main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The WNU Interview Thread!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Khalia Octa, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Why do you think that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
  3. Twilek_Aide

Twilek_Aide Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Character creation, I can do and I can create fantasy worlds. I’ve done so in quizzes. I can create little scenes here and there with dialogue. But dialogue progress and plot progress are my weakest areas in writing. I cannot write novel length stories. I haven’t really tried writing short stories, my first attempt wasn’t great. It’s been eight years since I last wrote a poem. The last time I tried writing a proper story was in 2002. I’ve been in writer’s block for years and years. Though I’m still able to role play and write creative articles. It’s been months now since I last touched my fanfiction. What does that tell you?

My ideas lean less on the core element of Star Wars and more on what happens to one family after the war has finished. In the nice little bubble of happily ever after. Peace, love, family life, family arguments, corrupt family members, feminine characters as well as feminist characters or a halfway split of both in the same person, family drama, murder, secrets, gossip, mysteries, conspiracy theories, annoying teenagers, lots of culture and culture clashes. Basically the exact themes of my fanfiction. Which is the point. What I want can only be obtained in fanfiction. Taking the “war” out of Star Wars or lessening it at least.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Khalia Octa and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  4. Twilek_Aide

Apr 21, 2002
    If I was on the creative team, I’d completely ignore the sequels and lock Rey and Kylo Ren up in a vault. I’d bring the old legends back as canon. Bring back the familiar aliens and unique worlds before the Clone Wars changed them. I’d stop them from spending a ridiculous amount of time on Wookiee culture and religion depth when only a few characters were in the wider galaxy. Whereas the second most common species in the galaxy; Twi’lek, have plenty of characters in the wider galaxy but their culture and religion lacks richness and depth. Which is why quite a few fans including myself have written their own versions to help role players and other fanfiction writers.
    Here’s some examples;
    https://starwarsbookshelf.tumblr.com/RylynMeta
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-secret-world-of-twilek-culture-au-ocs.50051021/
    http://twileklore.nimanet.org/
    http://web.archive.org/web/20070702013229/www.peach-tree.org/Ryloth/TwiInfo/TwiHistory.htm
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads...es-dear-diary-chlg-ocs-l-m-complete.25900097/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  5. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Have you ever done any professional writing?

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  6. Twilek_Aide

Apr 21, 2002
    Nope, just writing for my pleasure and fandom pleasure. At one time I wanted to publish my nine chapter novel. A freelance writer took a look at it. He said it was very far from getting published and it needed a lot of work. He said a publisher would reject it immediately. I was a teenager when I wrote that. It was the first full story I had ever written. I couldn’t bare the thought of changing it because it was my baby. It was part of my college memories. So I stuck to pleasure writing.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Nehru_Amidala and DarthIshyZ like this.
  7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    So you wouldn’t try again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Twilek_Aide

Apr 21, 2002
    Maybe if my writing improved overtime in ten or twenty years time. But otherwise nope,

I have request - for the last questions (if there’s time left), please can you change the theme to something other then writing? Like; ice cream flavour, favourite chocolate, favourite colours, a top 10 list of favourite twi’lek characters etc.

9. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Twilek_Aide, sorry but there's not really time left ;) Thank you for being interviewed!

We currently don't have any other interviewees lined up, so if you are interested just PM me :)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Twilek_Aide

Apr 21, 2002
    No problem. You’re welcome and I was hoping that would be the case. I enjoyed the interview but the questions on writing were beginning to annoy me.

Khalia Octa likes this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  12. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME! I got caught up in school, forgot to PM those!! :oops::p

And the next interview will be starting possibly tomorrow :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  13. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    And we're back up and running! @Adalia-Durron has been interviewed before, but I'm sure we all have more questions for her ;) Once she has answered the following questions the floor is open for anyone else to ask.

What three words would you use to describe yourself?

What costume would you love to create?

What Disney animated movie would you want to see a live-action version of?

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hmmmm, Me? Ego stroking here.......... Gutsy, Outgoing, Loving. (can add chocoholic as a special weakness)

Costume? I have my X Wing costume, and took me years to put it together, its more I want the young healthy body to go in it!!! Anyone willing to donate theirs?

None of them!! Having had seen the Lion King, I think NONE should be done like that. You can't recreate the expressions, the looks etc from Live action. Its just wrong. Then again.............wait........Technically Rebels is Disney.............LET ME TAKE THAT BACK!!! I'd pay good money to see REBELS in Live Action!! [face_love]

Ok you lot, bring it on!

Khalia Octa likes this.
  15. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    *paces back and forth after putting a strong, hot light on her*
    You have been accused of having dark side leanings in the past! Confess! When and what were the circumstances? And why did you turn your back on the true path?

TALK, DAMN YOU!

And, there's a squirrel who swears to have knowledge of such.

PCCViking, Khalia Octa and Sarge like this.
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    *Darby O'Gill materializes out of thin air* "No squirrels!"
    *He disappears just as suddenly, leaving behind no sign of his presence, save for the faint scent of Irish whiskey"

My random sense of humor strikes again.

Do you even know what I'm talking about?

Sarge, Khalia Octa and DarthIshyZ like this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Is amused at the amount of energy he is wasting............and pleased by the warm lamp as its cold here........

The Dark Lords and Ladies of the JCC were a long defunct group formed here in the past. I was taken under the wing of one of the Leaders of the group, to be honest a really amazing guy I went to the US and actually met and spent a few days with him and the other group leader, a lady who was also amazing. They met when the met me...........I believe, and don't quote me, they have been a couple ever since ;) Their training was Dark but not Sith........I also learned a lot about how the boards worked, about friendship, trust and how to be a moderator. Yes, they taught me that. The group left the boards, and for a time I went with them, trying to keep my toe in both ponds, but eventually the interest there died........and I came home like a wayward teen who ran away to be with the current love of her life. Live and learn. Whilst their teaching did feed me in many ways, I felt the light was more to my liking. I was raised selfless, my parents gave when they could and I was raised the same, so the 'take' and 'me' attitude wasn't to my liking. Not to mention having 'Sith brothers' who thought outright flirting was cool with a 'sister' THERE'S A LINE DUDE!! :p

You know where the squirrel is? Now that's interesting..... [face_thinking]

NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST!!!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    What is the easiest and also the most frustrating thing about role playing?

You make writing scenes of starfighter battles look extremely easy. What's the secret? ;) =D=

If you could GM a roleplay, what would your game be?

Do you see Kyp Durron as in a "gray area", Jedi wise, as someone who is on the brink, or do you see him as being like Luke, stronger and more grounded in the Lightside? :*

Do you find Sequel Trilogy Luke as being a total departure of the Luke we saw in the OT and EU Legends/ :eek: :rolleyes:

Khalia Octa likes this.
  19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    1. Easiest? Amber/Adalia are me......so I write me.........welcome to my night mare and that is what makes it easy and tough all in one.

2. I DO? :eek: I have a secret pinboard with little cut out ships and pins and colours and yes, I am the saddest old lady around. I'd be a freaking awesome Grandma!!

3. Yes, hell yes. He's a bad boy, but with a good heart.......isn't that what all us girls want?

4. Yes, but its Star Wars and that is all that matters to me.......... [face_love]

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Can I ask questions too? :D

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Looks concerned.............

Yes?

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    5. After Kyp, who is your next favourite Star Wars character?

6. What other franchises do you obsess about to the same extent as Star Wars?

7. What is the one thing that stands out the most about the franchise since you joined it?

8. Did you once think of quitting Star Wars following the reboot?

9. You have only recently picked up Legacy of the Force. What was it about Dark Nest which pushed you away from Legends somewhat?

10. Kyp Durron acquired an unspecified love interest in Legacy of the Force, what would you do if it was canonised in a later Legends production that his wife was (albeit eventually) Adalia Durron?

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    5. Luke [face_love]

6. Nothing ..........I do love Stargate and Star Trek.....but not even close to this.

7. The people. I have met the most wonderful and creative and imaginative people ever. Some have become part of my life even! ie Son in law and sister in law!!!

8. Not once. Its in my blood, my soul. Will be at my funeral!

9. BORING!! It was like wading through mud up to your knees......if I wanted to sleep, that's what I'd read.

10. Die extremely happy.............cause it means SOMEONE OUT THERE HEARD ME...............although last Monday I had a personal birthday wish from Kevin J Anderson........he knows I exist..........the wheels are in motion! LOL Time is all we need now! :D

24. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Hmmm... "No flirting", huh?
    *puts away the next question*
    What's your go-to curse word?

Have you always lived in Australia? Would you want to live anywhere else?

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I am not allowed to say my fav curse word here.......... [face_blush] having a teen in the house, it comes out all too often......

I was born in Melbourne, so yes? No, there is no where on earth I'd rather be, Australia is my home. ;)

No flirting? Who said that? o_O:rolleyes:[face_dunno];) It was the whole 'Hey Sis........' WRONG!!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.