main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Wes Janson Fan Club 5...."Boom."

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by lexu, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    There wasn't one when I joined, all those years ago..........

2. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I come back after all these years, as I just learned, the original Wes Janson, Ian Liston, died a few years back. :( (How could I miss this!)

If anyone is aware of the cause, it would be greatly appreciated.

3. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  4. Corellia's Dream

Corellia's Dream Jedi Knight

Jun 30, 2018
    I met Ian Liston at an autograph event in 2014. He was charming, talkative, and delighted to meet fans. He'd read the X-wing novels and enjoyed how Wes was portrayed in them.
    I first asked him to sign a little, soft toy X-wing I have, which Denis Lawson has signed the year before. After that, I brought out a detailed model of a snowspeeder that I had built from a kit many years earlier and painted it to represent Wes and Wedge. Ian signed it underneath, where the largest flat surface was, and insisted on also signing it with a fine pen on a little flat plate right under the cockpit. He was so delighted with the model he insisted on his wife taking a photo of him holding it. (Denis also signed it in 2017).
    I then presented him with a book. I write westerns, and have what is now a series of four westerns about a sheriff and his three deputies, in Colorado of the 1880's. The four main characters are recognisable avatars of Wedge (the sheriff), Tycho, Wes and Hobbie. The characters have the surname of the actor who played them, so the Wes-character is called Sam Liston, after Ian Liston. I signed a copy of Silver Express for Ian and gave it to him. He was thrilled to have a character named after him, and gave me a free, signed photo in return, which I hadn't expected.
    All in all, I have very happy memories of our meeting.

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.