main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The Wild, the Innocent & the Schedule Shuffle: E3 2017

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ramza, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    People who have played Sunset Overdrive have been talking up Insomniac's ability to make open world traverse work well, so there's that, but it's hard to get excited for a game that looks so much like it'll live or die by how well it plays. It's 100% going to come down to reviews for me as I long ago lost any automatic fondness for a licensed Spider-Man game.

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Has anybody been watching the live stream content other than the press conferences earlier this week?

I'm not even much of a gamer, been wanting to get into it, just haven't the found the time to, but still, for some reason every time E3 comes around I am just glued to it as much as I can be. Maybe it's just the convention atmosphere that I like about it. The E3 Coliseum panel discussion room this year is something out of a more traditional Con that they didn't have before in years past. They just wrapped up a Mortal Kombat 25th Anniversary panel with Ed Boon.

I even thought about buying a pass this year, being that it's the first year it was open to the public, but with work and only having a few hours each day to be there, and knowing that I would just be walking around watching other people play video games and only half knowledgeable of all that is happening and being promoted, I figured it wasn't worth it. If they had sold day passes I would have bought one, but it was a three day pass at about $300 I think.

3. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I'm excited for Spider-Man after that gameplay trailer. I was extolling the virtues of Spider-Man 2 to my wife and saying this looks close, AND the *best*-looking Spidey game I've ever seen. So pretty.

I was intrigued by Skull & Bones but it seems to be all naval combat. Cool for those who are into it, but I want my pirate game to involve going ashore and actually finding treasure...if only there was something at E3 that promised that...