main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Wizards' School [YJK AU; HP/SW X-over (Year 1); Jaina, Jacen, Anakin] Hiatus?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Ooh, I've been waiting for someone to do an HP/SW x-over for so long! I'm loving this! You are doing a very nice job with this and I look forward to reading more. So, when's the next post?

2. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    can i get on the pm lis
    it is realy good so far

3. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    can i get on the pm lis
    it is realy good so far

4. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    This shouldn't be forgotten.

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I've finally had the chance to read this chapter, almost 2 weeks late.

I love seeing the Weasley's interactions with the Solo kids. Boy are all of them in for a big surprise when they learn the identity of the other. Great update!! =D= =D=

6. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Will there ever be another update?

Pleeeeeeeease?

7. Evil_Charity

Evil_Charity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    Wow, two of my favorite fandoms in one! Everything is great. I can't wait to see how the Solos will react to Harry, and Draco, and Hogwarts, and Hagrid, and Dumbledore, and...well, I just can't wait. :p

Can I be added to the PM list please?

E[face_good_luck]C

8. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    This isn't the only HP/SW crossover I've seen, but it's the most enjoyable so far. I hope to see more soon. Please don't leave us all hanging!

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Well, guys, good news. It took me a while to write the next chapter because I kept changing things and getting things mixed up. ::shakes head:: Silly me. Sometimes I can?t remember what I?m supposed to cut and what not to cut when I?m editing. :p

Anyways, I just got Chapter Four sent off to NYCitygurl, who?s my dear, dear beta for this particular project so I just have to wait until I get it back from her and then I?ll have it up as soon as possible. :)

[b]Jedi_Bubbles:[/b] [i] Ooh, I've been waiting for someone to do an HP/SW x-over for so long! I'm loving this![/i]

Awww, thanks! :) Glad you?re enjoying it!

[i]You are doing a very nice job with this and I look forward to reading more. So, when's the next post?[/i]

Thanks for reading! Always glad to have new readers. :D

The next post should be up in a few days or so. Hopefully.

[b]jedikatie26:[/b] [i] can i get on the pm lis[/i]

Yeah, sure. :)

[i]it is realy good so far[/i]

Thanks!

[b]LilyHobbitJedi:[/b] [i]I love seeing the Weasley's interactions with the Solo kids.[/i]

Hee hee, yeah, I LOVED writing that.

[i]Boy are all of them in for a big surprise when they learn the identity of the other.[/i]

LOL, yep.

[i]Great update!![/i]

Thanks!

[b]TigerofRobare:[/b] [i] Will there ever be another update?

Pleeeeeeeease?[/i]

Awww, yes there will be. I tend to update ever so slowly for the fics I?m more serious about. WCAV tends to go faster because a) it?s incredibly easy to write b) I?m doing my own betaing and c) it?s not a very serious fic at all and any continuity problems can always be incorporated in later as blame on the ?fan fic gods?. :p

[b]Evil_Charity:[/b] [i] Wow, two of my favorite fandoms in one![/i]

Hey, mine too! :p Big surprise. :p

[i]Everything is great. I can't wait to see how the Solos will react to Harry, and Draco, and Hogwarts, and Hagrid, and Dumbledore, and...well, I just can't wait.[/i]

Lol! I can?t wait either! :D

[i]Can I be added to the PM list please?[/i]

Sure!

[b]Darth_Marss:[/b] [i] This isn't the only HP/SW crossover I've seen, but it's the most enjoyable so far.[/i]

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Awww, thanks. :)

[i]I hope to see more soon. Please don't leave us all hanging![/i]

Tee hee. Would I do that? [face_mischief]

No worries, the next chapter will be up soon enough. :)

10. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Thank the Force, the wait is almost over.

You certainly go about this more professionally than I do. I write the story as I post.

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Okay, well, it's been a while, but I finally have the next chapter! :)

Enjoy!

[b]CHAPTER FOUR

School Letters[/b]

Life at the Burrow was vastly different from life on Coruscant or life at the Jedi Academy? or life anywhere in the Galaxy, for that matter. Every day was a great adventure, filled with new learning, laughs, jokes and an increasingly warmer acceptance from the Weasleys. At first, nearly everything came as a surprise or as the unexpected. Dishes cleaned themselves in the sink, gnomes raced around the garden, the chrono on the wall (which the Solo children soon learned was called a ?clock?) was enchanted to tell exactly where each member of the Weasley family was, thus the nine hands. Flowers bloomed at unexpected rates, letters and messages were sent by birds called owls, a mirror in the kitchen shouted insults at the passer-bys who looked into it, and they finally discovered that Muggles were non-magic people. It was a loud, buoyant house, and one that Jaina found much to her liking.

Jaina, Jacen and Anakin soon learned much about the Weasley family. Mr. Weasley was obsessed by electronic appliances used by Muggles (Jaina found his plug and screwdriver collections [i]very[/i] interesting) and he was overly curious about the [i]Falcon[/i], which Jaina had to firmly persuade him not to take apart and put back together. Mrs. Weasley was warm, kind and fussy about meals and made a great deal about washing their clothes. While Bill and Charlie were living away from home, the Solos heard a lot about them; they sounded interesting, especially Charlie and his career working with the fire-breathing lizards called Dragons. Percy was highly snobbish and overly pompous and his horn-rimmed glasses made him appear even more so. Fred and George were troublemakers, and were always up to something. Ron was shy at first, but gradually grew more and more talkative. Ginny was the adored baby of the family.

The Solo children were rapidly collection a list of words to replace the names of things they knew. Freshers were bathrooms or toilets; flimsiplast was either parchment (which Jaina did not like the feel of at all) or paper; there was no [i]real[/i] technology. Everything seemed to run on magic.

One of the many new things they were learning about was Quidditch. It was a sport ? the wizards? sport ? and more poplar here than Podracing was on Tatooine. It was played on broomsticks, and that was about as much information Jaina could get out of the Weasleys she could understand before they went off describing their favourite moves, their favourite teams (Ron?s was the Chudley Cannons ? the posters in his room were of that team), their favourite players, their favourite broomstick models. The Weasleys didn?t have any of the equipment necessary for a real game, but they did play on airborne brooms in the little grove where the [i]Falcon[/i] had crashed.

That grove was now empty. With much effort, Mr. Weasley had moved the [i]Falcon[/i] into the garage where he kept the only piece of real technology Jaina had seen on their property ? a transport called a car.

There were no more questions about where they had come from; there seemed to be a unanimous agreement between the three Solos and the seven Weasleys that they would not discuss their arrival and the world that they had come from until later ? much, much later.

It was a rather happy time for Jaina and her siblings. They spent their days in the warm embrace of the Weasleys, which was more than Jaina could ask for ? a real family.

The only one trouble was that her contact with the Force was receding. In a few private moments together, the children had discussed in quiet, worried tones what they were going to do. Jacen and Anakin both felt the Force going as well. They could still touch it, but it was growing ever more distant.

One sunny morning a week and a half after their arrival, a surprise came for Jaina, Jacen and Anakin. They were sitting at the kitchen table eating a breakfast of a food called porridge which all three of th

12. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Loved the commentary on our useless letters.

I love how well you've thought this crossover through. I'm truly impressed with the detail of your HP universe. The Weasleys are all great. Can't wait to see the school.

I loved Jaina throwing the paint on George. I hope they all learn to use the Force on Earth too. They have enough to worry about without that disappearing.

Keep up the great work. No apologies necessary. =D=

13. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Humph. Hooked on Phonics worked for me.

Great post! I loved the linguistics--it's such a neccasary yet often utterly overlooked detail.

Will the lightsabers work at Hogwarts? If so, I pity Snape.

I thought that Fred and George were a bit cruel when they made fun of the twins not being able to read the latin alphabet. I used to haf sum ov the same spehling problehms, but not any more!

I suppose there's a reason it's called Basic.

I liked that line about Jaina having to disuade Mr. Weasley from taking the Falcon apart. Han and Chewie would not like that.

Great update. Well worth the wait. (I hope that's as long as we ever have to wait.)

14. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    great update

15. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Great chapter Idrelle I thought the language stuff was really interesting! As an English speaker I forget how illogical it is sometimes!

I can't wait to find out what Jacen and Jaina make of Snape and vice versa! ;)

Poor Anakin having to wait behind - I am sure trouble of some kind will catch up with him though!

Looking forward to the next chapter!

16. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Anakin crossed his arms. ?I?m an exception,? he said stubbornly.

hahaha, he would think so ;)

The wizarding alphabet, in their view, was rather odd. For instance, take the letter ?C?. Jaina didn?t find that it was a very necessary letter. In the writing system she had learned, a letter that matched up with ?C? didn?t exist. The hard ?C? sound in the wizarding alphabet was basically the same as their hard ?K?. The soft ?C? sound wasn?t necessary either ? an ?S? would fit in there perfectly.

those stupid C's :p

The children nodded mutely in unison and then ended up begging for poor Mrs. Weasley to show them what Roman numerals were.

haha, oh man, that's another lesson all together. Poor Mrs. Weasley!!

besides, Ginny will be here.?

aw man. Now don't you be forgetting about Tahiri, Anakin [face_shame_on_you]

That was a very fun and interesting chapter. I'm looking forward to see them go to Hogwarts :)

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    padawanlost: Loved the commentary on our useless letters.

[face_laugh] Glad you thought so. At first, I didn't have it but then Nat made the suggestion when she was betaing and I am so glad she did. I had to resist myself from going into my sister's room to bring out all of her lingustic books! (She's doing a minor in lingustics at university along with her major in Health Science). I really wanted to though... but I don't know how she'd react if I broke into her room at midnight!

I love how well you've thought this crossover through. I'm truly impressed with the detail of your HP universe. The Weasleys are all great. Can't wait to see the school.

Thanks! Detailing isn't much of a problem for me -- I love details! I see no reason why I shouldn't take the time at the beginning and put in the details, especially of the Solo children learning about the HP universe. That's one of the reasons why I sent them to the Weasleys first -- what better family to take them in before they get wrapped up in school and Voldemort and dark magic and all those lovely things. :p

And besides, I love the Weasleys.

I loved Jaina throwing the paint on George. I hope they all learn to use the Force on Earth too. They have enough to worry about without that disappearing.

[face_laugh]

Before I started writing, I decided that I had to figure out the relationship the Force has with Magic. I really like the relationship I came up with for it -- but I'm not saying what it is yet! ;) But in this chapter, it was crucial that Jaina realizes that it's not merely disappearing and that she can reach it. I decided to make her use of it spontaneous, so she wasn't really thinking about what she was doing. It's sort of a psycological thing -- if you believed it was disappearing, wouldn't that be enough to make it really disappear?

Okay, where was I going with this?

Keep up the great work. No apologies necessary.

Thanks! :D

TigerofRobare: Humph. Hooked on Phonics worked for me.

[face_laugh]

Great post! I loved the linguistics--it's such a neccasary yet often utterly overlooked detail.

I thought so too. I first thought of it when I was planning this fic and I was rereading LotR at the same time. I started thinking of it thanks to Tolkien, and then I remembered one shot from RotJ that has always stayed in my mind. It's when Luke is flying in his X-wing away from Tatooine after rescuing Han and he's talking to R2 and you see the screen that transmits R2's words just for a second and it's all symbols and nothing that we can read. The same symbols return when Piett is looking at the screen when the rebels fly to Endor and have to indentify themselves to the Empire.

That's when I decided -- why not? After all, an alphabet is just symbols that represent the sounds of a language, so why can't Basic be written in something different than the Latin alphabet? :D

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'm glad that you really liked it!

Will the lightsabers work at Hogwarts? If so, I pity Snape.

Tee hee... you shall see. :)

I thought that Fred and George were a bit cruel when they made fun of the twins not being able to read the latin alphabet. I used to haf sum ov the same spehling problehms, but not any more!

LOL! Well, I've always seen Fred and George with a bit of a cruel streak in them for some reason. But that doesn't stop me from loving their characters. :) Anyways, I can't really see them missing a chance like that to make fun of someone and pull a joke.

I suppose there's a reason it's called Basic.

LOL! True, true.

I liked that line about Jaina having to disuade Mr. Weasley from taking the Falcon apart. Han and Chewie would not like that.

You bet!

Great update. Well worth the wait. (I hope that's as long as we ever have to wait.)

Umm... well. Just be glad that it probably won't be as long as my readers of TTA have to wait sometimes. I can go for months before I post anything on that one... usuall

18. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Ha, loved the ridiculousness of the alphabet.

Great update.

19. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    poor Anakin. Great update!

20. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Please, I want more....

21. TigerofRobare

Jan 11, 2006
    Bizarely enough, I learned Roman numerals from watching the Star Wars movies.

22. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    What a fun update! I loved the language analysis :p It's so true... the english langauge can be quite ridiculous sometimes.

Poor Anakin and Ginny stuck behind while the others get to go off and have adventures at Hogwarts...

I can't wait to see what Jaina and Jacen make of Hogwarts once their actually there.

It's all so good, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next post when you get it up!

jcs

23. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    That was interesting, Idri. Poor Anakin ... I hope he has some good times with Ginny. :(

24. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Wow, I don't usually go for crossovers, but this ROCKS!!! I loved the whole alphabet part. Could you add me to the pm list? Thanx.

~Kass~

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    princess_of_naboo: Ha, loved the ridiculousness of the alphabet. Tee hee, great!

Great update.

Thanks!

jasa: Yeah, poor Anakin. At least it?s only for a year. :) Thanks for reading!

Darth_Marrs: Thanks for reading! I?m working on the next chapter, but things are kind of slow right now because I?m going to music camp soon.

TigerofRobare: Bizarely enough, I learned Roman numerals from watching the Star Wars movies.

Really? Lol, how odd.

jaina_clan_solo: What a fun update! I loved the language analysis

Yay, glad you liked it! I had a fun time coming up with it? in fact, while I was visiting my grandparents at their country cottage I drew up a complete Basic alphabet. It was then that I realized that I really did need to add ?qu? to the list of ?th? ?cr? and the rest. :p

It's so true... the english langauge can be quite ridiculous sometimes.

Very. My sister?s and my Chinese friends like to make fun of english a lot. And they like to make fun of french too.

Poor Anakin and Ginny stuck behind while the others get to go off and have adventures at Hogwarts...

Yeah, poor them. But don?t worry, we?ll still be hearing from them.

I can't wait to see what Jaina and Jacen make of Hogwarts once their actually there.

Tee hee!

It's all so good, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next post when you get it up!

That?ll probably be during the week my school starts in September since I?m leaving for music camp on Saturday.

Thanks for reading!

Mirax_Corran:[/b[ That was interesting, Idri. Thanks!

Poor Anakin ... I hope he has some good times with Ginny.

Oh, they?ll find something to do.

Jedi_Kassandra: Wow, I don't usually go for crossovers, but this ROCKS!!!

Awwwww, thanks so much!

I loved the whole alphabet part.

LOL, it seems most people do! :D

Could you add me to the pm list? Thanx.

Yeah, sure, no probs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.