main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Watering Hole: AKA Black Sheep Ready Room (OOC Thread for the Black Sheep RPG. All Welcome!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Vehn, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    No problem, X wing with no X......you lot are so mean..........but its fine...........you'll see .........

Sarge and darthbernael like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I wonder if the maintainers ever rebuilt the X-wing Kayn flew out of Hoth. Amber might get that one.

Vehn and darthbernael like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    She is not going to need another one................sheesh.

Sarge, Vehn and darthbernael like this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that. Whatever it takes to get you through the night. :p

darthbernael likes this.
  5. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    I could steal another X-Wing if she or someone breaks another, though it may require some payment of spotchka or moonshine...

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Wasn't that one the hangar queen that she crashed on the SonTay mission?

Moonshine?! I'll have you know that the hooch supplied to the Sheep is the highest quality, thanks to some negotiations with Intrepid's engineering crew.

Though the first part of the statement got me wondering... the Rebellion doesn't have access to all the fancy factory facilities that the Empire has, and the engineering is a bit higher quality. TIEs seem to be "build a lot really cheaply, don't worry too much about the durability," whereas the X-wings are pretty solid & can take a beating. Any factory Incom might have would absolutely be subject to Imp strikes. So where are they all coming from? During the Battle of Britain, Spitfires & Hurricanes were being churned out in barns and backyard garages, as I understand it, to meet demand. Is there something similar for the Rebellion?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    There's absolutely got to be. I mean what else could there be? You're absolutely right that the Empire would obliterate any known Incom factories churning out suspected Rebel fighters. Although, maybe someone could correct me, weren't all the Rebel cruisers, the heavy ones, Mon Calamari passenger liners that became warships? I think Mon Calamari was under Imperial occupation during this time frame so not sure how readily available replacement ships could be.

It's a big galaxy though....very big.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I can't be the only person who wonders about this. The industrial/economic realities of the Rebellion.

Sarge and Vehn like this.
  9. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Me too, me too.

Andor spoiler below.

Andor blatantly describes what Mon Mothma had to do to get funding for the nascent Rebel Alliance.

I've always wondered how a fractured resistance could form so quickly into what came to be and we've got some inkling of how that happened with Andor and Rogue One but their first major conflict with the Empire didn't come until Scarif.

Then there are the economic realities of funding a rebellion. A rebellion that probably up until Endor people with lots of credits doubted could win the long fight. Sure they destroyed the Death Star and scored a few other victories but really the Empire was absolutely monolithic in size and scope.

I don't know I could probably go down this rabbit hole of a conversation pretty deep with someone.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Funding is buried deep, but there might be a few among us who have the capabilities to instigate it. ;)

Mistress_Renata and Vehn like this.
  11. Sgt.Matt

May 12, 2018
    And I'll have you know as well that my guy can chug down the most toughest booze in this galactic rim, Zero Maderas would even drink the liquor meant for tanning rancor hides if dared to:cool: Just show him the shine and everyone will have a happy night together.

Also, sometimes I've seen some rebel cells or groups in Legends and in some parts of Disney canon to have remnants of old seperatist starships in their fleets. There has been stories or two where droid tri-fighters, Porax-38 starfighters, and solar sailers were used in a couple rebel fleets in their heyday.

12. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I know, I wish we were all closer. It could take up an entire thread.
    "Chug down?" *shudder* You'll get along well with Zara, but Max has higher standards when it comes to booze. Which is why she had some serious talks with the engineers to elevate the quality of the, um, output.
    Yes, I think there is a lot of scrounging going on. And the premise of "Rebels" makes sense...a lot of small, individual groups fighting in their own areas, gradually being drawn together into an Alliance of Rebel cells. And yet, torpedoes and fuel aren't cheap. There's got to be a lot of raiding going on, not to mention an entire arm of the Rebellion dedicated to begging for money. Although...

The Knights Templar were raided and brought down by Philip IV of France, who strongarmed the Pope into agreeing to let him disband the Order. The Templars acted like a commercial bank, and had (supposedly) millions stashed away, to finance the Crusades. Philip had huge debts with them, and this was a way of wiping the ledger clean. When his troops took the main praeceptory in Paris and opened up the treasury, it was empty. So what happened to the lost Templar treasure? There are lots of stories & legends. Personally, I suspect most of it was on paper, in the form of loans. But since the parallels to the Jedi seem so obvious to me, I do wonder what happened to the Jedi treasury? Even if they were still paying back the Geonosians for the Clone Army, there must have been a good chunk of change to maintain the Temple, train & feed everyone, buy and repair equipment. Could Yoda or Obi-Wan have done a digital transfer of the Temple funds before Palpatine could get his hands on it? [face_thinking] Would it be enough to bankroll a Rebellion, if a Senator was given the access codes?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Vehn and Sarge like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Concerning the origins of the X-wing, the old WEG sourcebook mentioned the Incom design team defected to the rebels, bringing along the prototypes and all the engineering data. Back in my tabletop RPG days, I GMed an adventure where the players instigated that. After they got away, they started raiding junkyards and abandoned factories for manufacturing equipment, and they found uninhabited planetoids to set up production lines.

Mitth_Fisto, Vehn and Mistress_Renata like this.
  14. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    They'd probably have to move the workshops around fairly frequently, to keep from getting caught. Set up, churn out a dozen or so, shut down and relocate elsewhere. Or, you'd need a starship that was permanently on the move.

Vehn likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe, maybe not. Space is big.

Vehn likes this.
  16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Just a friendly, or maybe not, reminder that the next Sheep update is on Tuesday next week. Get any outstanding posts in that matter before I move us along.

I know it’s that time of year, when isn’t it, when we are all busy with DRL so I will be benevolent and not kill anyone off who is unable to get a post in. There are plenty of other ways to keep those plots moving along.

Appreciate all of you for being there with me on this journey of a game. It won’t disappoint.

Well, it might just depends on what you have in mind. [face_laugh]

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    B Flight has a combo in progress. I'm sure we'll have it up well before Tuesday.

18. Sgt.Matt

May 12, 2018
    I may or may not have angered the Imperial bees nest in the B-Flight combo (Sorry guys....)

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I made it! Kinda. . .sorta. I post.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I've just gotten home from Melbourne having gone to a Metal concert...........I hope to get out joint post up tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Had a ball..........

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Afternoon of a Faun sort of rhymes with Sabaton. And that's about all those two musics have in common.

Is Wolf really that serene when she's blowing away TIEs?

22. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm picturing a slo-mo montage of Wolf blasting TIEs out of the sky...

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    It’s not that she is super calm she just is a bit euphorically happy right now. It has been months since she has been able to enjoy her ship and truly fly! Until somebody lands a hard hit on someone in her flight or yells at her to snap out of it she is really just gliding on a cloud mentally

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If this is true, maybe we can get jobs in the Israeli Air Force. The Sheep can plan better missions than Tom Cruise, way better! :cool:

25. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Those midterms got me too distracted [face_laugh] I am behind with the posts... again. Hope to at least post as Joy by the end of the week.

At least passed the toughest exam, but am having another one this Friday [face_beatup]