main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Watering Hole: AKA Black Sheep Ready Room (OOC Thread for the Black Sheep RPG. All Welcome!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Vehn, Jan 1, 2022.

1. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    I'd maybe change it to Baniss mentioning his wife, because Baniss messing with the simulators is too easy, that's every post!

2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    We'll have to include Chakk and Carols in a future iteration. "Someone plays with their pet."

Sarge, TheAdmiral and darthbernael like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I just know there is a rude offensive and inappropriate joke in there........ :p

4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Yesssss! And Baniss is going to be busy real soon……because this GM cares.

[face_skull][face_skull][face_skull][face_skull][face_skull][face_devil][face_devil][face_devil][face_devil][face_devil][face_nail_biting]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    B-wing maintenance in a nutshell. That thing's gotta be a hydraulic nightmare.

[​IMG]

Lucky we don't have tires.

[​IMG]

6. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Wait, I didn't realize B Wings were the Shi...ummm Chinnooks of the Rebellion.

7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_liarliar] Stop with the truths of what really goes on you two!

8. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    I never got to play Galaxy of Heroes, though I have played a few mods of
    I wonder what maintenance is like for A-Wings or Hammerhead Corvettes, what do you think?

Vehn and darthbernael like this.
  9. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Baniss is always busy, right now he's climbing over a TIE Defender trying to shoo of an Ugnaught in order to gather information eventhough he's pretty certain that one of the Sheep wants to cuddle with it.

That and he's had Maverick fly against an AI Goose [number redacted] times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    For A-wing background, I like the old WEG RPG sourcebooks. They said the A-wing is a fairly simple design without all the variable geometry wings like X and B-wings, which helps keep things easier for maintenance. However, it gets its high performance by pushing most of the components like engines and inertial compensators to their limits, so parts need to be replaced or overhauled often. It doesn't help that it's such a small design that everything has to be crammed into very tight spaces, so the A-wing needs more maintenance downtime than anything but the B-wing.

11. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    That bingo card is fantastic. I'm flattered that 2-1B33R would be at the center spot!

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    :eek:

I love that music!

Trieste, darthbernael and Vehn like this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Several have already been crossed off, I have my copy of the ones crossed, but I am NOT sharing!! :p

14. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    2-1B33R will be happy to point you to the suggestion box for all ideas on how to improve the bar. Never mind that it's short, cylindrical, and on the ground. It assures you all ideas are given the appropriate level of consideration.* :D

*As determined by management

Sarge, Vehn and darthbernael like this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Two words: open mike night.
    Okay, three words.

16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    @Sarge I'll get us started...

Sarge likes this.
  17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Just a friendly heads up about my schedule for the remainder of the year:

Yes, I'm that good I can predict these things that far out. Or I'm too much of a Type A. Or B. Or C. Or D.

[face_laugh]

**Disclaimer** Please read carefully or I might have to kick you from the game! :p

I am going to be making regular updates to the game from now until probably end of March/early April. Why? Well, because I am expecting my second child and real life takes priority over pretendy fun games. Darn it! I know! Another little Vehn will be amongst us soon. Muhahhahaha. My nearly seven year old son, however, has yet to truly follow in his father's footsteps which is fine with me because I so want him to be his own person :D

I should, and one never really knows, be able to keep us going with game updates throughout the spring and summer. In August the game will have to be coasting along while I journey with my family to the UK. I will be in northern England/Scotland from August 8th to the 29th barring any unforeseen ridiculousness and will have limited internet.

Beyond that things look good on my end and should be able to keep us regularly advancing. Appreciate all your patience, support, and hard work to keep this great game going. Again as I like to say a great game is only as fantastic as the people who play in it. Nevermind a super awesome GM. :emperor::emperor::emperor:

Alright, enough with the real life shenanigans. Carry on!

Tag: @Trieste; @Sarge; @Rebecca_Daniels; @adaml83; @Mistress_Renata; @darthbernael; @Sinrebirth; @Mira Grau; @Mitth_Fisto; @Adalia-Durron; @Sgt.Matt; @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    Trieste, Mitth_Fisto, adaml83 and 3 others like this.
  18. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Viking center in York! I'd put that on a must see. You'll keep us posted, @Vehn & if any of us need to take time away, we'll warn you as we always do (or try to do).

19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Mitth_Fisto and darthbernael like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ... Kayn was having SUCH a good day... [face_sigh]

Hey @Vehn, is this a good time to swap wingmates?

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

I am arriving in the UK on the 11th of August, touring the country for a couple weeks and staying in London for a few days......... Seems its the place to be! :eek: Planning to meet up with @Sinrebirth........ let me know if you are ...interested in meeting a real life Aussie :p ;)

As for the new arrival! Congrats, but as someone who has adult children, I send support to your lovely partner, as the first 18 years are the hardest :p

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Wait, I didn't tell you I'm swapping main characters? [face_mischief] You might get your wish either way...

23. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    At this rate, we've practically got more Intel agents than pilots! @Vehn, are you planning to make Intrepid the new HQ for Rebel Intelligence? Max is curious... ;)

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Permission denied. Get back to duty.

Hey, I like having more rank to pull. [face_devil]

@Vehn, does Intrepid have a JAG officer? If so, we've got a doozy of a case for them. If not, it will probably be more entertaining to have our own PCs stumble through the investigation and trial ourselves. Time for a rewatch of A Few Good Men, and maybe a few episodes of JAG?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  25. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    @Adalia-Durron totally would be fun. Have to look at where I'm at on the trip and see if that's feasible ;). @Mistress_Renata I'm not saying a peep. Ok, you got me. It's more that we've had a lot of intelligence interest and strange happenings.

@Sarge no you're stuck with your wingmate. Unless you really want out. Intrepid does not have a JAG officer, loved that show back in the day thank you for the reminder, and I think for the purposes of the update I'll be quiet on what comes next....

Speaking of update expect the next chapter to roll out Saturday or Sunday.