main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Weather Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    The old weather and Snow! threads appear to have made it into some deep level of locked threads, so here goes with v2.0.

It looks like the Front Range is due to get hit pretty good tonight. Blizzard conditions on the I-70 corridor and possibly Pueblo. Denver possibly 8+ inches and 30+ MPH gusts. Will we get a snow day? Or will it fizzle out and turn out to be much ado about nothing?

Is it time to do a snow dance? [face_devil] Or are you hoping for a shiney happy day?

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Last report I read on the net it looked like it was going to be a bad case of sleet, so who knows.

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I dont get those. The prison doesnt shut down on account of bad weather, just have to put it in 4x4 and hope for the best.

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    LOL, that's why I won't work in 24/7 operations anymore. Good luck!!!

5. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    It can snow all it wants as long as I make it to my morning
    class and back just fine.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Yay! I get to see how my car handles in the snow :D

7. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Course I am allowed to miss three days of class.
    I haven't missed one yet. So bring it on!
    Let me sleep!

8. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Only an inch or 2 on the ground in Golden...but she's coming down pretty steady. Should be an interesting drive to work.

9. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I've been to work for almost 2 hrs now, it was coming down pretty good up North when I left & nothing on I270/70 when I got on but by the time I got off it started up pretty good now there are all kinds of funny noises. I think the snow is falling off the trees & hitting the roof, nobody else is working today exept in AZ, I'm just maning the phones, this so sucks I can't even tell you how bad.
    I just want to go back home. :(

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm surprised you wnt in, Kim. Can't they forward the phones to someone's house?

We currently have about 2-4 inches of vrey wet, heavy snow in Lakewood. I shovelled the drive before the kids came out to go to school, and by the time I was done, it was already covered with a solid dusting. We didn't get hammered here, but it's still coming down heavy.

Now I'm sure it's a different story in P-town or C-Springs...

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Weeeeee! Snow!!!:D=D=

I hope it is still there, or even better yet, that it snows while I am out there this weekend. Guess I'd better pack the warm clothes.

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Well when I got up this morning (and I'm not a morning person AT ALL!) the tv wasn't working so I couldn't tell what the weather was doing, to dark to tell if it was snowing, didn't look like to much on the ground.

Jeff got up to check the dish, that didn't help the tv, by the time I got dressed my brain still wasn't in gear so I didn't think of calling Jesse to see if he wanted to drop off the phones, etc. I know my computer works faster then this piece of crap :D

13. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Why are you the only person working there today? Is it a snow day? Or are the rest of them just not coming in?

It's suppose to be almost 80 degrees out here today. :eek: I know this is sunny calif and all, but that at the end of Oct seems weird even for us.

Can't wait to see snow!!! [face_praying]

14. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Oh wow... on radar that storm looks purdy!

15. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    4x4?! Wuss... I had no choice but to go to work in the winter (sometimes in up to 8 inches of wet northeastern snow) before the plows even hit the road and I was driving a RWD '86 Cutlass Supreme with studded snow tires as the ONLY thing keeping me on the road.

I excelled at snow donuts. :cool:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I wonder how the Fenster and my car are doing... I know it's a Volvo, but I'm not driving it, and so I worry. Oh... and yeah, I'm concerned for Fen, too... 'cause if something happens to that car... [face_skull]

16. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    It's raining in P-town. I got a call from my co-worker about 5 minutes before I was about to head out the door saying that out where I work (20 miles outside of town to the east) it was snowing and sticking. I decided to work from home today. ;)

Good thing I was running late as usual. :D

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Dude, we did so much stuff in my buddy's 1986 Olds back in high school it's not even funny. The car wasn't white with a green top, was it? We had police chases right out of the Blues Brothers, and every day going to lunch was like a rod warrior scene in Mad Max. It's a miracle nobody died -- even when we used the Olds to push this one guy's Geo into a busy intersection.

Rest in peace, Matilda. Your hardened steel womb protected our fragile human bodies from the dangers of the world, and for that I am forever thankful.

18. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Ah, nothing like the remote vpn going down when you are trying to send emails...

Qwest is the suckage.

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Hm. We're gonna be out of parts soon. They aren't letting semis on the road...

20. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

Still snowing in Westminster. At least 6 inches up here.

Why do people drive 10 in a 45 when it's snowing and the roads are semi-plowed? And everybody around them is going at least 25. Isn't there such a thing as driving too slow? When people have to break and may not get good enough traction/momentum when driving behind grandma, it bugs the crap out of me.

Forecast for this weekend (AKA Mile High Con and WOTR): Highs in the Low 60s and Lows in the High 30s...does that make sense (it doesn't sound right). Snow will probably melt off in the next day or two leaving funkyness on the side of the road. There will be a 100% chance of people saying something about the wackiness of CO weather. Stay tuned for changing predictions at 10.

21. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    [face_love] Blues Brothers. My friend and I dressed up as them for the 25th anniversary IMAX re-release and had our pictures taken as the only two there... The Mistress and I, we had a good three years together. There was nary a bolt in its frame that I didn't touch at some point or another (because there were hardly any left!) mostly in repairs. What a Bucket. Bent the rear axle doing donuts (and fixed it, of course)... no police chases for me, though. [face_plain] Found out it could do 105 in a level run, though!

Good memories with that car, lots of 'em... Sad to let her go, but couldn't find a way to take her with me. She shrugged off damage like a Battlestar (I have proof of a dent she put in a car and didn't even yield but a scuff on the bumper) and managed to continue running with a valve in a cylinder and other things you'd be hard pressed to believe. I still swear by Olds, even with a Volvo.

But that's neither here nor there about the weather! /OT

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, there's at least a foot of snow outside of my house right now... My puppy dogs are luvin it. My dad is too... something about missing North Dakota weather. The guy's crazy. 8-}

23. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Ah, lights keep flickering and the cable connections is dropping in and out. Yay.

[face_plain]

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hehe... sorry, I shouldn't laugh :(

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Saying he's crazy is redundant... North Dakota did it for me ;) [face_devil]