main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming The Witcher Series (PC RPG of the Forever)

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Nov 21, 2010.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It really wasn't any choice for me. Sorry, Triss. (Also I picked up the Yennifer statue when I got an Amazon gift card for Xmas).

I sometimes will go back into my Witcher 3 game just so I can redo the conversations with Yen at Geralt's new home.

2. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yeah they just wrote better lines for Yennifer.

Awesome legacy for Whoresome. Killing him was the right call as it turns out. Nice that nobody spoilered me the Dude twist.

3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    You monster ! [face_laugh]

(I totally deserved it though, and thank God they didn't know about Keira)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Jedi Ben and blackmyron like this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Now I’m not accusing the game of inconsistent baseless moralizing but
    Not only does Keira not matter to that sequence in the slightest, it’s arguably “objectively” better to have a fling with her.

… Okay, so maybe I’m accusing the game of inconsistent baseless moralizing.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    3sm1r and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yennefer is the only appropriate choice.

mnjedi, blackmyron and 3sm1r like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Keira was fun.
    I let her get burned. Maybe i'm morbid, but I like my tales to have tragic realistic outcomes. So Keira and Lambert i let die.

7. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    If someone hasn't played the previous games, when you have to choose whether kissing Triss you know almost nothing about Yen.
    But anyway it's clear that in the first game playthrough I just tried to maximize the number of sex scene, I mean duh? To not have sex I already have real life lol.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    If you are achievement hunting, there is an achievement for letting all of your companions (Keira, Lambert, etc) survive so they can participate in a certain story moment. I didn’t know that on my first playthrough, and so I let Keira die.

9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    So far only Ciri's mentor and the baron died, among the important characters.

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I was wrong about Lambert, apparently. The people you need to recruit for that story moment are
    Keira, Ves, Roche, Hjalmar, Triss, Ermion, and Zoltan. The baron isn’t relevant to that achievement.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh it's much hairier than you think, if you've played the other games but haven't read the books you might erroneously assume Triss is the "real" love interest while still knowing basically nothing about Yen, and the first game mechanically incentivized sleeping around.

Again, I don't think there's a good through-line on this stuff, I think the writers wanted a clever "gotcha" comedy moment that IMO really just means everyone involved needed to have some frank discussions about their feelings, their relationships, their boundaries, etc. GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER, STRAIGHTS. :p

And no, this isn't coming from a place of bitterness, I was a way, way worse person and had Geralt tell Yen he didn't love her anymore. The almost brutal levels of stunned shock and resulting awkward divorced parents energy were hearty sustenance for the lengthy endgame.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Ur so mean, Ramza... :(

13. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Playing through Witcher 2 makes it clear - as Geralt recovers his memories about what happened - that Yen is his true love.
    Plus, it's Yennifer. C'mon.

14. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yennifer is arguably the best character in the game, it's a no brainer. Next playthrough I will have to refuse Triss so that I won't end up bound to a bed.

15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    While I did give that entire town the plague because the ghost tricked me, going to Radovid was such a transparently terrible idea I talked Keria out of it.

blackmyron likes this.
  16. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Yennefer.

17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I re-played everything and I let Triss go, so hopefully Yen will want me, unless I ****-ed up some lines of dialogue again.....

What I don't get is that now Triss has gone, so I guess she won't be there helping out with the Wild Hunt?

18. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    She still shows up to help at Kaer Morhen.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Nah, Yen loves Geralt despite her best attempts to not do so. If your Geralt loves her those crazy kids are all set.

20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, messing up with Triss and Yen doesn't mean they abandon Geralt - it just means he doesn't have a romantic relationship with either of them, that's all.

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  21. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yeah but I want Yen as partner.
    It should work this time. I haven't slept with anyone else and after a moment of hesitation I left Triss go.

Btw I couldn't let Keira go even the second time. Her plan was just too insane and I like the character. I'll google what would have happened if she went to Radovid offering knowledge about a plague (though I think Ramza implied she'd get burned)

22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Oh, I see, there are as many as three possible outcomes in Keira story.
    In order to check all outcomes of all story lines this game should be played about 10 times [face_laugh]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Ramza and Jedi Ben like this.
  23. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I knew there were three possible endings when I played, but I didn't want to look things up and "engineer" the outcome I wanted. Instead I tried to play the choices the WWBGD way (What Would Book Geralt Do?) as best as I could and I happily got the best result.

Ciri becoming a witcher.

:D

24. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I was happy with the ending I got for the main game. Ditto for Hearts of Stone. Now, Blood and Wine, that one I screwed up pretty bad, not gonna lie.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah, I messed up Blood and wine too

Both times