main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Wizards' School [YJK AU; HP/SW X-over (Year 1); Jaina, Jacen, Anakin] Hiatus?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    It was very possible that Jaina would decid to become a hermit. Hermithood suited her very well, as she didn?t have to deal with glares from her brothers or sweet-talks from her mother. Only C-3PO bothered her these days, and even he ran away as soon as her door slid open to avoid being hit by a flying hydrospanner.

Loved that line. I thought you did a perfect job of writing Jaina and Leia's rocky relationship.

Thanks for the PM.

2. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    that was a great update

as to where they landed i'm gonna say the forbiden forest

thanks for the pm

keep them coming

3. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    Taking the Falcon out for a little spin eh? Ahhh can't wait to see what Han's going to do the kids if and when they return.

Looking forward to reading about their adventures on Earth.

Great update!

4. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Yikes! Jaina has got some serious issues, but I love the Solo children's comraderie. So did they land in the Forbidden Forest perhaps? One thing is for sure, they know how to make an entrance. [face_laugh] Can't wait for more and thanks for the pm. =D= =D=

5. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Oh dear - at least if Jaina is on earth she wont be able to fight with Leia anymore ;)

I wonder what they will make of Hogwarts and more to the point what hogwarts will make of them!!

Great chapter Idrelle, Thanks for the PM, looking forward to the next update!!

6. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    great story so far! can i be pm'ed too?

7. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Another excellent chapter! I think that if I were one of the Solo children, I would rather be punished by Han or Leia rather than Luke.

"Jaina, I'm very disappointed in you," her Uncle Luke said sternly, "go on a twenty kilometer run through the darkest, most dangerous, most humid, most overgrown part of the jungle."

8. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Jaina is 11 here right? Not 18? Oh, sooo many issues.

Their parents are going to be SOO panicked.

Where did they end up?

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Swpants666: if they ever get home, Han's going to KILL them for ruining the Falcon

After he grounds them for life of course

LOL! Of course! :D

I can imagine Jaina being that temperamental at that age. Especially against Leia.

Yes, most deffinately.

jaina_clan_solo: You described Jaina and Leia's relationship quite well-- I can see them engaged in a staring contest.

Thanks! :) I used to have those staring contests with my mom when I was around eight or so; that?s where I got it from. :p

And boy are those three in trouble-- I think they have quite the adventure in store for them.

Almost too much trouble for them to handle. Almost. :p Not quite. ;)

SuperSayiaMan12: Pretty good chapter, so the Young Jedi Knights are really young, aren't they?

Yep. Very young. :p

I...kind of didn't like the way Jaina reacted to Leia, I always thought they were very, very close...but I guess at age 11 the rebellious spirit of her mother and father is coming into play...

Absolutely! :p I always thought that Jaina?s relationship with her mother grew a lot stronger in NJO, though and when she was younger, she wasn?t overly fond of Leia.

princess_of_naboo: Loved that line. I thought you did a perfect job of writing Jaina and Leia's rocky relationship.

Thanks! :D

frankieskywalker: that was a great update

Thanks! :)

as to where they landed i'm gonna say the forbiden forest

Hehe, seems like a possibility, doesn?t it?

JagF: Taking the Falcon out for a little spin eh? LOL, yup. :p

Ahhh can't wait to see what Han's going to do the kids if and when they return.

LOL ? if they return. [face_shhh]

LilyHobbitJedi: Yikes! Jaina has got some serious issues, Yep. Normal eleven-year-old angst issues. :p

but I love the Solo children's comraderie. LOL!

So did they land in the Forbidden Forest perhaps?

Maybe? maybe not.

One thing is for sure, they know how to make an entrance.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, yes!

Diamond_Revelation: Oh dear - at least if Jaina is on earth she wont be able to fight with Leia anymore LOL ? they won?t be arguing for a while, and when they do see each other, I very much doubt that they will argue. :)

I wonder what they will make of Hogwarts and more to the point what hogwarts will make of them!!

You?ll see soon! :)

jasa: great story so far! can i be pm'ed too? Thanks, jasa! Yeah, sure, I?ll add you to the list! :)

TigerofRobare: Another excellent chapter! Thanks! :D

I think that if I were one of the Solo children, I would rather be punished by Han or Leia rather than Luke.

"Jaina, I'm very disappointed in you," her Uncle Luke said sternly, "go on a twenty kilometer run through the darkest, most dangerous, most humid, most overgrown part of the jungle."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Now that you mention that? I?d think I?d take Leia and Han?s punishment. :p

SpiritofEowyn: Jaina is 11 here right? Not 18? Oh, sooo many issues. Yes. I?m currently drawing up a timeline so things get less confusing since I tweaked their ages.

Their parents are going to be SOO panicked. Oh yeah? more than panicked. Hyper-panicked.

Where did they end up?

Hmmm? I?m not telling. That?s for me to know and you to guess! :p

Thanks for reading, SoE!

10. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Actually, her relationship with Leia was really strong in Young Jedi Knights. In NJO...it took an nose dive. Hell, she would at least listen to her mother when she was younger.

How was the fic that I am doing by the way?

11. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    more soon plz
    can i be on the pm list

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    SuperSaiyaMan13: Oops... [face_blush] My mistake, lol. :p I've started reading your fic, BTW, you're doing fine, I'll comment on it soon. :)

jedikatie26: Thanks for reading! :) Sure, I'll add you to the PM list. :D

NOTE: I've added some lovely cover art to the first post... nothing extraordinary, my talents with photoshop are none too brilliant, but it was fun. :p :D

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Okay, first, apologies for taking so long to update this. I had the chapter ready for awhile, but then I was enjoying the summer weather and never got around to actually getting on the boards. :p

Also, since there's been some confusion on timeline stuff, I drew up a timeline. It's based on the timelines found in the NJO books and include the Solo childrens ages. The changes I've made are written in pink.

Behold the mighty timeline!

Hehe, I suck at making websites. :p

Okay, now with that out of the way, here's chapter three.

[b]CHAPTER THREE

The Burrow[/b]

With their packs slung over their shoulders, the Solo children crept cautiously through the wreckage of the [i]Millennium Falcon[/i], all thinking approximately the same thing: ?Dad?s gonna kill me.?

The ramp had somehow been damaged and when Jaina pressed the button to release it, it only lowered a third of the way. Cautiously, they crept out of the crushed ship and jumped off the ramp.

They were in a small clearing enclosed by a fence built from wood. It was surrounded by tall trees, some of which bore strange, round red fruit slightly smaller than Jaina?s fist. A soft breeze whistled through the tops of the trees, rustling the leaves and branches. Small insects with brightly coloured wings flew lazily over the grass, occasionally perching softly on a flower?s petals.

Jaina shivered ? the air was fresh here, and the wind tingled her skin. Or was it something else? There was something here she could sense that was completely different from anything she had ever felt before. She reached out to the Force for reassurance, and was momentarily shocked? it felt [i]weird[/i]; distant, struggling, as if she was reaching to it through mud. It was almost as if the strange new thing was altering her touch with the Force.

She glanced at Jacen. Obviously, he too was feeling the change ? unease was spread across his face.

Before either of them had a chance to say something about this change in the Force, there was a rustling noise and the murmur of voices that grew steadily louder. Jaina?s grip tightened on her pack. She wondered whether she should get the spare blaster she had taken from the [i]Falcon?s[/i] cargo hold. She fingered her lightsaber, which was hanging from her belt.

As the voices ? clearly a mix of several boys ? grew closer, Jaina, Jacen and Anakin drew instinctively closer, watching the edge of the trees apprehensively.

The fence?s gate swung open as its latch clicked, and three boys entered the paddock, each with equally vivid red hair and each carrying long, old-fashioned wood brooms.

They caught sight of the [i]Falcon?s[/i] wreckage first.

The smallest boy dropped his broom at the sight of it. His eyes passed over the ship in awe before coming to rest on Jaina, Jacen and Anakin.

Jaina?s stomach squirmed uncomfortably.

The two older boys, stockily-built and completely identical down to the last freckle, lowered their brooms and, in unison, looked from Jaina, to Jacen, to Anakin, to the ship and then back to the Solos.

?Who the bloody hell are you?? the first twin asked in an accent not unlike the ones found on Coruscant.

?What the bloody hell is that?? the younger, freckled boy asked, indicating the wrecked [i]Millennium Falcon.[/i]

?Nose down, Ron,? the second twin said, ?we?re asking the questions.?

Jaina unhooked her lightsaber from her belt. The boys hadn?t proved much of a threat yet, but she had to be careful.

?We crashed here,? Jacen said carefully. ?We need ??

?Crashed?? the first twin asked skeptically, raising an eyebrow.

Jaina?s eyes narrowed. Wasn?t it evident that they had crashed? What else could they have been doing ? aerials with the ship?

?What kind of question is that?? she said coolly, pointing to the [i]Falcon.[/i]

The twins simultaneously crossed their arms. ?What d?you mean by ?crashed???

?Why are you carrying brooms?? Anakin piped up curiously.

The twins looked very taken aback and exchang

14. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Nice. I guess Jaina and Jacen are going to accompany Ron, Fred, and George to Hogwarts, and Anakin is staying back since he is too young?

Please update soon, and thanks for the review for Shinobi Knight. Hopefully, the end of the chapter will be getting up soon.

It's the Bell Test for Naruto and Sakura next. It's basically a test that tells Kakashi-sensei on how good their teamwork is, and how much it has improved.

15. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    great post!

16. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Oooh, Idri, you got me to read a crossover! You get cyber-cookies. :):) :):) :):)

This is awesome. And funny, too. :D

PM, please!

17. ShadowcatX-men

ShadowcatX-men Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2006
    I like it. This looks very good.
    Cat

18. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Interesting. Just so long as nobody tries to kidnap them again, wizarding England should stand a reasonable chance of surviving when Chewbacca gets done with it. Not to mention Han, Leia, Luke, and Mara.

Any chance of Zekk meeting Harry?

19. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Great update! I wasn't expecting to see them land at the Burrow. I bet that Arthur is going to be itching to see what the Falcon is made of :p

I can't wait to see what happens next :D

jcs

20. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    very cool, having them land in the Burrow. :) And everything was done really well. Their confusion over everything what's going on. And...Hogwarts! Are the Solo's going to get home before September comes along? Are they going to Hogwarts? Oohh, I can't wait to see what happens next :D

And Ginny's room sounded very very awesome. I think I want it :D

21. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    This is great. I hope you update more soon.

I love what you've done with Jaina. I think she plays the big sister to Jacen and Anakin very well.

The wizards are going to have something to say about the lightsabers and quick, but I'm giggling just thinking of Malfoy "accidentally" running into a lightsaber.

If you are PMing, I'd love to be added. I don't want to lose track of this. Thanks =D=

22. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    so they crashed in the weaslys back yard. great. will the next post have them at the hogwarts express[face_praying] great post cant wawit for more

23. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    Landing at the Burrow eh? Well it looks like the three of them seem comfortable with the Weasly's. What's next for the three of them, maybe meeting Harry Potter or heading off to Hogwarts?

Great update and I'm definately looking forward to reading the next update.

24. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Oooh great update! I loved the interaction between Jaina and Jacen and the Weasley family! I can't wait to find out what happens when Jaina and Jacen get their Hogwarts letters!

Looking forward to the next chapter Idrelle!

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    SuperSaiyaMan12: Nice. I guess Jaina and Jacen are going to accompany Ron, Fred, and George to Hogwarts, and Anakin is staying back since he is too young?

You?ll see. :)

Although it is kind of obvious that they'll be going to Hogwarts, considering the title of the fic. :p

jasa: Thanks! :)

Mirax_Corran: Oooh, Idri, you got me to read a crossover!

[face_laugh]

Do you not read crossovers, Myra?

You get cyber-cookies. :):) :):) :):)

Yummy! ::eats cookies::

This is awesome. And funny, too. LOL! Thanks, glad you?re enjoying it!

ShadowcatX-man: Thanks! :)

TigerofRobare: Interesting. Just so long as nobody tries to kidnap them again, wizarding England should stand a reasonable chance of surviving when Chewbacca gets done with it. Not to mention Han, Leia, Luke, and Mara.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Any chance of Zekk meeting Harry?

At the moment, chances of it are very low. You?ll see what happens. :p :)

jaina_clan_solo: Great update! I wasn't expecting to see them land at the Burrow. I bet that Arthur is going to be itching to see what the Falcon is made of

Thanks! Yeah, drop something like the Falcon near the Burrow and Arthur Weasley won?t be able to take his hands off it? :p

Swpants666: very cool, having them land in the Burrow.

Yeah. ::grins:: I thought it was something different and it seems a lot more logical for them to be blended in with Hogwarts from the start instead of having them land and then boom being friends with the golden trio. :p

And everything was done really well.

Awww, thanks!

Their confusion over everything what's going on. And...Hogwarts! Are the Solo's going to get home before September comes along? Are they going to Hogwarts? Oohh, I can't wait to see what happens next

LOL! You?ll catch a glimpse of what?s going to happen in the next chapter.

And Ginny's room sounded very very awesome. I think I want it

LOL! Me too! Since Harry?s never been in Ginny?s room, we don?t get a description of it in the HP books so I took the liberty of going crazy with the description. :p

padawanlost: This is great. I hope you update more soon. LOL, I will. I?m working on chapter four right now.

I love what you've done with Jaina. I think she plays the big sister to Jacen and Anakin very well. :D Thanks!

The wizards are going to have something to say about the lightsabers and quick, but I'm giggling just thinking of Malfoy "accidentally" running into a lightsaber.

Now that?s a charming thought? :p

frankieskywalker: so they crashed in the weaslys back yard. great. will the next post have them at the hogwarts express Lol, no? not yet. :p :) Thanks for reading!

JagF: Landing at the Burrow eh? Well it looks like the three of them seem comfortable with the Weasly's. Yep. I can?t really see them being rejected by such a warm family, after all. :p

What's next for the three of them, maybe meeting Harry Potter or heading off to Hogwarts?

Not quite, you?ll see!

Diamond_Revelation: Oooh great update! I loved the interaction between Jaina and Jacen and the Weasley family! I can't wait to find out what happens when Jaina and Jacen get their Hogwarts letters!

::holds back a laugh::

You just wait? :p

Thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.