main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Ah, another to be initiated to the ways of Teh Boon :D

The Boon is the name bestowed upon the house where GoobaFish and ImperialCourtesan live. It's centrally located for most of us, and is great for parties and get togethers. One of them will PM you the address, and we'll look forward to seeing you.

2. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Australia Day: Will probably have the padawan on aussie day so would love to bring him for a little while to play with the big kids if it was okay with everyone.

Movies:
    Would like to finally go see Eragon tomorrow night, Tuesday 16th at Chermside if anyone else wanted to. 6.45 pm session would be best for me as I finish close to 6 at Chermside. I know IC wants to go see Pursuit of Happyness and I wouldn't mind this either, but really want to see Eragon before it leaves the building. There's other stuff around this time if people want to come join and watch other movies. I'm thinking Maccas at about 6. Anyone?

3. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Will be in town to help IC transport something with Serenity...
    So I'll definately be up for a meet at Chermside K.

Movies and/or something else... *cough*Karaoke*cough* :D

4. monkiee

monkiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    Sweet. I Canne wait. And we all get dressed up like Star Wars characters, right? Wink wink? Nudge Nudge? ;)

Dibs on Cloud City Luke. Awww yeah!

5. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Feel free to dress up anytime we hang out Monkiee. You'll look like a weirdo! But you'll have friends around to protect you*

We dress up on occasion..big occasions. Or premieres. or becasue we want to. Or in the privacy of our own homes. But you don't know us well enough for those details ;)

* well we'll probably disavow any knowledge of your existence.

6. monkiee

Jan 14, 2007
    A weirdo? But my mum says that I'm the coolest kid on the block. ;)

No worries, I'll be all superhero like and wear my jedi outfit under my regular clothes, and only bust em' out when some jedi action is needed. Like say a stray Sith Lord happens to walk on by, or you need someone to kill a spider. Spiders a allied with the Sith, right?

And don't worries, once I'm privy to the secrets ways of the FanForce, I'll totally keep it under wraps.

Shhhh, Secret Squirrel.

7. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh yeah. Spiders are totally aligned with the Sith.
    Redbacks >> Maul? :eek:

You know I'd love to bring along my MR sabre, but public transport's a killer for unwieldy objects :p

8. monkiee

Jan 14, 2007
    Awww yeah, I can TOTALLY see Redbacks as Maul, all vicious and grrrrrr. :)

And you should totally bring you saber, just hope on the bus/train, put you hands on your hits and declare (in a big hardcore voice)

"Never fear, friends. I'm hear for your protection!"

Pull some sweet Jedi moves, and everyone/thing will be cool.

Trust me. I do it all the time. ;)

I'm like insanely famous.

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    ha

I think I like this new one.

And I think I've been on that same train. Or was that Hiro?

10. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    You know, I'm getting the feeling Monkiee might just fit in with us.

"Hey hey we're the Monkeys, and people say we monkey around..." [face_whistling]

11. monkiee

Jan 14, 2007
    I so wanna watch Heroes. I should just buy it online so I can embrace the superhero genius that is that show, but alas, I just don't have the moola to spend. Damn you bills! Oh, and it totally was me, unless Hiro stole my cap. Where his my cap?

HIRO!!!!!!

PS: Here I come, walking down the street, I get the funniest looks from, all the people watching me bust out my sweet jedi movies on the train like some insane dude with a plastic blue stick. Hey hey, I'm the monkiee and people on the train say 'what the f%*@?' :D

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Dunno if you CAN buy it. But don't. We have some ways for you to see it. :)

( see beginning of thread for upcoming events )

13. monkiee

Jan 14, 2007
    Awww yeah! You guys totally rule.

And we don't have to dress up like superhero, yeah? Cause I don't think I can wear three layers of clothes in this heat. :p

14. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004

You must, nay, WILL come to our Heroes marathon.

Also, have you seen any of the new Battlestar Galactica?

15. monkiee

Jan 14, 2007
    I'll be there like Charile Brown at a baseball game (whatever that means). And yeah, I've seen up to the end of the second season of BG but haven't however seen the pilot. I don't think my brother-in-law downloaded it. I totally love it. I liked the orginal, well the concept of it anyways, and this new version takes that original concept and gives it an edge which most modern sci-fi shows (eg: star trek) lacks. Its probably my equal favorite NEW sci-fi show, along with Firefly (which i own).

16. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Firefly and Galactica? Yeah, you're right at home with us.

We'll make sure you get season 3 and the miniseries ;)

17. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I'm getting the feeling Monkiee that you're already one of us and have just been invisible at all our events :)

Really though..isn't it cool to find people that love the same stuff as you!

18. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    There's a DVD of the first 11 episodes of "Heroes" available on Netflix in the US. That's all that's available so far, and I haven't seen any news for the inevitable release. I'm just glad they aren't looking like they are going to divide a season DVD release into 2 parts. Ridiculous idea...

For other events, I throw this idea to the masses and then vanish in a puff of logic:

MONTY PYTHON DOUBLE

Monty Python & The Holy Grail (1975) (PG)

FOLLOWED BY...

Life Of Brian (1979) (M)

FRIDAY 19 JANUARY, 7.00PM (18+ event) AND SATURDAY 20 JANUARY, 1.00PM (all ages event)

Globe Theatre, 220 Brunswick St Fortitude Valley
    (next to Brunswick St train station)

Tickets $15.00 per person

Pre-paid bookings only (07) 3844 4751 *please have credit card handy

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

19. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm so totally up for that. As I said, it's been ages since I last saw Life Of Brian. Sweeet.

But don't. We have some ways for you to see it.

Oh yeah. We have means of obtaining such things. Means, I say.

20. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    If people are not sure about going to the globe, I've got Holy Grail and I think i Have Life of Brian on DVD (or if LoB isn't in the DVD collection, we definately have it on VHS...[face_thinking])

21. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    But there is something about watching great films with a largish bunch of people who love it too!!

..hang on..we DO do that already don't we! :) and it's free and we can talk over it and eat pizza and drink during the film!

Friday nights and Saturdee arvos are always out for me unfortunately otherwise yeah I'd probably do this or construct our own globe at Morgans out of paddle pop sticks and crepe paper.

I really REALLY want to go to the moonlight cinema at the powerhouse sometime this summer too!

22. monkiee

Jan 14, 2007
    Yeah, its actually cool that I can chat with (and soon meet) people I can relate too. Sci-fi just has way too many stereotypes for the average joe to give it a chance. Sometimes I wonder why more people just don't relax a little and get into the groove. Sci-fi and comic hero shows and movies are really creative and most of the time much better than your average drama, you just need to give shows a little time to relate to the characters, just like anything. People need to chill and just enjoy what is the kick arse genre.

I'm always up for a Monty Python Marathon, at the Globe or whereever. I haven't seen either of them in ages, but totally love the MP crew. Michael Palin is my personal fav; "dat parrots snot dead, its just sleepin'" but I'm have no clue about how to get tickets, cause I don't have a credit card. Can I just rock up on the night/afternoon and get tickets then?

23. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    If I remember correctly, there's usually people trying to offload tikets outside the Globe.

Sometone may want $20 though, and being Python, I'd expect it to be a sell-out.
    Um, did you check that, Magnus...? :confused:

24. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    aah.. fresh meat for the Geeks! It's a sacrificial BBQ for AU DAY then!!!!!!!!!!!

25. monkiee

Jan 14, 2007
    Yeah, lets burn up the newbie! WHAHAHAHAH ... what? ... uhhhh ... oh crap! [face_worried]