main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Widow Skywalker-- (post ROTJ AU staring Luke & Padme) Author's Note, 5/24/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Meredith_B_Mallory, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith_B_Mallory

Meredith_B_Mallory Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2001
    Hello all! Thanks for bothering to take a look at my dinky new thread. I seem to have accumulated a lot of them. :eek: ;) Oh.. dear...

Now, since my darling muse Carol is currently AWOL-- probably drunk n Las Vegas, drooling over an Elvis impersonator-- I've dredged this up from my hard drive in an attempt to get myself jump started. I only have a vague idea of where this is going-- so feedback is very welcome!

-Meredith

Feedback Song: [happy birthday]
    Please give feedback to me,
    Please give feedback too me,
    Come on, give me some feedback,
    Please give feedback to me

... eeh.. that wasn't my best. *sheepish*

Anyway!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The Widow Skywalker
    by Meredith Bronwen Mallory
    mallorys-girl@cinci.rr.com
    http://www.demando.net
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"... and no Ma'am, I'm sorry, but we seem to be out. I understand completely, yes, but I still can't help you. If you can wait a week, Widow Skywalker may bring some to town with her."

There was every chance he'd misheard it, Luke rationalized. It had only been a disembodied voice, after all, heard through the din of the market place. The young man cursed inwardly; those words, so surreal and out of place, had thrust him forcably into uncertainty. He had paused there, in the middle of the market, his heart, lungs-- indeed, the whole of him-- stilled. There awakened then old dreams, the dreams of a child without mother or father, longing for answers more detailed than the ones given by his aunt and uncle. Insanely, he'd wondered whether or not he'd stepped into one of those dreams. It was wishful enough, the idea of finding his mother by mere chance. By the time he managed to process the words, the scope of that sentence, he was unable to locate their speaker.
    Was he only to have a glimpse, and then be turned away?

The Jedi, the only Jedi, paced back and forth restlessly in his hotel room. Coming to the wall, he turned went back the way he came, until he met with the other end of the room. So much for calm, he though dispairagingly. He tried, without success, to employ the Jedi calming technique, but each time it was shattered by the fragments of thoughts he hadn't allowed to form. Images tried to crystalize, built on those slight moments of rememberance that would sometimes strike his sister. Six times since the Battle of Endor, she had come to him-- sometimes in the middle of the night-- her eyes alive with something she'd thought lost.
    "I remembered something," she'd say, and he would open the door to let her in. Never once did he prompt her or ask her what she meant. There were times she would sit on his couch for perhaps a full ten minutes before she could even begin to articulate what she'd discovered. In the end, her words for it were as simple and unexpected as the way she remembered in the first place.
    Eating lamplight fruit for what she thought was the first time, Leia remembered another occassion. "The tree was so tall, and Mother held me up to reach them," she said, swallowing as if she could still taste it.
    Then, in the market place, she'd seen a woman with a gold circlet in her hair. "Mother wore her hair like that sometimes. It was a dark brown and long-- it went down past her knees. I used to play with the end of her braids." This was said softly, and Luke could see in her face a type of wonder, as if Leia couldn't quite believe it herself.

Other times they were simply images, and Leia would wait while he brought something from the kitchen. Then they would sit together, on the couch, and their hands (even his mechanical one) would reach out and hold tightly. As vocal as Leia was concerning her unwillingness to train, those where the times she reached out through the Force. "I want you to see," she'd said, turning away her candid brown eyes, "and I couldn't bring it across right unless I show you this way." And she would share the images, so that he too might own them, though it broke his heart that he'd never had them in the first place.

Luke

2. Aprilise

Aprilise Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    This is a good story. Poor Luke I really feel sorry for him. I hope you continue it.

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I. Am. Hooked.

More more more!!!

Leia is so stubborn...*snort*. ::holds on to Lukie::

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I am also hooked. :)

:D

5. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Whee! Two posts in one day! I am enriched...

As always your imagery is superb. You really brought across that the lack of memory can be more than haunting, too.

More, please? Soon?

6. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    A Lukie/Padmé? Just what I need right now! :D I loved the way Luke described his relationship with Leia, and how he sees her conflict. Awesome beginning, I hope to see more soon!

*SB*

7. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    Aprilise- Thanks for the feedback! :D I'm glad you like my Luke.

Emilie- *grins* Leia is stubborn, isn't she? I'm so glad you're interested.

Jedi_Liz- :D Yeah!

Chaos_Rose- I'm glad the memories came across right-- I was worried about that.

SB- Yeah, you're here too! :D ;)

Now... we need LIFT!
    -Meredith

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, I've GOT to have MOOOOOOOOORRRRREEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Dana

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    LIFT, LIFT!!!!

:):)

*levitates thread*

I'd ask you for more, but there's a little green man with a big stick chasing me down...

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    And please, call me Emmi. ;)

11. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *takes the bait* Okay, you got me. When's this next post? ;)

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Beautiful writing. You do have a way with imaginary. Luke seemed so real.

13. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    *rocking back and forth, tapping fingers together like Montgomery Burns, chanting madly like Golom in LOTR* More, more, more more, more, more . . . :)

Seriously, though, stories about Luke and Leia meeting their mother have always intrigued me.

Dana

14. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
  15. GhostsBeautifulSong

GhostsBeautifulSong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
  16. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    This is a very interesting story. Keep up the good work and I hope you continue the story.

17. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Of course I am hooked. It has Luke and his mom in the title. Will you be continuing "Our Lady of Sigh's?" I hope.

18. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    you have me hooked :)

begin an annoying chant. more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more

19. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    *speechless*

inez

20. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    I like. Please continue.

21. Meredith_B_Mallory

Oct 6, 2001
    DantanaSkywalker- I'm glad you like it! I hope to provide more soon.

Emmi- Thanks for the lift!

Darth_Fruitcake- *reels her master in on the fishing line.* ;) The next post...? I dunno... [face_devil] ;)

RebelMom- Thanks so much! I'm always uncertain when writing Luke.

Princess_Laura- :D

GhostsBeautifulSong- You have such a pretty screen name!

Mertroid- Thanks so much. [face_grn]

Jedi_Falcon- That chant... [face_blush] Thanks.

inez_the_swampgirl- *shakes Inez's hand* Welcome to the thread!

Enigma_X- Glad you like it!

-Meredith

22. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    This is excellent! I love the way the old memories are triggered in Leia! And that Luke & Leia are united by the memory of their mother, and divided by that of their father. More, please!

23. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    Fascinating start! I'll be hanging around for more :)

24. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Hey there! I just stumbled in here. I like this a lot - great start! .... poor Luke! :( hope he'll get to make some new memories soon! :D

~Baroness

25. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    This is positively FABULOUS!!! Definately count me in for the ride. Im an absolute sucker for stories about *The Family* ( ;) ), so it comes as no surprise..........newayz, really a beautiful post. MORE SOON!

::Windstar Out::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.