main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Grievous is basically a sack of organs in a metal suit (even mores than Anakin) so I don't think in his cyborg form he'd even be able to use the Force...

2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Is it possible that it was Palpatine that was causing Anakin to have the dreams of Padme dying instead of it being his visions of a possible future? Palpatine does seem to know exactly what Anakin is worried about happening and plays on it after all.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  3. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I think it’s heavily implied that Palpatine was doing just that.

WayoftheJedi likes this.
  4. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    What if, Revenge of the Sith had been an action comedy...?
    I'm sure you've all seen this, but it's worth posting again lol

AshiusX likes this.
  5. dg1995

dg1995 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 4, 2019
    What would happen if Mace Windu managed to kill Palpatine ?

Would Jedis establish the galactic empire to rule the galaxy? Or that blue guy(palpatine's friend) would have executed order 66 ?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  6. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    What if Obi-Wan faced Darth Sidious instead of Yoda?

Glitterstimm likes this.
  7. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    • If Mace were successful in killing Palpatine, they would probably have to declare themselves temporary rulers of the Republic while they worked out all the corruption and lies, then elect a new Chancellor and proceed.

• If Obi-Wan faced Darth Sidious? He’d be absolutely obliterated. Not even his quirky sass could save him. Indeed, Yoda, after finishing off Vader, would find Obi-Wan’s corpse lying on the ground of Palpatine’s office.

8. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I was just thinking about this! Obi-wan would almost certainly have been defeated, but Yoda would have probably killed Anakin/Vader and maybe rescued Padme too. Then she could have raised Luke and Leia in hiding and Yoda could have trained them to be the ultimate Jedi duo. I bet they could have eventually killed Palpatine, possibly with Yoda's help. It would have been awesome to see them fight together.

WayoftheJedi likes this.
  9. WayoftheJedi

WayoftheJedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2019
    Obi-Wan would have died doing harakiri stabbing both himself and the emperor!;)

Glitterstimm likes this.
  10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    This is interesting to think about. It's possible that Palpatine's loyalists might still be able to activate 66 after he was dead. We saw in TCW that sometimes the clones would get activated on accident, so it's possible they didn't need Palpatine to give the order. Maybe it wouldn't have been as effective, because Palpatine had been planning its execution to perfection, but it would probably still cause tremendous damage.

Furthermore, the CIS leadership on Mustafar would have survived and been able to carry on the war. With the Jedi and the clones at each other's throats, they might even have the upper hand.

However, if the Jedi were able to prevent 66, they would probably have been able to finish the CIS armies and find a political resolution to the conflict.

11. Vader fan 99

Vader fan 99 Jedi Knight star 1

May 6, 2019
    Here is an interesting thought experiment . what if the prequels were made before the originals?
    The prequels were limited in their current form because they had to end with the fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire, Anakin becoming Darth Vader, and the fall of the Jedi order. What if the prequels did not have to match up the originals what if they were not limited in this way ?
    An interesting thought experiment

christophero30 likes this.
  12. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Interesting indeed. We would not know that Anakin will fall, which would make it more shocking. Many things original to the OT would be original to the ST. The law of diminishing returns would be applied to the OT not the ST. Hearing the Imperial March, bounty hunters, asteroids, etc.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Vader fan 99 likes this.
  13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Abrams: "I have a thought about putting Han Solo's bones in the desert there."

14. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Padme: "There were whispers that you had been killed."

I wonder what kind of back stories there could be behind that.

Did Anakin do something like fake his death in order to an undergo an undercover mission, something akin to what Obi-Wan did in the Rako Hardeen arc?

15. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    I think the idea was that other people saw the Jedi Temple on fire, thought of Anakin, and wondered if he had been killed in the attack as surely he’d be on the front lines defending his own brethren. Padmé, naturally, overheard this.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    She says that when she meets Anakin in the senate building, after he rescued Palpatine. She hadn't seen Anakin for months due to the Outer Rim sieges.

DARTHLINK likes this.
  17. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Clearly I need to re-watch the movies. :p

18. lord_sidious_

lord_sidious_ Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 19, 2019
    What would happen if I put teddy bear stickers on Vader's helmet? Let's say I *somehow* manage to do it sneakily without him noticing at first, and he actually walks around with it. How would everyone react?

PCCViking likes this.
  19. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Fight the urge to laugh because they know Vader would kill them. Once someone had the courage to bring this up to him/he finds out its there...

Run.

lord_sidious_ and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    The Emperor's New Stickers.

lord_sidious_ likes this.
  21. lord_sidious_

Feb 19, 2019
    Yeah most people wouldn't dare say anything about it lol. Some exceptions though...
    Tarkin would probably politely inform Vader about it. He'd might say something like, "Lord Vader, I hope you don't mind me asking, but was it your intention to decorate your helmet?"
    Sidious... I'm not sure what he would say, but he definitely wouldn't be happy. He'd order Vader to remove them all immediately. And if Vader can't get them all off in like, two seconds, I wouldn't be surprised if Sidious makes him take off his helmet. Poor Vader would be suffocating as he frantically removes them as fast as he can so that he can put his helmet back on.
    How would the Rebels respond? Would Leia mock him for it? How about Luke? Han? Obi Wan? 3PO? R2?

22. lord_sidious_

Feb 19, 2019
    Hey I came up with a little scene involving stickers. Let's say Padme survives childbirth and goes into hiding with the kids. A couple years later, Sidious dies unexpectedly. Shortly after, Vader discovers that Padme is alive and her location, so he abandons the Empire to go live with her and the kids. Here's a scene in their everyday life:
    [​IMG]

Doompup and PCCViking like this.