main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The White Eyed One (FURY SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Niathal = Darth Kraken? It would be interesting if she kills Jacen in Invincible and reveals herself as a Sith, it would explain a lot....[face_thinking]

On the topic of "White-Eyes", I assume he's:
    A. Arkanian
    B. Blind
    C. Using some sort of illusion or projection technique

Presumbly he's one of the pre-One Sith Sith/dark side cultists who serves Krayt while he's in stasis.

2. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    I wish White Eyes wasn't referred to as a "him." It ruined the chance for LOTF to shoehorn another character into the series.

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Arkanian's look human, and since the POV character there was non-human, it could be understandable that she made a mistake in determining his species.

I thought Kreia had opaqued eyes due to blindness rather than WHITE eyes....

4. KnightDawg

KnightDawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2007

=D= =D=

Good job!!! You get all the credit when this is found out. I 1000000000000000% agree with you. There is no doubt in my mind that "White Eyes" is in fact, Blackhole.

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Prehaps the identity of "White Eye's" will never be revealed....Or prehaps it will be revealed around the same time Ben tells Luke he saw Jacen and Lumiya working together.......in other words, NEVER!

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This is an excellent theory, really.

I wonder if there will even be something tying Blackhole to Lord Shadowspawn in the upcoming Stover novel, just to make Blackhole THAT MUCH MORE involved with everything...

7. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Is this actually true? I thought EL said that Nyax killed this guy.

8. Lord-DarthMerrick

Lord-DarthMerrick Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    The bigger question...white eyes was taking his orders from a woman! could she be Calista? Luke takes down one pissed off ex g/f and now he has another angry stalker ex hiding in the shadows, commanding Krayt's army. Plus wasn't she a jedi in the order she would remember Hett. [face_dancing]

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Do you mean the "raspy voiced woman"? I was kind of hoping she was Ventress.

I have my fears a lot of this stuff may be left vague until somebody decides to expand on it in depth. If they go "Its Blackhole!" it seals Blackholes fate. If they just leave it vague we can all go on thinking "Its obviously Blackhole!" but if someone pitches a better idea in the future it leaves their options open to change it.

Personally I'm of the view Krayt probably went around recruiting every known darksider he could think of. He tried Lumiya and had Lomi and Welk, so I figure he probably tried every Shadow Academy member, Inquisitor, Prophet, Dark Jedi, Emperor's Hand, etc. he had in his phone book. But, until they actually want to expand and make a story about any given individual, I can see them leaving it vague.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    EarthKnight and BlaXXer: Anakin Solo? Mayor of Sernpidel? Well, my second theory was that White Eyes was the Darth Krayt from all Legacy issues up until #15, until A'Sharred usurped his identity...

Zorrixor: You've brought up one of the major weaknesses to this theory. If Shadows of Mindor has Blackhole in it (which seems more than likely), he probably won't be in LOTF. Unless, as dp4m suggests, LucasLicensing has some sort of secret agenda going on, and the two stories are related.

Erasmus:
    Come now, where's the fun in that? :p But to be serious, he probably is just some new dude. I'm just suspicious of this White Eyes fellow because he's been in two novels now and neither one gave him a name, while most of his other Sith brethren did.

Jedi-Sith and Thrawn McEwok:
    Neither Inferno nor Fury specifically stated he was "human," but his description in Fury strongly suggested he was human (as well as blind). Nevertheless, it's definitely possible he's an Arkanian or Rindaoan (the latter of which I didn't realize had been given a name...)

As a side note, if he is Blackhole and he is blind, there's some literary irony there. His ability to see the future is supposedly unmatched, and yet he's blind. Might even make sense why he used to hang out with Jerec.

Sephy: Fantastic theory. And does this then make San another son of Plagueis? Anakin's brother? Luke and Leia's uncle? :p

Jango Fettish: Would Asajj with a sex change work for you?

KnightDawg: Heh... thanks dude!

Robimus: No... that's not true! That's impossible! Then he'll be just like all those other Mysterious SW Men with no names/faces (SA, Revan, Nihilus, Demagol, Exile, the Bpffsh Jedi, Tumble Bunny Trainer, Atha Prime, Shadowspawn... oh wait, those last two might end up being Blackhole anyway...)

Catherine: There's an odd story behind that. In EL, Luke's group investigating the Nyax situation initially say Nyax's creator most likely died. Later, Arnjak says Nyax wounded the Dark Jedi, but the latter escaped. Abel Pena later retconned the Dark Jedi into Blackhole, but made no comment about whether he lived or died.

EDIT: Zorrixor, Ventress?!? Now that's interesting. And makes sense. :eek:

11. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    I remember specifically it saying he was a human, not describing futures that were human like, but specifically calling him human.

I remember thinking at the time, oh well there scratches the Darth Wyyrlok I theory...

I like the theory of Asajj being the raspy voiced women too... makes sense that she would join up with the Sith once they came back in number.

and while we're on the topic, I wonder if Aurra Sing has secretly joined the Sith by this stage?

The great thing about this new Sith Order is we can tie up all the loose ends of Dark Jedi that have disappeared over the years and throw them into the Sith Order. Realistically the new Sith Order would have gone looking for these Dark Jedi to indoctrinate after forming. Like they did with Lumiya.

12. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Hmm...if that is Ventress, I wonder what happened to Alpha?

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Raspy voiced woman = Ventress = Cool.

Though I must say I was rather hoping that Vader would have killed her....

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Kreia's eyes were pure black when she was a Sith Lord. The whole "white eyes" was after she was stripped of her power and exiled.

15. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    You know what would be a real twist. If you find out Caedus has been working with these Sith since day 1. That all this was just a plan to divide the galaxy and destroy the Alliance. What better way to destroy the GA than to have them all fight against each other.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I've been crossing my fingers that the reason Jacen has been so kooky since DN was because he was abducted by a group of Dark Siders during his 5 year study-abroad, but just doesn't remember (mind wipe, maybe?). It's possible these Sith were the cause.

17. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Considering how closely we've been following his narrative from his point of view, it'd be rather odd if this was true.

18. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Lord Cronal could be an Arkanian.

Bariss... we are so on the same page about this guy it aint funny.

his dabbling in sith alchemy, bioengineering (gorc pic and maw?), creating supersoldiers (blackhole troopers and possibly dark trooper variants), his war propheteering (i had too, sorry), his tenures on byss and dromund kass, he was head of an intelligence agency for a while, what am i leaving out?.

my speculations: because he was assisting palps with jumping into clone bodies, he can do it, too. he was also tooling around with cybernetics given his tastes.

19. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    I may be wrong, but I think Shadowspawn has been labeled "kaput". That and the fact that I'm hoping, absolutely in vain, that Stover will make Shadowspawn Atha Prime, in accordance with Abel's past (unpublished) attempts.

Hell, maybe they're all the same guy! And still White Eyes! Four characters consolidated into one! 8-}

20. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    BREAKING NEWS: A new retcon implemented by LFL now clarifies relationships of characters in the SW universe so that it becomes clear that all characters we see are just schizophrenic personas of one single being. Officials now state the series to deal with the theme of fractured personality in a modernized environment.

I find it funny that after spending 15 years with SW novels, comics, stories and articles, that I still managed to never read anything about this character in the first place. I read a bit on Wookieepedia after the character was tied to the new Stover novel, but I actually can't think of anything I consumed in those 15 years that would need the inclusion of a mastermind guy I don't know at all.

21. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    I love this idea.

I also seem to remember Fury explicitly stating, from Dician's point of view, that White Eyes was a human.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No, no, no... you misunderstand. I know that the Shadowspawn = Blackhole bit is dead but nothing says that Blackhole wasn't somehow tied in with or influencing Shadowspawn. That's more what I meant.

23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Have the two being the same been ruled out IU or is it just something LFL have said isn't going to happen? If its the latter... I wouldn't necessarily put it past them to decide to change their minds just kill two birds with one stone in the most literal sense.

That said, while I like the idea of them being the same, I have nothing against adding more active darksiders into the mix. If it means more stories that are actually going to get written then two is better than one.

24. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Well considering how closely they made the 2 look when the theory was they were the same...I think we should at least have some tight connection between them.

Something to explain why they both wear the silly spear-shaped hat would be a good start.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Believe it's not really possible (well, highly statistically improbable rather than outright impossible) given the diverging characterizations at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.