main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga THE WAY WE WERE ( Before The Force Awakens)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: G for everyone
    Time Frame: Before The Force Awakens
    Characters: Han Solo, one from Han Solo's past.

Han Solo stretched slightly and leaned back in the cantina’s shadowed booth seat, lifting the drink he’d ordered to his lips.

The place was much like the cantinas and clubs he’d visited over his adult lifetime;
    a galactic variety of beings enjoying their drinks, smokes and conversation in the
    dim lighting; music drifting over the haze.

Now and then he’d catch a glimpse of a young spacer as he/she/it entered the place.
    He could spot right off which ones would be the trouble makers, it takes one to know
    one…..they were overly self-assured, cocky, brash..new looking, not yet weathered by age or experiences….looking to make a name for themselves.. unafraid…no …not unwilling….to kill at the slightest offense.

Swirling the liquid around in his mouth, Han mused to himself that this establishment
    served the ‘good stuff’.

A hush fell over the room as an entity, dressed in old Mandalorian Armor, entered the cantina and moved, through the maze of tables, looking left and right, holding his weapon at the ready.

Beings whispered among themselves…others shrank back in their seats.. some openly
    watched…very curious…a tabled group began to quietly laugh. What was this ‘old one’ doing in the cantina. He looked like a being from another time.

Turning his head he spotted, through his visor, someone he knew.

Han Solo hadn’t missed a bit of what was transpiring in the room, and he placed his
    hand over his own weapon….a lifesaving, lifetime habit. He recognized this being….

The armored one, walked to Han’s booth…stopping….waiting…giving a nearly imperceptible nod.

Han noticed the dulled-by decades armor, the pockmarks in the metal and flaking
    rust on the scratches; more than people aged. Sensing no imminent danger the Corellian motioned a hand for the being to join him.

Lowering his weapon and sitting in the booth, the armored one motioned three
    fingers to a server.

Han took another relaxed-looking drink from his glass. “You still in the business?”

“No.” The armored one spoke…the Corellian hearing his voice for the first time.

“Have a seat and we’ll talk over old times.” Han said sarcastically. Age had not dimmed
    the Corellian’s dry wit.

The server brought the drink, which the armored one took and placed it on the
    table without taking a drink.

“You were my greatest conquest, Han Solo, the ‘prize bounty‘.”

Han gave a sneer. “You were the only one who ever caught me, you let me live.”

“I was paid handsomely for capturing and delivering you, alive. Jabba had some
    ideas of being ‘entertained’ by you. And, you were to be a deterrent to others who would
    dare to cross the Hutt." Light glimmered off the armored one’s visor as he spoke.

The Corellian gave a mocking, under-the-breath laugh and said. “Probably with my money.” He was remembering the dumped spice a lifetime ago along with the payment
    he was to receive.

“You still in your business?” Armor asked the same of Han.

“Just like always.”

The two looked at each other, both sharing a remarkable history with the other.

“Times have changed..the galaxy has changed…”The armored one said.
    “I’ve heard all you have done with the Rebellion in the past. There are no more like you, Solo.”

Han waved off that comment.

The armored one gathered his weapon and rose, picking up the drink and in a
    salute said; “Han Solo”.

The Corellian responded with his raised drink….. “Boba Fett.”

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very much in character encounter between two "old friends" [face_mischief]

3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I love the vibe between these two of, "Of course there's no hard feelings about that one thing that happened that one time, 'cause it's just the biz. So since you're not after my hide today, sit down and have a drink."

4. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Thank you for taking time to read THE WAY WE WERE...
    Always appreciate your comments. Lynda V.

5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Cowgirl, Appreciate you taking time to read THE WAY WE WERE..
    Like your comment very much. I wondered what a meeting between the two
    would be. Just my viewpoint. Lynda V.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I've always wanted Han and Fett to meet again at SOME point in time and this is definitely the way I'd imagine they would. Well done!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi gizkaspice, Thank you for taking time to read and comment.
    Glad you liked the way they met. Lynda V.

gizkaspice likes this.
  8. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I love this! Your descriptions are wonderful and so vivid; I can picture everything so clearly. And I agree with @gizkaspice, I can totally imagine this is how a future meeting between Han and Boba would go. It's so in-character for both of them! The ending, with the toast to each other, was just perfect. Fantastic work!

9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Amidala, Appreciate you taking time to read. Your comments are
    always encouraging. I enjoy writing the 'what if' parts.
    To me, time had passed and they 'saluted' each other
    for their expertise in what they did. Lynda V.

amidalachick likes this.