main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The War Room - QLDFF Events Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Can't on Friday unfortunately..Sunday arvo??

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    HB, Sammich and I are going for Teh Drinks at Gilhooley's in the city this evening. Anyone else in this exclusive little club of ours is welcome to come along.

3. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Paul and I should be there, although Paul will be coming from drinks at his work.

4. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I will be there around 4pm. The sooner people can join me the better. Getting pawed by a 70 yr old will not make my day :p

5. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Well I'm leaving work early so I might join you Loz. (At the Gabba, but who knows - I might even make it over by 4 if I'm quick.)

6. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I hope that you'll take his hands as grisly trophies and reminders, Loz :p

Given the storms have made me somewhat of a shut in (though all is fine in The Shire) I've checked the forecast for tonight and given there are no Apocalyptic Forecasts, I'll be joining you for drinks.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Link to the Game on exhibit

OPening Party on this Saturday night if you guys can't game, although it IS gonna storm tomorrow night. Probably good you aren't setting up a heap of electrical equipment in someone's garage.

Some of the Friday night things look cool 6-10pm each Friday whilst the exhibit is on is a differnt theme.

8. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm disturbed I'm tangentially associated with one of the "Wired Women". Heh.

Looks like fun, think I'll avoid the night time things though and just go during the day sometime.

In other news, who's up for Quantum of Solace on Sunday. I can make it after 3pm, and it's on at Southbank, and I can make it at 3.55, 6.30 and 9.05. Cheaper tickets there, but parking at Southbank with a movie has gone up to $5, so others may prefer Chermside Cinemas, where it's on at 4.20, 5.15, 6.00, 6.50, 7.45, 8.45 and 9.20.

I like 3.55 at Southbank or 4.20 at Chermside. Anyone else?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    420 at Chermside would suit better from here methinks..and there's a Gilhooleys there too :)

2 for drinks..?

10. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I won't get there til 3:30 probably. The Brisbane Doctor Who Fan Club is having a 45th Anniversary Celebration (of the show, not the club, it started in 1989 I think) tomorrow and I figured I might go along to reminisce.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

11. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Might end up seeing it tonight now actually. Not sure. If we decide to go tomorrow arvo, will post.

12. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Sounds like a bunch of fun times there - we were going to go to the GameOn thing tomorrow but it looks like we're shutting ourselves in for the day to clean tomorrow due to looming inspection of house. :oops: Have fun guys, what ever ends up happening.

13. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Well I seem to have bypassed yesterday evening by falling asleep and not awaking til this morning. So haven't seen Bond yet.

Planning on seing it this afternoon at Chermside. Either 420 or 515.

14. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Events as of 24 November 2008:

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Serious Business Dead: See this thread for discussion.

-- NaNoWriMo: From 1 - 30 November - refer to this thread for more discussion.

-- Coolum Getaway 2: Weekend of 28 - 30 November. Discuss here.

-- Christmas Eve: 24 December @ Morgs & Scoff's place. PM, txt, smoke signals for details.

-- QFF Christmas Shindiggery: Discuss here.

-- Christmas: 25 December.

-- Boxing Day (Insert movie here): 26 December.

-- Brisbane Supanova 2009: 3 - 5 April 2009 @ The RNA Showgrounds.

-- SERIOUS BUSINESS - HIGH STEAKS: Time and Date TBA. Please discuss the optimal dates for the pulverising of Serious Appetites.

SERIOUS BUSINESS: Because it's Serious. Go here for serious discussion.

The Globe movie doubles: Times and dates for various doubles will be posted here. Check back regularly. Movie doubles that have interest invested in them will be added to the main event list.

Suggested Events: For discussion of suggested events, marathons and other vague happenstances, please refer to this page.

Anything I've missed on this list? Let me know. [face_whistling]

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Christmas Shindiggery:

Sunday arvo, 21st December

- "Game on" Exhibit at the State Library, from 1pm ( surely we can get every geek in our gang to this part of it!!)
    - Swim/ food at Southbank at about 4pm
    - Someone's place at 6 for drinks and Xmas movie ( ours is on offer if no-one else says..ME ME!, although our place is small )

I like secret Santa too..can we do it..can we, can we?..and in the Happy Bob tradition of weird, useless things!?

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Totally meant to go to some of these last summer, but didn't. WILL this year.

Moonlight cinema is at New Farm park this summer. I'm gonna get a good picnic blanket, some of those sit up pillows or beach chairs and attend a couple!

Link won't work.

moonlight.com.au

17. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    hey folks, I know responses were tentative at best, but we're going to call off the xmas gathering this eve - hope you all have a nice evening though :)

18. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Dust off Nancy, time for another Christmas Miracle then :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

19. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Heading off to Chermside to see Quantum of Solace at 650 if anyone wanted to.

A bit too tired to have done a whole afternoon of movie watching, although did get 5 Dvd's for Christmas that need to be viewed..possibly later!

Happy Boxing Day! :)

20. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Hi all. Happy New year!!!

Considering a gathering of some sort on Sunday arvo/evening. Dinner, movie? Miss everyone and feel like starting the year with you as we missed New Years.

Thoughts?

Check in tomorrow..

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey all. In anticipation of the return of Battlestar Galactica in a fortnight's time for its final 10 episodes, it's been mooted that we should have a group viewing of the first half of season 4 this coming weekend. I'm so totally there, so who else is interested?

22. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I'd be there and my place would be up for offer if this goes ahead, and no better offer is made.

23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    You have aircon, a big TV and a DVD player that reads divx files. I call that a win. :D

24. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Love to. Saturday would be better for me.

25. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'll bring the webisodes.