main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends The Will of the Force (Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Challenge, Episode VII **Speculation**)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by taramidala, May 6, 2014.

1. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Everything belongs to Lucasfilm Ltd. and the Disney Corporation.

The SJRS Challenge Requirements were the following: Write Luke’s opening scene in EP 7 (note that it does take place in 34 ABY). Include an opening crawl of some sort giving some context. And seeing that this IS the Skywalker-JADE Revival Society, include our favorite red headed female.

Author's Note: All typo's are mine, and please feel free to point them out. And if you come up with a better title, I'm open to suggestions as well. :p

SPECULATION/SPOILER WARNING:I have made speculations regarding the characters to be played by Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and Domhnall Gleeson. You are hereby warned. (Mods: please tell me if I need to add more to this warning. Thanks!)

The Will of the Force

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…

The calm before the storm is over.

Peace has reigned for thirty-five years after the fall of the Galactic Empire. The New Republic, led by Chancellor Leia Organa Solo, holds firm.

Rogue Imperial agents have lurked on the fringes of the galaxy, biding their time to strike. Now, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker rushes back to the Jedi Temple on the planet Ossus, where the Dark Side has struck once more...

Thick black smoke falls around the outside of the small shuttle, concealing the view before them. Their approach is palpable and steady as the repulsors kick in beneath the ship’s hull. The gentle thud of the landing gear alerts them to their journey’s end.

Three pair of eyes peer through the cockpit window. In the Force, they feel as one, their natural abilities finely-tuned to the chaos outside.

Southwest quadrant, they think as one. Let’s go.

The screams inside the smoldering temple are deafening, but their bond holds strong. Lightsabers lit, blues and green, they storm through the throng of strangers who’ve left terror in their wake. Fear floods them from dozens of minds, including their own.

Calm, he calls to them. But there are too many, so he focuses on those closest. The girl, his girl, with her mother’s fire and heart and grandmother’s coloring. The boy, his apprentice, tempered ferocity behind his dark eyes.

They are Jedi, and they join the others in the fight. The intruders are well-armed and powerful, but with New Republic forces soon behind them, all they need is a little more time.

Further and further into the Temple they go. The throng thins out to the sounds of blaster fire and the clash of ‘sabers, enemies falling all the way. He casts a moment of attention towards the children - because they are indeed, still so young - and feels their control, and calm, and is proud. Even amongst this chaos, he knows the Order will survive.

He turns a corner and catches a flash of red and gold and gray. His wife, his son, surrounded by another wave of enemies. The underlings are easily dispatched, but the leader, a giant of an old man, weathered and scarred by the ages, holds firm.

They are three against one, then, as he moves to join the fray. But he is not as quick as he once was and he missteps. When the old brute crashes a pillar down upon him and his boy, his Ben, and renders them immobile, he is helpless to watch as his wife is left to face down the enemy alone.

She’s never more beautiful than when she’s staring darkness down, sweaty and bloodied and strong, with red-gold hair falling from its braid, curling around her face in wayward strands. She’s faced darkness before, countless times. Her tempered strength and untamed passion in the face of adversity is what made him love her in the first place, and for all their years. She kicks out at his midsection with the blade of her foot and severs his electrostaff as he stumbles.

Even as he swells with pride at her, a wave of pain hits him at the waist, where the marble has pinned and crushed his legs. A deep breath suppresses it, and he can see his son starting to wriggle free in the corner of his eye.

Arik! Ellora! Now would be a good time, he calls to the others. He prays they are near.

Another wave of pain hits, but this time it is hers, flaring across their Bond. He can taste what she tastes: bitter, copper blood; he can see what she sees: dull, gray blindness; and feel what she feels: searing pain of broken bones, torn muscles.

She stumbles back from the Man and meets his eyes. She smiles, and charges at the enemy’s legs. She tries to pin him but he rears back and they tumble, and somewhere along the way her lightsaber falls away…

Into the hands of their enemy. The signature snap-hiss punctuates the tense silence as the weapon lolls back and forth in his hand. He stalks slowly to his prey, a predatory and gleeful gleam in his eye. A test swing stops just centimeters from her neck, at which Ben cries out.

Peace, Ben, he hears her say. I’m not afraid.

At last, the enemy speaks. “You have no idea how long I’ve waited for this day, Emperor’s Hand. And now, like the rest of the Jedi, you will die.”

She crawls up from her knees; he winces at her grimace that, for Ben’s sake, he knows she’s trying to hide. “I may, but the Jedi will survive,” she spits. “My husband will see to that.”

The Man grins and tosses her lightsaber away. “He shall try,” he says. With a flourish, he calls a new weapon to his hands. A double hiss of a blood-red blade echoes in the room as it emerges from under his cape. She stumbles back and screams. From his prone position he can see that she’s trying to distract the Man from where Ben has crawled out.

Too late. The Man sends Ben flying back to the wall with a wave of his hand. The boy crumples to the floor with a groan.

It is now, he thinks, that perhaps ‘playing dead’ might be a good idea.

But not before a last look at his love.

Don’t worry about me, Farmboy, she says. I’ll be waiting.

You’d better, Jade, he says. I love you, Mara.

I love you.

He closes his eyes. He doesn’t need to see this.

“And now,” the Man snarls. “The Emperor’s Justice will be done. I sentence you, Mara Jade, to death.”

The blades pierce her once. Twice. A third time.

He hears her fall. And his daughter’s cry.

“MOMMY!”

The Man escapes, moments after the murder. The arrival of Ellora and Arik would not have stopped him.

Now free from the crushing weight of stone, he holds his wife’s body in his arms one final time, surrounded by their children as the last echoes of battle fade out in the distance.

The Ossus Temple is destroyed.

His wife is dead.

Later, he will meditate on the Will of the Force. For his wife to die, for his children to live.

For the Jedi and the Skywalkers to be tested once more.

One thing he knows for certain.

They will survive.

And they will fight the Man another day.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    If this is the opening scene I will DIE. Or pee my pants. Or both. hahahahahaahaha

Ellora crying "Mommy!" when Mara falls made me tear up and I'm not joking. That's gut-wrenching. I love the idea of Skywalker son AND daughter. And I love this line: Three pair of eyes peer through the cockpit window. In the Force, they feel as one, their natural abilities finely-tuned to the chaos outside. I really want to see how GOOD the Jedi can be in Ep VII. Just like this. I love the title. I love it all. Great response to the challenge, lady!!!! ^:)^

Revanfan1 and taramidala like this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Feb 25, 2010
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Great writing, BUT YOU ARE SO MEAN! *goes to hide under the covers and hope this isn't how EP 7 starts*

4. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi! I hope it starts that way but with a different ending LOL -- Ellora and Arik arriving early would be nice too ;) Excellent emotion and action. Very brilliantly written. =D=

6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    This is so wonderful and heartbreaking and...gah...so good. And still hope at the end, brava!

Love the opening crawl, too!

7. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Okay, now I'm depressed. I would love to see Mara Jade in the movie...but killing her off in the first scene would be brutal. Nicely written though.

8. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
  9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    damn that was depressing but really good. but which actor woild play who?

10. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    mattman8907: Thanks. I did leave clues as to which actor was which, but I guess...it can be whoever you want? I'm assuming you mean the boys. :)

11. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Wonderful writing --- but if Mara is in Ep 7 -- I wouldn't want her to die this soon.

12. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Thanks, Gemma!

13. aleja2

aleja2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Really, really lovely! I hope this isn't the way the way the movie starts, but I can easily see it happen. It fits with the films' universe and the characters. Wonderful writing!

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh my! What an ominous start for episode VII...

15. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
  16. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Nice, intense piece. This part is especially beautiful.

Into the hands of their enemy. The signature snap-hiss punctuates the tense silence as the weapon lolls back and forth in his hand. He stalks slowly to his prey, a predatory and gleeful gleam in his eye. A test swing stops just centimeters from her neck, at which Ben cries out.

Peace, Ben, he hears her say. I’m not afraid.

18. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999