main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

And thus the dark ages commenced.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The Bartman play, always and forever, even after 2016.

3. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I could talk about 09 but I feel that would be too expected at this point, so ill go with the Blair Walsh shank in 16.

What makes it particularly bad is I called the shot. Was watching with my family at my uncles, when they lined up I said verbatim “he’s going to miss this.”, and then he did, and I was just left sitting there staring with a rueful half smirk on my face.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    A Top Ten List:

10) Brandon Knight game winning shot right after Jon Diebler tied it

9) Steve Clark in MLS Cup vs. Portland in the opening minute

8) David Justice game six homer off of Jim Poole in game six of the 1995 World Series

7) Wondo high vs. Belgium

6) Asamoah Gyan in the 93rd minute

5) Hedo Turkoglu's stupid smile during the 2009 ECF

4) Ted Ginn Jr. gets injured celebrating his KO TD in the National Title Game vs. Florida

3) The Shot

2) Rain Delay

1) Was their any doubt what would be here:

especially when followed by

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    inty, you have 10?

wait

inty, you only have 10?

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    no. I don't "only" have ten. I have a top ten list. And lots and lots and lots of honorable mentions

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The play where Alex Smith broke his leg in 2018. Not just for how gruesome it was, but also Washington was on top of the NFC East at that point, and everything changed in that one fateful play.

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I can't decide between Desean Jackson's walk-off punt return, Trey Junkin messing up the snap against the 49ers in the 2002 WC game, Carlos Beltran striking out looking to end the 2006 NLCS or Lucas Duda airmailing the throw home against the Royals in the 2015 WS game.

Honorable mentions, every time the Giants lost on a last second FG while I was watching in a bar with @LloydChristmas and @xblackout

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

Every major college football program
    Manchester United
    And Barstool Sports

Point Given and Darth McClain like this.
  11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh i missed the nightmare play question. it's this one.

but honorable mention to "the block". and klay coming down awkwardly in game 6 against the raptors.

worst fan base: dallas cowboys, lakers, yankees, the usual.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sparta Praha.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    boston anything, and duke basketball fans. also the flyers, gritty excluded.

14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Jeremy Hill fumbles. I try to block it out of my memory, so "nightmare" is particularly apropos. @mnjedi I was snowed in at the Detroit airport, my clothes in my bag still soaked from being at the game, when I watched the Walsh shank against our beloved former DC Zim. I was prepared to die in that airport, and of course if I was going to die from sport it would be in Fichigan.

Similarly, Carson Palmer ACL (and often forgotten in that play, Chris Henry injured as well) in 2006.

E5 on former Cardinal Scott Rolen, wastes a 1-hitter from Homer Bailey and begins the choke against the San Francisco Giants in 2012. I have never seen a Cincinnati team advance in the playoffs in my entire life.

Most recently (and Non-Cincy Division): Olave breaks the wrong way for a Justin Fields pick to end the game against Clemson. I watched them work perfectly in-sync every play last year, and the one time there was a mistake-- literally the one snap-- it had to be that.

NEAR NIGHTMARE: LeBron smacking his hand on the ground after the Almost Greatest Dunk Ever. I saw us missing the FTs, GSW hitting a 3, and then OT with no LeBron. I felt it in my bones. BUT MY BONES WERE INCORRECT.

Worst fans:

1. Steelers, @Guidman excepted
    2. Pats
    3. Yankees, none of you excepted

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    St. Louis Cardinals fans. Are. The. Worst.

16. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    ^ I want to co-sign this but I fraternize with exactly zero of them, as one should

heels1785 likes this.
  17. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Good, I'll wear my "worst fan" as badges of Honor.

Worst sports moment(s) for me was SuperBowl XXX, and He Who Shall not be Named throws a ball right into Larry Brown's breadbasket when the Steelers were driving to take the lead.
    1985 World Series, Don Denkinger, enough said.

18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

That still might be the unintentionally funny sign in history. I know every fan base has stereotypes they try to live up to (God knows Bears and Cubs fans do) but man do Cardinal fans really try hard to live up to their stereotype!

cubman987 likes this.
  19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

DarthIntegral likes this.
  20. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Hell, most Cardinals fans make fun of that "moran" too

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    There is still a huge blight on Eagles fans for cheering Michael Irvin's injury.

22. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I just remember the Eagles fan that stole a seat from US Bank Stadium after the Super Bowl in Minny. He somehow got it through both stadium security and the airport.

This was just a few weeks after the Eagles killed us in the NFC championship game too.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    heels1785 likes this.
  23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Would love to see that.

Point Given and DarthIntegral like this.
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't know how many of you subscribe to the Athletic, the Joe Posnanski is proving his greatness again with another series, with the first entry in the "top 100 baseball players that are not in Hall of Fame". You can get your first month for a buck, and this series is probably worth it alone.

(and if you're planning to play the baseball draft next season, there's a tremendous sleeper pick highlighted in that article) (but I didn't say that)

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You haven't even explained to me how to get OOTP to work, so like I'm gonna believe you on sleeper picks or good deals? :p