main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Video Game Draft Version 2.0 Beta

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Yeah, I'm getting pretty unsure of having just two PLers....

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I like the 3 PL picks myself, it does add a nice depth to teams. Funny how we went from discussing adding a 4th PL pick to now having only 2. Maybe we should just keep it at 3 then. Most GMs take their top team picks by their second round anyway, the third PL just makes the deal that much sweeter.

What is the word as of now? 2 Plers, 3 Preps, and 5 Rlers? Or are we doing, 3PLers, 2 Preps and 5 Rlers again? Or even another combo, 3 PLers, 3 Preps and 4 RLers?

So much to choose from.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I don't get it. What are your concerns? Most of the picks that would be on a 3-per-team PL are still going to be on the overall list. They're not going anywhere. A vast majority of the picks that would be added back to a 3-per-team list really aren't worthy of being on a limited list. They really just aren't.

If anything, this rewards good GMs who know the better RL picks to snag.

The PL is just an illusion, anyways. Seriously. It's nothing but a crutch. If we can get to the point to where we don't even need the stupid thing, so much the better. The day where a group of 16 GMs can, I duuno, make the best picks, I guess... yeah, the day a group of GMs can generally draft the best characters at the given spots without the PL (which is basically just there to say, "Look. These are the good picks, okay?") and we don't end up with one or two uber squads because no one else had a clue and we don't pretty much know the outcome of the draft before it even really begins, then that's a good day for the draft.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    exactly what Shurron said. The smaller the PL, the more reward there is to the GM who does his research and knows what picks are available. The power list, IMO, exists for two reasons. One, is to give new/lazy GMs some starting point, so they don't have a team of 12 bozos and lose 10-0 every time. The second is to prevent the following type of team:

Grahf
    KOS-MOS
    Cloud Strife
    Crono
    Magus
    etc ...

Only the upper-upper tier should really be on a power list.

The smaller the power list, the more advantage to the GMs willing to do research, willing to investigate picks, and the more strategy can come into play.

5. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    That is a good point.

Actually youve persuaded me.

I think it would make for a more interesting game to have 2 PL picks. Even at the risk of newbies getting slaughtered. Which is quite fun.

Anyone know roundabouts when the next draft will be up.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Let's see ...

We've gone through additions and deletions
    We've set rule changes

We need to finish up discussion about the power list (anyone have objections of the major variety to what I posted?)

And I need a forum mod to say the next one can go up

7. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    I think the PL is looking good.

From the characters I know anyway :p.

8. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Really? You guys are whining that you might get to have up to five of the current PLers with this system? Really?

9. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OBVIOUSLY WE WHINE BECAUSE CHANGE IS NEW AND FRIGHTENING AND ALWAYS BAD!

With that said, I'm with whoever is for whatever. Really, the 2 PL system or whatnot. I haven't really been paying much attention.

10. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004
    No, I'm convinced the two PL system will work like a charm.

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

11. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Here's a link to a Fire Emblem Trailor, Tibarn is the guy who jumps off of the clif and turns into a bird. Also, the Black Dragon King would deserve a spot on the power list, leveling that castle shows some power.

Evil.

12. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Yeah, I'm for whatever everyone else is for.

13. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    We need to finish up discussion about the power list (anyone have objections of the major variety to what I posted?)

Let's go with what we got, that's my vote. If it's not perfect, oh well. Things like a PL never really are, anyways. Any mistakes or oversights or whatever we'll learn along the way and just make it that much better next time.

I say let's draft, people. Draft big, draft hard, but also, draft smart, safe. I don't want to see anyone get hurt out there.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I say that even if someone is the best person on the draft, if it's their first draft they don't go on the power list. Unless we were talking about adding someone like Sentry to the comic book draft, but I don't think the Fire Emblem guys are so obviously great that they deserve to be on the PL. If it is found out that, hey, these guys are way too powerful, you can't have too many of them, then, yeah, put e'em on the PL.

Let's get this thing started already.

15. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004
    I agree. Let's get this party started.

16. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Go go go.

Nice quote Kast, the superman one that is.

17. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004
    You just now noticed it? :p

18. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    This is the exact opposite of starting, right?

19. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004
    Yes. [face_plain]

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    It's a holiday weekend, I'm busy. It'll be up when I have time.

:p

21. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I guess we are locking this monster up pretty soon then right?

OK BUH-BYE!1!!

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Im before the lock.

Heh heh.

23. Jedi_Master_Ryokono

Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
  24. Master_Kast7

May 12, 2004
    Wrong thread, dude. ;)

Lock this sucker up, mod person people!

25. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    In before the lock.

And you better put this draft up while im around inty. Cause if I miss this one like I missed the Jedi draft then [face_anger]

Lol only jokin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.