main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The WNU Interview Thread!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Khalia Octa, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What's the first letter? We can suss out the rest, I'm sure.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    No.........no no no..........not going there.

3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016

Here's some of their actual music.

Adalia-Durron and DarthIshyZ like this.
  4. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Speaking of that... what's your favorite strange music?

darthbernael likes this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Strange music? Define Strange?

Love Sabaton - only recently became a fan and I'm told thats not usual for my age.

But This has to be the best song in the world....

6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    My dad has a 45 of Inna Gadda Da Vida- the whole 20 minute cut. That is the weirdest song, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite scne in the OT and EU novels?

If you could have rewritten the NJO, what would you change?

Adalia-Durron and Khalia Octa like this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OT? Always loved Luke watching the Twin Sun sets, classic stuff.

EU? On Dathomir - After living in semi-exile in the desert while searching her dreams and looking for a husband to kidnap, she came across Luke Skywalker - GOLD. "Wait, you can't just take men for..........." ;)

MORE KYP of course you knew I was going to say that!!! :p

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Waits for the big questions..............but figures no one has anything for her.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Why is Kyp Dutton so attractive, in your opinion?

Ava G. and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Bad boy with a good heart, pushes the envelope with rules and is sarcastic, and I like that as I am VERY sarcastic in real life, so I get it and understand it, and I love longer hair on guys...........love love it. TMI!! TMI!!! TMI!!! [face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush]

12. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Who are your top 3 Golden Age of Science Fiction authors?

Why them?

What about their writing do you think may have influenced your own?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Ava G. and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    never read 'Golden Age of Sci Fi Books, Im an Aussie - we're heathens!!

Sci Fi Authors though.....

Aaron Alliston, Kevin J Anderson, Sean Williams

Aaron wrote the best Rogue Squadron books, Kevin create Kyp, and Sean, because I've met him so many times and he teaches at the local University my daughter attends! He's a Brussell Sprout freak!! And I love that he is proud of that [face_love]

Aaron may have, he was amazing. I do love Kevin's style as well but pretty sure I ain't a patch on anyone........not even a word close.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  14. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    @Adalia-Durron

Are you more of a creative or analytical person?

What book/book series (SW & non-SW) would you like to see made into a movie?

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Ava G. like this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Creative by far, I don't analyse anything!!! :p

I read a series of 'historical romance' novel 20 years ago and they were all intertwined. First one was about the oldest of three sons, and his little brother is like 9, went through 7 books, his cousin, other brother, his best friend and so forth over the years till the last one was about the little brother who was now 25. I loved the connections and the character appearing in each book. Author was Shirley Busbee - no title to them all, but I loved them. I loaned the set to my then sister in law, who without permission (and my name in each novel) proceeded to sell them at a garage sale. I saved one but they are out of print now. Never quite forgave her, but she's not my sister in law anymore so maybe that's a good thing ;)

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

16. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    @Adalia-Durron

You've written several fan-fics both here, and at the Galactic Center, which characters were your favorites to write, and also which scenes did you also have the most fun with?

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Addy, have you considered this option when it comes time to decide who inherits your SW collection?

[​IMG]

PCCViking, LAJ_FETT and Ava G. like this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Some were easier than others. The better I knew them by talking to them, the easier they were to write. Adam was fun, so straight laced personally, so throwing a lady who made her intentions very clear at him gave me a good laugh. I struggled with the Trio, they were so clever, and I never felt I did them justice. I re read a piece recently with Josch and Kyp, that gave me the best laugh ever, two force users who were after the same woman and were supposed to work together. The jibes were funny, I can't ever remember being that clever! It was a long time ago, so its hard to remember well.
    Two major cabinets in my family room, each of my childrens names on the back of them. Daughter said "Just gonna sell it mum" Son said "will treasure it" So I went through and put all the good stuff in his cabinet...........she's gonna be so disappointed. Wait, was that a Sith move?

19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    [Palpatine] Good... gooood! [/Palpatine]

What sound or noise do you love?
    What sound or noise do you hate?

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I love birds in the morning, waking and chirping, have a few birds inside and I love it when they are all singing.

I hate birds who have no body clock, for stars sake someone tell the magpie outside my window its freaking 3am and his mating call is being ignored by all female birds in a 10 kiilometer radius, but he might find himself at the end of one of my gumboots soon when I toss it!!! [face_devil] Also nails on a blackboard.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OK @Khalia Octa - people are bored of me again! :p It happens a lot!! TIME TO MOVE TO THE NEXT...VICTIM and believe me after his last move in RPG, he deserves this one!!!

Sinrebirth and Khalia Octa like this.
  22. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    The the Purple Mod with the Purple Text has spoken, up next is @Sinrebirth!!

How did you come up with your username?

Why don't you inform us (for those who don't know) what you did to Addie in this roleplay? :p

Once Sinrebirth has answered these questions the table is open for anyone else ;)

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *chuckles*

Back when I joined in 2004, my favourite game was Final Fantasy X. We followed a world that was trapped by a sorcerer who resurrected a monster every ten years or so after a summoner completed the pilgrimage to destroy the monster. Said sorcerer managed to trap the world because he created a religion which blamed technology for the monsters return, and named the monster Sin - telling everyone that the monster only returned because of their sins. Sometimes he sorcerer would even let Sin return after more than a decade to imply the people had been good, and then he returned a bit later to start the cycle again.

Ten millennia later...

The symbolism of a recurring monster being anointed Sin, it resonated with me; thus, Sin’s Rebirth, thus, Sinrebirth.

And as to the game....

Hey! We all need a good hook to rope us in. Aden and Adalia completely falling out is a fun story for you to work out... and panic about. I mean, there is a Dark Lord of the Sith running around but yeah. Worry about Aden.

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oi! You control Jacen as well, that's where my..................something..........somewhere.............wait..........who are you? Where am I? [face_dunno]8-}

Do you find being a Game Master of so many games Confusing?

How many RL Friends have you made from these boards?

Do you call them by their board names or their real names?

How has being a board member so long affected your life?

Are you a loud and proud SW Fan or is it all covert?

25. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Ahhh, , @Sinrebirth,

Here's a couple.

What SW, Canon or Legends, book, comic, movie, show, or movie have you not read or seen?

Of those many that you have read or seen, what did you consider the most disappointing and why?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.