main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Wizards' School [YJK AU; HP/SW X-over (Year 1); Jaina, Jacen, Anakin] Hiatus?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    *de-lurks*

[face_blush] :D

Nice to see this one updated, Idri. :D [face_dancing] Fantastically long update! ;)

I loved the interaction between Jaina and Anakin. [face_love] It was sweet, and very well done. I've not read much of the Solos in the YJK-era, but I'm really enjoying them all in this story. :)

Favourite parts:

Both Anakin and Ginny looked a little too pleased with themselves.

?I think the world?s gone crazy,? Ron groaned, sinking down low into his chair and covering his face with his hands.

?Not crazy,? Anakin said. ?Topsy-turvy.? He grinned.

Jaina laughed and hugged her brother. ?I missed you,? she said.

?Missed you too, Jaya,? Anakin replied. ?You never write!?

?I know,? Jaina said, her lips twitching. ?It?s so bad of me.?

Aww... :D [face_love] A lovely Jaina/Anakin moment there.

?I have something I need to tell both of you,? Anakin replied. ?And there?s something we need to do here.?

Ginny rolled her eyes. ?Ani, not this again.?

Anakin made a face. ?Don?t call me Ani!?

LOL! [face_laugh] He sure told Ginny!

?We should probably let you sleep, Anakin,? Hermione said. ?Come on, we can fit in some more studying.?

Ron groaned and rolled his eyes. ?You know, exams are ages away, Hermione.?

?Ten weeks,? she snapped back. ?And that?s not ages, Ron. That?s like a second to Nicolas Flamel.?

?Yeah, but we?re not six hundred and years old,? Ron retorted.

?Who?s Nicolas Flamel?? Anakin asked sleepily, already drifting off.

?He made the Philosopher?s Stone,? Jaina told him. ?Now go to sleep.?

Lovely character interaction here from all of them. :D Anakin is such a cutie-pie!! [face_love] [face_love]

Looking forward to reading more! :)

Ant.

2. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    Found this a few days ago and I couldn't stop reading this!

I really liked the idea of this story despite the fact that my experience with HP is very little. I enjoy the movies, though my parents aren't fond of them so I rarely see them, and have never read a book.

Anyways, that being said, I really have been enjoying this story immensely. The characters are very well written and completely in character, despite the changes they are facing. I can easily understand Jacen's need to learn wizardy, and was even glad he did so, though I hated how he was acting towards Jaina.

I wish there was a way for Jaina to still learn magic, it just seems odd for her to miss out on charms and transfiguration. Anakin being the only true wizard of the bunch seemed fitting though.

I loved Ginny and Anakin's little trip!

I'm looking forward to Jaina playing Quidditch (she has to play once right?[face_batting]) and figuring out how the Shadow Academy fits into all of this.

Mind adding me to the PM list?

Great story Idri! Please update soon! [face_praying]

Take Care,
    C1

3. DarthEL

DarthEL Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2007
    I really like this story! Boy did Jaina get her mother and father's stubborn streak! She needs to let go and let it flow for awhile, after all it is her fault that they're stuck there after her temper tantrum and all. I'm surprised Jacen hasn't let that slip in the heat of the argument. I also think that Harry/Jaina, Anakin/Hermione, and Jacen/Ginny would work really well. can I get on the pm list?

4. green_riddle_monkey

green_riddle_monkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2008
    First time posting here (or anywhere for that matter), but i just had to say i absolutley love what you have done so far!
    -little green riddle monkey

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    mara_jade_rox: [face_laugh] Thanks!

PointGiven: Yeah, Jacen?s still being a bit of an idiot (from Jaina?s POV, of course), but he has his reasons. *shrug* Siblings never constantly agree with each other! ;) Anakin and Ginny are good friends, they?ve bonded quite well over the months. Glad you liked the mention of the Lovegoods, but we won?t be seeing them in person until the second book. ;)

As for Tamith Kai? who knows?

Nat: Yes, I know you?ve missed this so (with the ?o? multiplied by gazillion) much. :D [:D] Thanks for betaing the chapter, hon!

Skywalker77: They usually do get worse. ;)

zonzo: Thanks for reading! No worries about being late, I?m usually late with writing the chapters. :p

Darth_Marrs: Yes, thanks!

Tahi: Don?t we all miss Anakin? :(

The common theme usually doesn?t mean anything pleasant. ;) And it?s the case of the mysterious clanging noise! :eek: Oh no!

The sign names are from DH, though. Except for Quibbler Headquarters. I needed something to call Luna?s house! 8-}

Glad you liked the chapter!

jaina_clan_solo: Hogwarts: A History is Hermione?s best friend. :p

Jaina, Jaina, Jaina, don't you know by now, that whenever those bad feelings hit, bad stuff inevitably follows? (I think it must have something to do with those Skywalker/Solo genes-- trouble just follows wherever they go)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very true, very true.

I wonder what Ron, Harry and Hermione are going to think when (or if) they find out just how many times Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin have been capture by dark lords... it's going to be an interesting conversation I bet.

Yeah, it would. It?d be fun to write!

I like the fact that all of them found something rather disturbing about that (though honestly who wouldn't?) Combined with Jacen's complete surprise about Snape being the one potentially after the Philosopher's Stone, perhaps someone will start looking in the right direction? (probably not, but I can hope can't I?)

Let?s cross our fingers and hope! :)

Thanks for reading!

Jaina_Solo_Goddess: Hermioen doesn?t quite understand yet how the Solos react to danger. Instead of running away, they run towards it. :p

DarthXan318: Thanks! :D

Diamond_Revelation: Thanks for reading!

Swpants666:
    *giggles* Perfect response to something Hermione says

Especially if it?s 1st year Hermione. ;)

And that?s why they always get in trouble

The HP characters are starting to realize that. :p

Oh sure, blame it on the Weasleys. Because there?s nothing in your blood that says your family isn?t stubborn.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Too true. :D

Thanks for reading!

LilyHobbitJedi: Thanks for reading! Yeah, the dreams and Tamith Kai stuff and Philosopher Stone stuff and Quirrel-acting-oddly stuff? not good. [face_plain]

Jedi_Perigrine: New reader! [:D] Thanks for reading ? I hope you continue to enjoy. :)

Jedi-Ant: Hey!!! [:D]

I love writing Jaina and Anakin. I wish Anakin was year older so he could be at school with the twins, but oh well ? there?s always the next book. :p

Anakin is such a cutie-pie!!

As 10 year old Anakin should be! [face_love]

C1-J2: Thanks so much for reading! I?m trying to make this fic understandable for people outside the HP book fandom, so I guess it seems to be working! :D The Jaina and magic story arc will take a while to sort out, mostly because no one is completely sure what is going on. It?s kind of complex and I don?t want to rush through it quite yet. ;)

The Shadow Academy is up to something and Jaina might get to play Quidditch again, depending on what Harry does. ;) I?ll add you to the PM list! Thanks again!

DarthEL: [face_laugh] You know, that?s very pointed and very true putting it like that? they?re in this mess because of a temper tantrum! [face_laugh] It?s a little too early to be thinking about ships, though, they?re only 10 and 11 years old. :p

6. green_riddle_monkey

green_riddle_monkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2008
    I hadn't even given hp a second thought before I started reading this story, but now I have started the series. I like what I've read so far.

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Thank you so much everyone, for voting for TWS for the Best Crossover category. I'm extremely honoured to have won. [face_blush] [:D]

The next post will hopefully be coming some time after I get back from Quebec, which will be around August 15th. I still have to write that chapter since the muse is being a trifle uncooperative. :p :)

8. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    This is the only reason the Ewok of Kenobi-ness comes on this site anymore.
    Well done on the chapter :p *Claps*

9. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    *jaw drops at the fabulous cross-over, newly found*

Oh please please please please PLEASE add me to the update list!

I shall beg or plead, if you like! I shall bribe to the best of my abilities!

This fic is marvelous! And I really like your pacing! It keeps the action coming, but also builds suspense. Not to mention the character insights and theories involving the meshing of both universes. Characterization is spot-on as well.

And I totally felt like cheering during the language rant on (what was it?) page three! I've always felt that Q was a rather unnecessary letter... :p

Up!

10. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
  11. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I was right about Floo powder being troublesome. But very interesting about how the Philosopher's Stone and Tamith Kai and this badperson are all connected somehow or may be. Can't wait for more!

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Floo powder is always, and shall always be, troublesome. :p

I am terribly sorry for putting this story on hiatus, specially since it's the first in a series. There are only a few chapters left, but DWB has been awfully evil and the Muse wants to concentrate on TTA. *sigh* How unfair. Fortunately, I have a goal to post the next chapter before New Year's. Reasonable enough, yes? Shall we call it a Christmas present?

Yes, we shall. [face_batting]

This concludes the author update.

13. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

*spins around in circles in amazing spinny chair and chants* It's back? It's back? It's really, really back? [face_dancing]

I was actually just reading this a couple of days back, and mourning its hiatus, so this makes me extremely happy.

Can't wait!

And I really need to join the Teen Writing society...ah, well.

~Jaina

14. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Announces plaintive *up?* then sneaks back out of thread.

~Jaina

15. epr3131

epr3131 Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    this is pretty good. I like it. Could you add me to the list?

16. Sword_0f_The_Jedi

Sword_0f_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2009
    THERE'S AN UPDATE LIST?! No wonder I haven't seen anything new for such a long time! I've been reading chapters over and over and over again and although they're magnificently (wow I spelt that right) written I need to know what happens next Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase add me to the update list! [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.