main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Witcher Series (PC RPG of the Forever)

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    If you're playing on the difficulties that allow you to regenerate health after meditation, you can typically run away from any boss fight (usually just going around a corner and out of sight of the boss), meditate real quick, and regain all your health, adrenaline, and bombs. Then go back around the corner to finish the fight against the boss, who hasn't regained an ounce of health. :p

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Red health bar indicates steel sword enemies as opposed to silver sword enemies, according to Google. Honestly I never even noticed them. [face_dunno]

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, that's all? Thought it had more significance, oh well, thanks.

4. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Geralt typically unsheathes the correct sword on his own without player input.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Eh, there's a bit of a delay to the automated draw that can be deadly on the higher difficulties, so I was usually drawing for him, but I'm so used to the twin swords mechanic it's not like I ever needed a health bar cue. Now that I'm aware of it, it's a nice touch, but I can't help but wonder who exactly it's supposed to help out.

6. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Honestly, half the time my Geralt doesn't draw either sword and for the first few seconds of a fight, he's trying to play fisticuffs against someone wielding a giant sword.

So I typically draw for him too, but I'm used to drawing steel for natural enemies and silver for supernatural. Was a little unsure about the Hunt though, but I knew about the health bar cue and drew silver when I saw their silver bars.

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    "Witcher 4: yeah, eventually." Presumably CDPR have got to wrap up Cyberpunk before it's even a glimmer in their eye. By now I think we're all pretty sure it'd have to have a new lead character (Ciri?) or be an interquel, but still, come 2022 or whatever I'm down.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The Witcher 4 GOTY 2030.

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I started playing Wild Hunt this week, and it is phenomenal. I'm enjoying every second of it.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    So steam had the entire series for 30 bucks, and since I just finished building my gaming PC i figured why not.

Without reading all 20 pages, anything I need to know before jumping in at Witcher Enhanced Edition? Is it easily accessible and explained a la Fable or are you thrown in and expected to do your own research on what the hell your doing online like some games do these days?

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Everything you need to do in Witcher 1 is explained in game, but keep in mind it is absolutely unrepresentative of the rest of the series in terms of gameplay - if you don't like it, skip to 2.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Let me guess...

You started playing at 10.00am

You looked at the clock and it was 10.00pm!

13. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I wish I could game for 12 hours straight. Having a wife and two jobs certainly cuts down on my gaming time.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I got as far as the Intro Cutscene of Witcher 1 (Which admittedly was Kriffing good), and the game started screen tearing horribly. Just installed an R9 380x Sapphire card and it runs SC2 and Empire at War fine. Should i try uninstalling and reinstalling Witcher or is this a known issue with no workarounds? Anyone encountered it before?

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I haven't had that issue, but honestly The Witcher is principally running on the hopes and dreams of good children because under the hood it's a massively modified version of Neverwinter Nights. Consequently, it's possible it just doesn't like your graphics card. A reinstall or aggressive settings tweaking might be your best bet.

16. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Aw man, I kinda liked Keira Metz, even if she was a borderline psychopath. This game is hella fun!

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You don't have to kill her you know.....

18. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I didn't think my dialog choices would lead to a fight. Now I feel guilty for not saving beforehand.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, it's something you really have to watch out for.

Some options will lead to Geralt being very harsh and they're not always indicated either, other times it'll be others deciding to be.

In a way I quite like it because the world is harsh and vicious, so its logical that people would become so to a degree too.

And yeah - save often!

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Way to
    doom Lambert.

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I need to find time to finish this game. I think I'm on the final chain of quests, but I haven't played in months.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's a point - I need to kill Radovid and re-engineer the future.

Oh and look at this screenshot for the upcoming Blood & Wine expansion:

[​IMG]

Ulicus and timmoishere like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey guys,

Love this game, but it's glitchy as hell. I'm on one contract mission, Level 23, Phantom of the trade route, and I'm at the part where I have to bomb two nests. I have enhanced samum in my possession.

However,

I walk up to a nest, press X to bomb it (I have a PS4 btw) and it gives the message that I "don't have the right bomb". I equip Enhanced Samum, throw the ****ing thing at the ****ing nest but all it does is blind me. What the hell? Has anyone else experienced this? I have scoured the internet trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, and if anyone else has experienced it, but nobody has. I'm terrified it's going to affect the rest of the game.

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Literally didn't happen to me on that quest. Try reloading an earlier save?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok so I crafted Grapeshot, went back to the area, and it worked just fine. Just to be sure, I loaded a previous save and tried it with the enhanced samum. Still didn't ****ing work, even though the description on it says "clears monster nests". The hell? Oh well, I got through the mission because I'm insane and persistent.

But seriously, this is like the one Blacksmith who keeps yammering about "top notch swords" to you, but he can only make armor, not weapons. I hope the Witch Hunters burn him alive.