main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "will George Lucas be at C3?" wagering thread! (Lucas Confirmed To Attend)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Siths_Revenge, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    :eek: "reopening advance ticket sales"...please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is for the 4-day passes they are talking about, right? It isn't for actual tickets just to see GL? I'm freaking out here!

2. Darth_Madness

Darth_Madness Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    I was one of the people complaining about the lack of big names coming to the show but now with this announcement I take everything back. This just made the show for me. I'm not counting on Mr Lucas doing more than one panel but it would be great if he does because of the crowds. I missed getting Carrie Fisher's autograph last time becuase of how bad her line was but I will wait forever to try and get into this panel.

3. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I wished I had the time and money for a clean stormtrooper outfit and joined my local Las Vegas 501st Garrison for this JOIN ME!
    Lucas was at ShoWest last month here in Vegas to promote EpIII, accept a technical award and received a 501st honorary plaque. They all got to meet him and even saw the first 10 minutes of footage.
    It was Lucas who wanted to go backstage and meet up with the lucky 501st guys after the gig was over. :)

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    *dies*

Hopefully he'll do the same thing with the volunteers there. :)

5. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Do you think it will be possible to get our Jorg Sacul figures autographed?

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I hope so. I have 2 ready to go. :)

I hope that everyone that wants to see him get a chance. This could be a disaster just waiting to happin.

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    wow

Not in a million years, nor million betting dollars would I had thought this would be true....too bad it wasn't posted on April 1st [face_laugh]

8. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Holy crap. I will beg, borrow, and steal to get in on this. If anyone knows of some super secret way to get in, please let me know.

9. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    So...am I the only one who couldn't sleep a wink last night?

I'm just lying there repeating over and over in my head the million questions I want to ask and trying to figure out a way to get into this panel without getting in line right now.

The stampede to get into the presentation will be crazy, but potentially worse will be the rush to the mic when they announce they're taking questions. CHARGE!!!!!

10. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure somebody is going to die.

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, I am so surprised that he is coming. I really didn't expect this!

My biggest hope is that GenCon comes up with some civilized way of controling the line for this. And that George does multiple panels.
    The fact that they have re-opened registration for passes in light of his appearance seems like they are saying, "Hey, George is coming so if you want to see him, buy a pass!" Except they leave out the part that way more people have already bought passes than can fit into the Sagamore Ballroom.

12. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    this'll be fun :D

13. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Hopefully he will be there twice and they can do it twice. This way, atleast everyone will get to see it once if they want to.

14. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm thinking that pretty much the only way GenCon could set this up in a reasonable and sane way that will make everybody happy is to have Lucas do his presentation in the football dome. That way, everyone fits in, everyone is happy, and George only has to stay for one presentation.

(They even have big jumb-o-tron screens in there in case there is a video presentation. :D )

15. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    That would be the ideal way to do it.

16. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Never know, they might look into that.

17. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I hope so or there will be geek on geek violence to get into the ballroom.

18. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm betting he will do his panels on Friday. Less crowds than Sat and Sun. More managable by GenCon.

19. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    the Ballroom can only hold 3500 people.

(again, wish they would have gotten the dome.. how hard woudl it be to get it for the night of opening ceramonies and the lucas thing.. get everyone in and get it done.)

20. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I bet he will have 2-3 presentations, but maybe all just on one day.

21. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Still, three presentations in the Sagamore Ballroom is just 10,500 people.

There were over 35,000 people at Celebration II, and I sure there will be even more this time.

The fact is, not everyone will get to see him. :(

22. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    No they wont, but not everyone got to see Carrie last time either.

23. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Yeah well Carrie isn't George Lucas. George is THE man in many people's eyes. Just imagine how it can be worse than CII as far as the Carrie line..and then x10 it! That's what you should expect will be the result if fans don't get to see George that want to.

According to an email I received by GenCon they are still waiting to hear from LucasFilms..

"We do not have any information on George's schedule. Lucasfilm is working on that and will only release it to us when they have it finalized."

That was from Lindsay Ohman. So it's LucasFilms we should be pleading with to get the Dome in service for this event. Anyone have their email addy so we can voice our concerns?

Keith

24. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure somebody is going to die.

[face_laugh]

[face_devil]

25. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Keith,

I emailed off some suggestions to Lucasfilm this morning. Not that I know what to do, but just relaying some of our thoughts here. If I hear anything back I'll post it here but I doubt I will - they're likely swamped with email after this announcement.

They really will need to do something - wristbands, tickets, presale/registration, charge money and rent the dome, or have a lottery...something.

If not I can see a Lucas panel line starting Thursday as soon as the convention opens - regardless of when it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.