main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Wise

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by 1Yodimus_Prime, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    [face_mischief]

Tira, she prayed each and every night for the animals she?d killed so long ago. And every night she promised to never again do that to any living creature, no matter how big or small. Not with her own hands. Never with her own hands, or with her own Force. She would never break another living thing that way, ever again. But?to bend it as far as it could go?now that...

She lived for that.

;) What a brilliant way to paint Averus' personality.

?Because, Master, I don?t want your worthless genes in my child.?

holy ____!:eek:

I liked the injection of multiple apprenticeships, Ferros being my favorite thus far. Although ten's position on fighting fair left me scratching my head...

Okay, I've read it all now Yod, and I'm floored and shocked; and bloody well impressed. All I am left with is a sense of wow. From the smooth flashbacks, to the unholy matrimony in the snow. A white snow burying the Dark Lady Averous, letting the Sith begin anew...damn!

So, this is how it starts. Soon I will rule the world. Thought Aeon. Thought Plagueis. They thought it in tandem ? a shared secret left unshared...

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Ms Lanna: Indeed, they survived. But I would like to point out that I did nothing to let them do that. It was a choice they made on their own. I'm glad you got what you were hoping for :D
    The epilogue, by the way, will not fit chronologically with the rest of the story. It will be more something that sheds light on another element of the story which wasn't quite resolved in the main plot.

NYCG: It's good to hear that I ended on a high note. I can't believe, though, that I wrote a story you liked so much that it left you with almost nothing to pick out. This is shocking to me. I don't think I've ever done that before, ever. If I ever get around to writing something else, you can bet I'll be letting you know. :D

Persephone: Oh god, she's flailing! Someone get a shoe horn so she doesn't swallow her tongue! :p
    Making sure to give necessary info while at the same time not giving away all the good parts was one of the trickiest parts of this story. You guys have no idea how many times I reorganized the timeline and reordered the Chapters before I ended up with what you see. The biggest worry I had though, was that the title, "The Wise" would immediately give away that one of the characters what Darth Plagueis. After all, who else in the GFFA was ever given that title? But in the end, it turned out (it seems) to have followed the rule I hoped it would: That the biggest clue is the one you hide in front of everyone's face. :D :D

Leona: Aww, you actually intentionally slowed down cuz you didn't want it to end? Man, shucks. [face_blush]

Oqi: You know I love that poem. That's what the world is missing - more eloquent flappers. (though I sort of count you as one :p )

BigE: " Next you?ll expect a bouquet of flowers or something."
    I'd just like to point out: @};-
    :D But seriously, thanks so much for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! :D

Ale: YOU'RE MISSING YOUR RED! :eek: And "Corellian" is spelled correctly!! :eek: And you only have 4 posts?! :eek:
    Does this mean I can call you a noob now? :p

*cough* right, and now to respond to what you actually said:
    "What a brilliant way to paint Averus' personality." yes, well, it was less like painting and more like creeping up from behind, poking the personality with a stick, and then running away.
    Holy ____, indeed. It's one thing to be irredeemably evil and bereft of morals, but his comment was just plain mean.
    "Although ten's position on fighting fair left me scratching my head... " It's true, Ten didn't really make the most logical choice at that point. But the poor boy bumped his head. Gotta cut him some slack.
    I'm happy you were so wowed by my story, and I bow deeply to your four applauding guests. :D

Sorry it took me so long to respond. There were things.
    Expect the epilogue to happen at some point over the course of the week.

3. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    Not the best installment in the story, but it ties up a loose end or two that maybe you didn't realize needed tying in the first place. Which makes it important enough, if you ask me, to be included. Ladies and Gentlemen: The epilogue

[b]Epilogue: where It came from[/b]

[i] This is what happened, the day Averus first found Mouse:[/i]

An alley, a straightaway. That was where she lost the girl. Keeping up was beginning to be taxing. Up and through and sideways and straight down, over roofs and through windows and across hallways and every which way. Nothing slowed the kid. Averus made a mental note to test this seemingly endless endurance the girl had.

Assuming she could just find her again. How Averus found her the first time was miraculous enough. A blip in her peripheral and a leap of faith got her on the girl?s trail. This was why she kept such a sharp ear to the ground of Coruscant. Rumors, even the false ones, always held a seed of truth in them. So she persued all of them. When the rumor in question was cirulating through the deadliest gangs in the underlevels, and involved a little kid with magic powers, she persued with extreme interest.

Except now Averus found herself in a convolution of paths. Vents and garbage and pipes of every size turned the place into a maze of hiding places. Had the girl made any noise at all (she didn?t) it would?ve been drowned out by the Factory District?s rattling and rumbling anyway. To Averus, it all massed together in her mind as a solid object of confusion, but to the girl it was likely this maze was as easily picked apart as the intracicies of politics were to Averus. This time finding her would require an intercession with the Force itself.

Which was neither a joke nor an exaggeration. Darth Averus sat crosslegged on the damp permacrete, back against a dirty durasteel wall, and meditated. In the rags she had disguised herself with, Averus seemed to melt into the background noise of filth and decay.

With her heightened awareness, Averus could finally feel the girl?s presence. It required a long period of concentration and, truthfully, did not actually arrive directly from the Force. Rather, her presence needed to be snatched from a pocket of darkness bouncing off the Sith Lord?s senses. Like looking through the X-Ray spectrum for a bone fracture, Averus found her by identifying all the places where the girl wasn?t.

If she was right, the girl was headed her way. [i]How could that be? Did she spot me at some point?[/i] Then the patter of soft little feet caught her ears, and she listened to the girl get closer. She came within centimeters, but didn?t bother to notice the ragged heap in the corner, as she passed the old woman by.

[i]Ah, not at all. So I actually overshot her? Ha! I could live another fifty years with this kind of energy! But?how is she keeping me from feeling her in the Force like this? I?ll need to figure out this trick of her?s?[/i]

What a ?trick? it was, too. Averus marveled at how close the girl needed to be in order for her to sense the girl?s presence. And yet, it was an active concealment the girl was using. This wasn?t a subconcious Force-based instinct like some lifeforms end up with. The girl was unmistakably human, and her few skills were clearly all self-taught. That would need to be addressed. Eventually.

It was a very happy coincidence that the girl had chosen this same alley to wander down. Of course, with the Force, there was no such thing as coincidence. As far as Averus was concerned, this was all part of the larger plan.

[i]Hm.[/i] Pyre[i] would have called it a coincidence. Always so pragmatic, that woman. Too much like an Atheist. It was a good thing she died before any of her plans were brought to fruition. That would have been a good sixty years of disaster, at least.[/i]

Averus got up easily enough, and continued tailing her. The girl snaked amongst the flotsam of Coruscant for another four hours before slowing. And Averus noted that the girl still had no pr

4. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Give yourself some more credit, it's a very imaginative Epilogue Yod!

?We let her go?I think?I think it killed me. I think doing that killed me?? there was a hint of fear in his eyes, ??allowing her to just leave, I mean. It sets off a chain of events ? I don?t know them exact, but I saw some of them and they were terrible. And they all lead to my death. Master what should I do??

=D=

Now, I believe there was another epic in your sig that needs attention...;)

5. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Sifo-Dyas lit up with recognition, ?Oh! I?m good friends with him! He?s one of the most gifted Knights in the Temple. I?d trust him with my life.?

?Then it?s settled. This evening, we?ll go and ask Dooku?s advice on this matter.?

Ah, also tying in the Dooku/Sifo-Dyas matter into the tale...very nice.

6. 1Yodimus_Prime

Mar 13, 2004
    When I finally finished this one, I was really burned out writing-wise. I was ready to forget it ever happened - not because I didn't like it, but just because it took so much out of me. I was out.

Well, I just got a PM. It looks like this story has gone on to round two for both the Action and Drama categories in the Before Awards. Neat! Thanks a bunch for the props guys! I can't believe this has garnered such a positive response!

Oh, and for whomever nommed a certain Sith Lord from this story AND his pre-Sith alias... veeeeery sneaky. :p
    Thankfully, those were left behind in the nomming stage.
    Anyway, yeah. Awesome. [thumbs up!]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.