main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Vintage Collection Returns Spring 2017

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darthmaul208, Apr 17, 2017.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I do really like the next waves for TVC and have finally found the Mimban Trooper in Walmarts.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    New production photos of Luke Skywalker (Crait), R2-D2 (ANH), Imperial Assault Tank Commander (Rogue One) and Death Star Gunner (Rogue One).

Luke looks amazing

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I Agree!!!! Luke looks awesome!!!!!

4. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Did anyone else buy the new Target exclusive Stormtrooper Han figure today? I know he was supposed to hit shelves today, but I didn’t even attempt to look. I’m recovering from knee surgery, so I just ordered him for store pickup. :)

I cannot WAIT for that Crait Luke figure, though! That’s been a must-have figure for me for AGES. I’m suspicious about pre-ordering it from Walmart’s website because I’ve heard some of the recent Vintage Collection Lando figures ordered from Walmart arrived damaged, so I signed up for an email alert for when Amazon lists it as in stock or available for pre-order again. Hopefully we eventually get Crait Luke in 6” scale, too.

5. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I seen the Han in Stormtrooper disguise once before release and couldn't buy it. Haven't seen one since. Targets big May 12th release day was a big failure. I look forward to Luke as well.
    Why have no Wal-Mart's restocked the Mimban Trooper?! Sells out in minutes and not replaced for a month? Strange what's going on.

Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Some of the people I follow on YouTube posted vids w/their Han and Luke finds @ Target, but they strike me as the types who have the product's SKU # and have the clerks go get the product out of the back if it's not on the shelf. As someone who works in retail, I've just never been comfortable w/having the clerk stop what they're doing to go fish something out of their back room. They've got a lot on their plates already.

7. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Some Targets are filled with Han's. I've seen nothing new with the VC other than that, however I did find a Wal-Mart that had some VC clearanced for only $1!!

When are the new waves of VC going to hit stores? It's been months??

Juke Skywalker and Master_Rebado like this.
  8. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    I was just at Target today — no Han (I already ordered him online and picked him up in store, though) and only a few Vintage Collection figures. They also finally got the Resistance line in stock, but they only had one of each figure, except for like, two. :rolleyes: I snatched them up because I’ve been waiting for them to hit retail for months.

I’m still holding out hope that one of my local Walmarts will put more of the Vintage Collection TIE Fighters out and mark them down for $15 or less. There’s been so many reports of that happening, but of course, every time I go to a Walmart near me, they practically have no Star Wars stuff.

As for the new stuff, I literally don’t understand what the holdup is. I think part of it is just that the stores don’t care. Toys don’t sell like they used to and the figures probably aren’t heavily requested by customers (aside from us diehard fans). The only time I’ve ever asked someone to grab a figure from the back is when they came out with the Black Series Bespin Leia figures, and she basically told me they don’t put more stuff on display in the toys department very often. [face_plain] So, that definitely doesn’t help in terms of ANY new figure distribution (not just the Vintage Collection). But I also think Hasbro is largely to blame.

9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Distribution has been a problem going back to just after the ROTS era. Aside from The Black Series, I don't collect the new stuff any more, but I don't know a single collector who isn't frustrated by it.

At this point it's probably best to pre-order the stuff you want from the various e-tailers out there. Sure there's typically a bit of a mark up, but you save in the long run when you factor in gas and lost time. But the sad thing about that is losing the joy of the hunt and the excitement of finding stuff in the wild.

10. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    I got my Crait Luke today, and while I know a lot of people have been disappointed by the paint jobs on theirs, I have to say, I lucked out because the only major issue I have with this figure is the Godawful paint job on his hair. :rolleyes:

Anyway, he made an awesome addition to my The Last Jedi display in my room, although as I was putting him up, I realized that the 3.75” Rey figure we got from The Last Jedi (in her outfit from the second half of the film) is AWFUL. Rey is one of my favorite characters and that figure is quite possibly one of the ugliest figures in my collection. I’d do ANYTHING for a Vintage Collection Rey in her throne room/Crait outfit. I know I’m probably in the minority, though, it seems like a lot of Vintage Collection collectors are more interested in Original Trilogy/Prequel Trilogy releases.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    • STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH JAWA Figure

(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $12.99/Available: Fall 2019)
    Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation inspired by STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE, this collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH JAWA figure is highly poseable and features realistic detail, making it a great gift

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA (YAVIN) Figure

Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation inspired by STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE, this collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA (YAVIN) figure is highly poseable and features realistic detail, making it a great gift for STAR WARS fans and collectors. Includes figure and accessory. Available at most major retailers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH SHADOW TROOPER Figure

Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation inspired by the STAR WARS galaxy, this collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH SHADOW TROOPER figure is highly poseable and features realistic detail, making it a great gift for STAR WARS fans and collectors. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH SITH TROOPER Figure

Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, this collectible STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH SITH TROOPER figure is highly poseable and features realistic detail, making it a great gift for STAR WARS fans and collectors. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado and whostheBossk like this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    • STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH CAVE OF EVIL Figure Set

(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $39.99/Available: Fall 2019)
    While training with YODA on DAGOBAH, LUKE SKYWALKER faces a chilling test in the Cave of Evil, fighting a Lightsaber duel with a spectral DARTH VADER whose helmet conceals LUKE’S own face. Featuring premium detail and design across multiple points of articulation inspired by STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH CAVE OF EVIL figure set makes a great gift for fans and collectors. Includes 3 figures and 6 accessories. Available exclusively at Target

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Leia looks great. I will just hunt down the troopers on these. I imagine they will all be at retail?

16. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    @whostheBossk I REALLY hope so.

Am over the whole "exclusives" thing on near every 2nd new release.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It looks like only the Luke/Yoda 3 pack is an exclusive the rest are going to retail.

18. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    No doubt. It's amazing how so many of these store "exclusives" wind up on Amazon or BBTS, or whatever. Sometimes you just have to be patient and you'll eventually find what you're looking for,

19. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Ah good to know.... will as ever keep my attention across all etailers and social media/collector sites for news on that.

:)

Iron_lord and whostheBossk like this.
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    2019 European Convention Product Reveals - The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch Cara Dune

Hasbro has finally released Press Photos for The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch Cara Dune figure that were revealed at MCM London Comic Con and Paris Comic Con.

Update: here is the Press Info for these this figure

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH CARA DUNE Figure
    (HASBRO/Ages 4 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $13.99/Available: Spring 2020)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Love it!!!^^^

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks to Star Wars Collector on FB - these are all up for pre-order at Hasbro Pulse

Hasbro Press Release - 2019 Barcelona Manga Convention Product Reveals - The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch Figures

Hasbro has sent us a Press Release and Photos for some new and re-released The Vintage Collection 3.75-Inch figures that were revealed at the Barcelona Manga Convention.

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH REMNANT STORM TROOPER Figure
    (HASBRO/Ages 4 & up/Available: Spring 2020)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION figures are re-releases of some of our best main characters from the past for the global and newer fans to THE VINTAGE COLLECTION.

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH WICKET Figure

[​IMG]

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH OBI WAN KENOBI Figure

[​IMG]

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH ANAKIN SKYWALKER Figure

[​IMG]

• STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH DARTH MAUL Figure

[​IMG]

Master_Rebado and whostheBossk like this.
  23. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Thank you for the pics. Plenty look forward to!

Master_Rebado and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  24. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I will second that!!!!

25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Need the Cara, Mando, and TCW Ani and Obi re-releases.