main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    oh gosh. i mean, those are awful.

i was thinking more along the lines of "i can't ****ing stand X/Y/Z, but sometimes i'll go on youtube to watch this clip of them, because it was historic and/or slightly cool to see."

if those two still apply,

[​IMG]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Deep down, I can't lie that in 2014-19, it was helluva fun to watch Steph Curry keep hitting insane threes from deeper and deeper.

It's cheating, but it fits technically with how this is worded - The Chris Webber timeout.

This goal and similar from the Grannybagger

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Schilling's bloody sock.

Yeah... I don't know why, but I can still find it in myself to watch it on occasion.

Luke02 and heels1785 like this.
  5. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    The 2014 nfc championship game is my favorite Green Bay Packers memory. Probably not in the spirt of the question though.

Guess I’ll go with the Falcons inexplicably blowing a 25 point lead to Tom Brady.

ma_petite, Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The Giants beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl to ruin their perfect season.

Any of Derek Jeter or Mariano Rivera's highlights.

7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I never forget @Guidman when Laettner hit that shot. I was at the Bulls game that night with my dad and brother as my dad's customer took us (the guy bought season tickets to the Bulls right after they drafted MJ...no wonder why he is a millionaire many times over!). They played the Cavs that night and absolutely smoked them. I barely remember that game itself other then my dad laughing whenever Jordan took a jumper since to our vantage point (we were sitting about 10 rows up behind one of the baskets off to the side, fabulous seats) it look like he is shooting down and would still be in the air long after the Cavs were on the ground. But I never will forget the Duke-Kentucky game because people were literally leaving the Bulls game to watch it in the concord. There was a skybox behind us that we were trying to watch it from as well. When it over the PA system that Duke won by one in OT, you heard this huge "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" and the buzz in the crowd last for minutes. I swore even the players on the bench were talking about it. I might hate Christian Laettner (though I do respect him, dude was one of the best college players I ever seen and was a decent enough pro who actually have translated great to today's game) just like anyone with self respect should but if I ever meet the dude, I will tell him that story.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

It's a walk-off home run to win the pennant after all, to beat those Cardinals (who had knocked out the Dodgers in consecutive postseasons, of course), so...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Game 6, 2012 ECF.

Like when they say you remember where you were when JFK was shot, or 9/11. Dive bar in Queens, eating chicken fingers. Corner TV. Watched in horror as LeBron James on the Miami Heat finally figured it out, eviscerating Boston.

That one is kind of cheating, so also remember rooting against Kobe in the Magic Finals and leaping to my feet after a 3 at the top of the arc to yell "HE'S JUST TOO GOOD!"

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    This rebound and clutch three-pointer. I hated watching it (and I'll never forget where I was - at the Best Western in Colorado Springs. I had just started a new job, I was down in CO Springs to do onboarding and training, and I was in that crappy hotel room after eating some tacos at a surprisingly good restaurant, and couldn't a) be amazed at Allen hitting the shot b) be amazed at Bosh getting the board c) laugh at the Miami fans who left a Final's Game with their team still having a chance to win the title and d) be sad about the prayer I posted)

For my money, the second most clutch three-pointer in NBA Finals history.

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

”So pull up a chair...”

solojones, Juliet316 and Luke02 like this.
  12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Desean Jackson's punt return for sure.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Public Service Announcement

the Athletic is currently running an offer for new subscribers. First six months for $1/month. They have a full array of high quality journalists and that price point is insane, so I’m finally giving in and subscribing

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I subbed for a year but never had time to read those in depth articles.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Defector launched today too. I gave in b/c I'm a simp for reading about how my team sucks. If anyone wants to know how it is once I peruse it lmk

Point Given , dp4m and DarthIntegral like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    //slowly raises hand

Also, let me know if Magary is there and posting about ruining great food again, please.

17. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh he's def there lol, looks like many of the WYTS are already blown out

dp4m likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Do we have a “**** you, Skip Bayless” thread yet?

PCCViking and cubman987 like this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That used to be the ESPN thread before he left for FOX.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Some racy fast money answers featuring sports stars on Family Feud (no slang words, but kinda NSFW anyway):

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Juliet316 likes this.
  23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    His stupid comment can’t be blamed on mental health issues.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Hell
    of a day; hope there’s enough positive outcomes...

[​IMG] .

:p

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005