main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Wish List

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh god, not The Walking Dead. I can't stand Robert Kirkman and his smug, smug beard.:p

[image=http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/robert-kirkman.jpg]
    Have you ever seen a smugger beard? No. No you have not.

2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I think he wants to do it in German anyway. :p Did we ever had a non-english game here? I remember IMP once reminded me that there was no rule against it, but I always wondered if he wasn´t joking, really. Players complained when our German characters talked german in Sots, really. Maybe I want a German Game! Add that to the Wishlist!

And Fin! Not even RTL II dared to call it anything but The Walking Dead. [face_laugh]

So I am looking forward to see how our Vampire projects turn out. That happened pretty fast, did it?

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The only hesitation I'd have about a non-English game would be the possibility of vastly more offensive words getting through the cracks then we normally allow. If you guys would be willing to self monitor I, personally, would not have a problem.

Oh, and obviously I don't even care if it's in Spanish, porque hablo bastante español, but somehow I don't think that's the language in question.:p

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    What have I done????

or

oder

Was hab ich getan???

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    [image=http://www.destinationhollywood.com/movies/starwars/images/moviequotes/starwars3_clip18.jpg]

You're fulfilling your destiny.

No, no I could not resist.:p

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'd actually be interested to see a German game run here, if only because I really like the language and am trying (mostly in vain) to learn it.

7. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    You see Fin? Full Mod approval. And self-monitoring happens in SotS all the time. Fin does that with all dialogue. So I´ll begin a discussion on the topic with our others. I think it would be interesting at least AND having this on the boards would probably lure out the many german lurkers. From what I read on german SW sites they must be legion, even nowadays when they cannot register anyway!

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I know the Wishlist is for games you wish for you do not do yourself. But seriously, you will have to do that yourself, T.

Something to add to my wishlist.

Besides Vampires, Mass Effect and TORR II I would really like to see something nice working with a Victorian Age setting. Gaslight is my favourite period.

9. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I guarantee no sparkle they will die in the sun like any vampire should.
    P.S. what is TORR II ??????

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Dying in the sun is lame. I liked Nosferatu as much as the next film buff, but that's one thing it added to the vampiric canon that I was never overly fond of. Not that sparkling is much of an improvement.

Granted, it all sort of comes down to that "How do you kill a vampire?" shpiel from the Death and Return of Superman video.

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Please, please, please no Vampires-as-allegories in the vein of True Blood. It's not cool! Vampires must be the ultimate predator because that is cool!

12. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    And there must be Blade-style action scenes. Because being able to say "Some mother****** are always tryin' to iceskate uphill" is cool. :D

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I´ve read half of one of those novels True Blood is based on. Puts things into perspective. Considering the source, the series actually is pretty cool. :p But just if you consider the source.

Vampire is Vampire, if you ask me. A lot of good takes on the topic. GMs should do it their way. And as we seem to have not one but two projects of Vampires vs. Hunters in development I think we got enough room for more than one interpretation. Which could be a lot of fun. ;) How do we Germans say? Rivalry revives the market.

Considering Vampires and sun . . . oh not burning Vampires are lame! Let them BURN! I want my Vampire to burn in the sun! Vampires came from Dracula. He is their archetype. I know, I know there were Vampires before. Melmoth, Bride of Corinth, Lambach and so . . . and I know it is very popular (and actually totally incorrect, dtw-syndrome) to say the original legends did not have them burn in the sun . . . but it is what defines them: Children of the Night. The eternal absence of light is such an interesting thing for the psyche to play out.

@LA, TORR was a game running last summer, called The Old Republic - Rennessaince. A prequel to TOR so to say, covering the 300 years in between. It ended a bit unlucky after the fateful decision to have a month break and many players taken by DRL and some people hoped for a continuation of some sorts. A lot loose ends were left and players were there to tie them up (yes I am addressing you TGI, indirectly! Sneaky, is it? And actually against the rules here, so I´ll leave it at that).

14. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Actually I never believed the whole rivalry revives the market bull** . . . . :p Let me play the wise and seasoned GM here (who I totally am not and advise you two Draco and Lukes_Apprentice to shoot PMs to each other and make clear your games are not on a total collusion course timewise and topicwise. Otherwise you two really duel and one of you will be left with a lot of work for nothing. My opinion.

Another wislist thing, because if nobody makes I´ll have to do it one day . . . Film Noir game! Neo Noir if it has to be! But I´d love to have an all black and white game with hard boiled detectives and corrupt worlds to explore!

Ramza Edit: Censor the whole word please

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I think there's a lot of noir-influenced stuff coming to the RPF in the near future; it seems we like our heroes on the alcoholic side :p

16. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    I am not worried we might collide. I actually feel this Vampire-game might be a good idea for me, but I seriously don´t think it will happen within the next weeks and Lukes_App seemes to look for a much earlier release. And my game will be pretty far away from the whole "Buffyverse" idea. I actually don´t know that series too well, I must confess.

I thought of something in line with the pilot to "The Fades" crossbreed with "American Vampire", really. With a good shot of VtM, to make it work for the Vamps, too.

So considering the differences and the time that will pass between our games I doubt we steal each other even one player, actually.

17. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Sir Draco I was thinking about earlier release but I don't think it will be before the move. I want to make werewolves more believable as a tragic villain and a little more human then wolf but that is my present thinking.

On the matter of the vampire being playable i see no reason why not they are the ultimate predator and have personalities the same as humans. I just don't see how they could survive for any length of time in the sun because if you think about it light represents everything good that God created and vampires are basically bodies infested with a demonic presence; therefore, them being at least violently allergic to the sun makes a lot of sense. Plus vampires have extreme strength, agility, and can live forever. In order to make any character real they must have ways of being defeated as well as strengths. Man It would be nice to fully discuss vampires and other creatures of the night because I would like to see everyone opinion on it.

18. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    I assume that is Buffy canon? I really haven´t watched that show :p Well, I think Vampires who run in sunlight are just one sparkle away from twilighting, so I think that will be common ground.

And I do not know when the MOVE happens, but I won´t do it before summer. I can say that much with certainty.

19. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Mostly it is buffy with a little of my interpretation mixed in.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, there is a push to try and time things so the boards come back online on April 1st...

Draco - would the aforementioned American Vampire be the eponymous comic book by Scott Snyder? Because if it is, I agree that that would make for excellent source material.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Dracula was capable of operating in the daylight in the original novel, though his powers were quite lessened at that time.

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I think I like this interpretation the best though most of the fiction I read seems to operate under the assumption that vampires can't go out in sunlight.

23. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Yes Snyder´s American Vampire, that was what I meant. Never understood the Snyder-hype until I got that one and now I can´t wait for more volumes to come out over here. I am uncertain if I use that particular twist on Vampirism (if so from another perspective probably), but the mood, atmosphere and vampiric nature works very fine with me in that book. And the hunters are awesome, because they are all hard as nails and very flawed human beings the same time. The vampires are firghtening. It got a huge debt to Noir. All in all I feel it is a lovely fresh take on things and I would like to use it for my game.

24. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    A character driven thriller. I would die for that to play in. Post-to-post seems to be made for that, actually. Look at SotF´s storylines or TheDarkerTide, it totally work as a game-driving force.

Dunno why we actually never had any of those. Probably it is because we simply prefer franchises who are plot driven, is it? But I´d love to have a character-driven-thriller, really. Something where people do what people wanna do and all players are guarded and controlled by the GM, but unlimited in their potential to fail or succeed within the characters limits.

A game of intruigue and personal vendettas set within a village or social circle or something like that.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    The problem with that . . . look at Sopranos, Caprica or TWD or even Lost the second season . . . is that characters usually suffer a lot and face defeats along the way defining them and you need a crowd that can take defeats well. If you ever got together such a bunch, you´ll be fine.

And players leaving could hurt, really, really hurt such type of game.

But I see what you are aiming for. A game centered around characters and their interaction seems to be our obvious choice here, but that usually get´s reduced to a sideplot by plotpoints, obviously. Sith Wars usually :p A Battlestar Galactica type of game would be awesome.