic feelings back, has to count for something.

You'd definitley think Luke would want to utilize that in Zekk as some kind of mentor to the younger generations, or at least as a Master.

I'm full of ideas I don't quite have the energy to write. LOL.
    Bah. I know the feeling. I blame summer for my laziness. :)

13. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I decided to write a vig where Luke informs Zekk of his promotion to Master. Introducing...

Master Zekk!

14. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Where are the founders of this thread? It's in dire need of a pick me up!

What happened to Zekk in Invincible?

Why is no one talking about Zekk? Do you think him dead?

Has the Zekk love disappeared?

Just askin'

15. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Oh, I'm still very much in love with Zekk. ;) However, there haven't been enough Zekk-centric fics posted since the last update for me to do another update just yet. Also, the challenge didn't exactly go anywhere. :p A summer update will be coming in July, provided RL gives me a break.

General discussion about Zekk's character (and the developments in Invincible) have been taking place in the People Who Like Zekk __________________ Coalition over in the EUC; I guess they just haven't filtered over here. ;)

As for me, I don't think Zekk is dead. Denning has a history of resurrecting young Jedi Knights. ;)

16. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Well, I don't normally post here, but I wanted to add my two cents worth...

I don't think Zekk is dead.

And there's this guy that works at the grocery store that looks just like him. No joke.

*poofs out of existance*

17. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    Personally, I'm not doing a whole lot of Zekk discussion because, lazy me, I haven't finished LotF yet and I'm trying not to spoil myself more than I already have. Which is why I've been mainly lurking around the Coalition thread these days. :)

The Zekk love hasn't faded for me, either- I've been trying to give the boy some attention with this, though: Vent Crawler.

18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    ZekksGoddess, I spoiled myself by accident, but at that point I decided not to finish the series, but to read summaires of Revelation and Invincible.

Zekk's fate was a strange ?

19. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Darth Lex just posted a speculation piece of Zekk's fate -it has a lot of merit. Check it out!

20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Boy does this need a bump!

Given the Sue Rostini blog, it appears that we will get a cannon novel focusing on Zekk and what happened at the end of LOTF. Is there any excitement about this?

Given that things are looking more and more like a cannon J/J, what will happened to Zekk? It seems to me there is a certain blonde Jedi Knight with angst to spare that might need someone to lean on.

What happened to our thread managers?

New challenge?

New discussion?

Let's breath some life into this thread!

21. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    I can't believe no one is talking up Blood Oath! We've thoroughly discussed it in the J/J thread! Maybe I'll come back later with thoughts I've already posted.

Needless to say, I'm excited for Blood Oath. Actually, more excited than I am for Outcast. Finally we'll get to see some character from Zekk! Oh, and he's supposed to be ruggedly handsome, too...

22. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    If it's of interest to anyone, Vent Crawler, Zekk's fansite, has a section on Blood Oath. Here's a link: http://vent-crawler.sitesled.com/news.html

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, I'm starting to become a Zekk fan.

I can't believe no one's posted this in here, yet.

The cover for Blood Oath is up

Once an orphan scavenging on the streets of Coruscant's undercity, he rose to become a Jedi Knight and serve with honor as a fighter pilot for the New Republic. Alongside Jaina Solo, he confronted the forces of Darth Caedus -- the most powerful of the Sith Lords -- in a battle that nearly destroyed him. But his story isn't over. For Zekk, the future holds much more. . . .

Darth Caedus is dead, and the war is ended. Still, the Imperial Remnant remains a very real threat for the Galactic Alliance. And though the Moffs' attempted assassination of Tenel Ka, Queen Mother of the Hapes Consortium, has failed, their machinations have uncovered an ancient secret capable of destroying the queen and her people as surely as the deadliest attack.

As Jag Fel, Imperial Remnant leader and Zekk's longtime rival for Jaina Solo's affections, assumes control of the Moff Council -- stepping right into a nest of explosive intrigue -- Zekk, desperate to contact his Jedi comrades, finds himself at the mercy of a pirate captain with an unknown agenda and allegiance to none but herself. But with or without her, the Knight vows to do whatever it takes to stop the volatile conflict unfolding around him from reaching its fatal endgame.

My how Zekk has grown up. I forgot he's like in his thirties by Blood Oath.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/books/news20090106/bloodoath_bg.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.