main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Weather thread

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by FatBurt, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I can safely say that it is currently hot here in Manchester and i'm grateful that work have air conditioning (Sorry environment)

2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    It was bloody hot here yesterday, but today seems cooler. I don't think I've ever wished to be at work, but the air con (and the fact I've worked in freezers the last two weeks) is wonderful! I don't mind it hot, but I hate humidity!

3. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    its nice, but then again, I think the surface temperature of Mercury is 'comfortable'.
    Love the hot weather, not being bundled up in Layers, getting a bit of colour....

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sunny and hot in the London area as well. Forecast said there is a slight chance of a t-storm later in my area. Not holding my breath though! There is a bit of a breeze but it isn't really cooling anything off.
    From what I heard on the forecast last night it looks like tomorrow is supposed to be quite t-stormy in Southern England. Hopefully it will cool things off just a bit.

5. khabarakh23

khabarakh23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2005
    Could feel myself getting crispier just standing in cambridge at the weekend. Too hot to sleep under the duvet

6. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Can confirm Master-FatBurt's observation. Alas, do not have aircon, but got nice openable windows and a big ceiling fan :D

It's not exactly sunny - just humid and merky. Ooh, thunderstorm conditions!

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't know what it's like outside, it was pleasant this morning when I arrived at college. It's far too cold inside and I'm wearing a tshirt, a hoody and a thick outdoor shirt type coat type thing. [face_frustrated]

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's why I hate air conditioning. Invariably it is too cold for me. I have a fan moving the air around in my den here and I am fine.

9. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I love air con because I love being cold. It's easier to warm yourself up than cool yourself down.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I hate it when people say that. I'd like to see you trying to stay warm with just a tshirt and jumper in a freezing cold room. Right now I'm freezing cold and there's nothing I can do to stay warm, if it was too hot I could take off all but my tshrit and I'd be fine.

11. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I can't sleep in these conditions [face_frustrated]

Bring on the thunder.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's clouded over here but no thunder or rain yet. Looks like it is moving in from the south. The temperature has dropped a bit since the sun has gone under. Bring on the rain!

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    weather.com predicts rain where I live for the next few days, one of which will be 24 degrees C, hot and rainy is not a good combination.

14. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    QFT! Come on, people. This is brilliant weather! Admittedly, I'm not a fan of sleeping in the heat, but during the daytime, it's great. The hotter the better.

Besides, you lot don't know what you're talking about. When it gets to 40c, then call me. :)

15. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Just had a steaming hot shower and am currently sitting bare assed in front of my air conditioner unit.
    £170 well spent.

Too much info?
    Too hot to care.

Is iot against TOS to post nekkid?
    It's not like I am using my johnson to type or anything, although I may try that later.

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I feel sorry for my 3 cats, having to be wearing what is basically fur coats in this hot weather. The poor things just wander around in a daze.

17. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    birmingham:

interia - scorchio

exteria - scorchio

eth eth eth butros butros gali eth eth eth chris waddle eth scorchio.

18. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Our air Conditioning has packed in at work :mad:

My undercrackers can now be described as uncomfortably moist

19. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Its soo unbeleiveably hot here in Morecambe! Im sweating like a villain

20. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    LOL!!! :D

21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I like the heat. Make no mistake, but I hate humidity and high pressure.

22. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Home now and my kecks have hit a high level of humidity.

Off to Tesco now :(

23. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Its been so hot here today. Its clouded over just now and I think theres a storm brewing in the air! :eek:

24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Had thunderstorms here

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We had some clouds that looked promising but no t-storms or rain. And I know about cats and heat - mine has been mostly sleeping today. Right now there is some high cloud but that's about it. Maybe some rain tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.