main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The WNU Interview Thread!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Khalia Octa, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Do you like kittens?

What's your favorite dinosaur?

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I love all animals inclusing kittens.

My favorite Dinosaur is Barney, err Godzilla, I mean Velociraptor.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Do you not like the Carnotaurus or maybe the Ankylosaurus?

Do you like the game Cricket?

Khalia Octa likes this.
  4. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Do you have a favorite board game?
    Favorite name?
    Favorite Jedi?
    What color would your lightsaber be?
    Are you familiar with Greek mythology?

@Bazinga'd

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I have no idea what either of those animals are so I am unable to comment.

Yes, I enjoy watching the game, when its on here in the States.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Adalia-Durron and Khalia Octa like this.
  6. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Do you have a favorite board game?

Yes as stated above its Chess and backgammon is a close second

Favorite name?

Can you clarify, this could mean a lot of things.

Favorite Jedi?

Luke

What color would your lightsaber be?

Black Blade with a white hilt.

Are you familiar with Greek mythology?

I am familiar with some Greek Mythology but am in no way an expert.

7. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Like, favorite boy name and favorite girl name?

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Bazinga'd

Have you ever been to national parks/historic sites in the U.S.? Which did you enjoy the most?

In school, did you enjoy/excel at math & science?

Tython Awakening and Khalia Octa like this.
  9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Like, favorite boy name and favorite girl name?

Never really thought about it. Its somewhat shallow to judge a person by a name.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Have you ever been to national parks/historic sites in the U.S.? Which did you enjoy the most?

I am a Civil War History buff so any civil war battlefield or momument is on the top of my list. Also like Yellowstone.

In school, did you enjoy/excel at math & science?

My first major in college was Electrical Engineering, so the answer would be yes.

11. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    So you don't have any names that you like more than others? :p

Also, are you good at singing?
    Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant?
    How did you get into Star Wars? (if this has been asked before, ignore it, sorry)

@Bazinga'd

12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    So you don't have any names that you like more than others? :p

Correct. OK, Barry White and Thurgood are sweet sounding names.

Also, are you good at singing?

Hell No.

Have you ever worked at a fast food restaurant?

Nope

How did you get into Star Wars? (if this has been asked before, ignore it, sorry)

My aunt took me to see ANH in May 1977, (not opening day however) and the rest is history.

13. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    And that brings this interview to a close, thank you for being willing to be interviewed @Bazinga'd! :cool:
    Skipping @teamhansolo due to DRL stuff, next up we have............. @Darth Kronos!!!! =D==D==D==D==D=

How did you find the JCF?

How did you come up with your username?

Favourite SW era?

And because I can't help myself.... :p
    Do you like kittens?

What is your favourite dinosaur?

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Darth Kronos

Favorite season of the year?

Place(s) you really want to travel to?

Favorite SW character?

Favorite SW movie/story arc?

LOL Do you like puppies? ;)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Khalia Octa and Darth Kronos like this.
  15. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    I don't remember, tbh. I probably got bored one day and decided to search "Star Wars forums" on Google. I imagine this was the first result that popped up, and I joined soon after.

Probably a typical story. :p

If anyone here has seen the YouTube videos by those "Versus" people (they pit two or more Star Wars characters against each other, discuss each of their advantages and disadvantages, and then decide a winner), then you might know of a fairly popular questionnaire that spread throughout that side of YouTube. The questionnaire wanted to know what my Sith name would be if I were to have one, and I chose something that sounded sinister and cool, while also sounding unique. The name "Kronos" stuck, mainly because of my interest in the Percy Jackson series.

I don't know if I have a favorite, mainly because I like each era for different reasons.

The Prequel Trilogy era is interesting, and it has a lot of storytelling potential. Someone could do something really creative and unique if they wanted to, but, unfortunately, this era has been left largely unexplored so far. The OT and ST eras are being explored more deeply. Which is fine, but I'd like to see more PT era content, ya know?

The Original Trilogy era is my favorite in terms of the films, but I think it has been extremely overexplored, especially the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. I'd like to see something different, timeline-wise.

The Sequel Trilogy era is still developing, so, like with the PT era, I'd like more exploration. And, thankfully, I'm getting that with Episode IX, The Mandalorian, and Resistance. The politics of this era has been largely unexplained, with tidbits revealed from books, Resistance, and small moments in the films. This is unlike the other two eras, which have more information about the larger scope of the galaxy, and I'm interested to learn about the political landscape of this era before The Force Awakens.

So, the PT era for its creative and unique storytelling potential, the OT era for the films themselves, and the ST era for more knowledge the larger political landscape of the galaxy.

Definitely. :p

They're some of the greatest animals of all time, and they super goddamn adorable. [face_love]

Velociraptors. They're the coolest dinosaurs, and I want to own an entire pack of them (if I was guaranteed safety from them, lol).

Winter. I love the weather, specifically the snow, the holidays, my birthday, and it's home to a new Star Wars film release (most of the time :p).

Probably one of the big cities like Chicago or New York. I might want to go out-of-country and visit someplace like Europe. I'm not much of a traveler.

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!

Seriously, it's too hard for me to choose only one favorite character, so here's a list of some characters I love: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, Finn, Rey, Poe Dameron, and Kylo Ren/Ben Solo.

The Empire Strikes Back. It raises the stakes, like any good sequel should do, but it also deepens the characters by separating them for most of the runtime. We see who Han, Luke, and Leia are as people before they reunite with one another.

I love puppies! What kind of person doesn't love puppies?!

16. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    @Darth Kronos

Who's your favorite AoS character? (I know you've told me before but I forget, lol)
    What's your favorite wild animal?
    What's the sickest you've ever been?
    What's your favorite book?
    Doesn't Hawkeye deserve all the love and attention????????
    Do you like Marvel or Star Wars better? (or what do you like about each?)
    What's your favorite color?
    Do you prefer writing with pencils, pens, or typing?
    What was your favorite show/movie when you were little?
    What's your favorite place that you've been to?
    Geez, am I crazy, why have I just asked ten questions?????????????? 8-}

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Darth Kronos

Have you ever been in an RPG? If so, what was the most fun part?

Pancakes or waffles, and what do you like on top?

When you write, do you need complete peace and quiet?

Favorite dessert?

18. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    ...nobody ever asked me how I picked my username [face_thinking]

Khalia Octa likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! I noticed that. So how did you? :D

Khalia Octa and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  20. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Haha, sorry to interrupt ur interview, Kronos, but... it's the name of a song from the Greatest Showman, which I like, but I really chose it because it's like a kinda reminder not to be afraid of how people are gonna judge me, cuz it doesn't really matter, and to just be myself. Kinda stupid, I know, but yeah, that's how :p And we all know where the 1138 comes from...

21. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Fitz and Simmons. Yes, they're tied. I have reasons, but I don't want to spoil anything for you, so I'll stay silent.

The wolf? It's a bit like a velociraptor. At least, the velociraptor from my CHILDHOOD.

So, yeah.

The wolf.

Go wolves.

You're welcome, Dave Filoni. <3

It's been several years, but probably one of the times when I was vomiting. Also, I vividly remember getting a massive headache at one point (which are fairly common for me, but this was was unbearable). Over time, that developed into something else, where I had multiple red spots on my chest, and I think that was a specific type of fever or flu. Don't feel like Googling. :p

I don't know. Probably one of the Harry Potter books.

I've been slowly reading through the current canon Star Wars novels, and I've enjoyed most of them. Lost Stars and Leia: Princess of Alderaan were both fantastic books that broke me emotionally (Leia much less so, but still). Unfortunately, I haven't read Bloodline yet. I also loved Thrawn and the Rogue One novelization. Thrawn was an interesting tale about his origin story, and I enjoyed the Eli Vanto character a lot. He was one of my favorite characters in the book, second only to Thrawn himself. The Rogue One novelization, I think, was better than the actual film. It developed the characters far better, and it cemented the idea that they worked better when we could know their inner thoughts.

I can't choose, lol. I'm not an avid reader. :p

YES. HE'S JUST A SIMPLE FAMILY MAN TRYING TO MAKE HIS WAS IN THE UNIVERSE, DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE HIM.

I prefer Star Wars over Marvel, mainly because I got into that franchise before the other.

Honestly, though, I love both franchises for similar reasons. To me, character and properly developing one is the most important attribute of a film, and I think both franchises succeed in this aspect. Through the multiple films that have been released in each franchise, I've grown to love the characters, and, as such, I feel emotionally invested in their journeys and their eventual conclusions.

Woot woot!

Green. It's just always appealed to me.

Definitely typing. My handwriting sucks ass, so I will type any assignment I can.

Zathura? I remember loving the **** out of that movie when I was younger, and I still do to this day. It's honestly one of my favorite films of all time.

The St. Louis museum? Yeah, sure. When I first went there, I thought it was an actual museum, but I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that it was basically an indoor park. There was tons of **** to climb on, and the place was at its best whenever you didn't know where you were going.

WHY ARE YOU SO INQUISITIVE, BUT ALSO THANK YOU, I LOVE QUSTIONS.

Yeah, I've been in a few, but the only active one is The New Sith Trials. I love the collaborative effort it takes to write the story, and my favorite part about roleplaying is creating my own character and developing them throughout the game.

I hope to eventually branch off into the fan fiction section, but I need a story first. :p

Waffles. I like their crunchiness. And of course syrup goes on top. I'm not insane. :cool:8-}

No. Actually, when things get completely silent, I suddenly hear an incessant ringing noise in my ear, and I find myself needing to turn on something that makes noise just to drown out the ringing.

Oreo Blizzard.

Hell yeah. :cool::cool::cool:

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite show growing up?

What is your dream car?

Favorite musical instrument?

High/low points of "Solo"? :D

Khalia Octa likes this.
  23. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Darth Kronos ;)

Your go to dish to cook?

Which food will take over the world?

Do you know any good jokes? :p

What would be the title of your biography?

24. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars? It's the show I most fondly remember, and I still watch it to this day.

I'm not the type of person who cares about cars, so I don't have an answer. Sorry. :-(

The piano or guitar. I like how they sound, and they're the instruments I would most want to play.

Highs:
    - Alden Ehrenreich's performance as Han Solo. He made the role his own without simply doing an imitation of Harrison Ford, and, at the end of the day, that was one of my biggest worries about the performance. Luckily, it was unwarranted.
    - Donald Glover's performance as Lando Calrissian, though to a lesser extent. Unlike Ehrenreich, Donald Glover seemed to be impersonating Billy Dee Williams rather than making the role his own. Despite that, he still carried a ton of charisma, and I liked the fun, semi-friendly banter between the two characters.
    - It was a smaller-scale story. Every other Star Wars film focused on the larger-scale conflict in the galaxy, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I found Solo's focus on the criminal underworld to be refreshing. Sure, they shoehorn in an ignited lightsaber and references to the larger Rebellion just for the sake of it, and I found that eyerolling, but the majority of the film was smaller-scale.

Lows:
    - The secondary characters, specifically Rio and Val. They're portrayed by talented actors, but they're utterly wasted in roles that leave no lasting impact. They're introduced, they stay for a little while, and then they suddenly die. These characters weren't well developed, and I couldn't have cared less when they died.
    - Though the scale of the story was refreshing, it was the opposite in virtually every other way. The entire film, like Rogue One, felt like a nostalgia check list rather than a story someone truly had passion for.

I don't cook often, lol. I guess eggs?

Tacos. Duh...

My existence...

"How to Fail at Life"

Khalia Octa and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  25. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Darth Kronos

What's the best holiday?

Do you have any strange traditions?

What's the weirdest thing you've eaten/drunk?

If you could time travel, where would you go and what would you do?

Darth Kronos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.