main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The WNU Interview Thread!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Khalia Octa, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I love all the films, but I was most disappointed by TLJ. My most fav is ESB. I’m one of those oldies that saw every film when it was released in the theatres, most on opening night.

I’ve always loved Thrawn and the legends novels featuring him are awesome. Perhaps observing art gave him the inner peace to make the best choices in battle? I like that he’s an art aficionado.

Well, the three boards you list are now much less active than they were back when I was new. :(

My favorite foods are anything my hubs prepares! If I’m going out i love to have Japanese, sushi, or Mexican.

Best emoji? Definitely:p

I like to think I’m creative. It seems that I go through phases where I sew a lot and do art quilts, and I enjoy working on my daughter’s costumes. She’s a dancer and I made quite a few through the years. Next week we are going to be traveling for new choreography - that means I get to design new costumes! :)

I’m very fond of Ziost, but I’m pretty sure my character would just invite Coruscant and claim it as her own.

Can I just have Legends made canon? :p That’s my one change, but if not then I guess just give me Jaina.

Why Sith? Well, Jedi are way too stuffy and strict. :p I prefer the passion of the Sith...and there’s cookies.

I have never been to a Celebration, but meeting a friend from the board in person is always a mini-Celebration.

I haven’t met any of the SW authors.

Other fandoms I enjoy are: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Outlander.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    @Lady Belligerent ;)

Which country/ies do you want to visit?

Sum up the JCF in 3 words

What SW character would you dress up as for a celebration?

Favourite SW quote?

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Lady Belligerent

Do you like the ocean, lakes/rivers, or mountains?

Do you love shellfish? ;)

How do you feel about H/L, where they've been, and how you see them as a couple, after ROTJ?

Favorite scene in ESB? :D

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    How do you deal with the skin issues often associated with the dark side?!?

Has it aged you?

Do you wan to overthrow and kill Sinrebirth like a good Sith?

Sent from my data pad in my private quarters.

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Scotland, Ireland, and France.

It’s not easy to come of with three words to sum up the JCF that are allowed. Hmmm
    “It’s a trap!”

I’d do a Dark Lady for sure, probably Lumiya or a dark Jaina Solo.

My favorite quote currently is probably, “I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

I like all of those, but I enjoy the view. I’m not a watersports fan and I avoid very much sun exposure.

Yes, I like shellfish.

I really like the H/L in the Legends novels best. Their ups and downs through tragedy and then recovery is much better portrayed in those novels.

They’re great at the end of RotJ, but I do not like how in TFA they were living apart. In fact I was downright heartbroken by it.

Fav ESB quote -
    Luke - “I’m not afraid.”
    Yoda - “Oh, you will be. You will be.”

I have ivory skin, so I just use plenty of moisturizer with high spf.

It’s not aged me one bit. :D

Overthrow @Sinrebirth ? I’m not fully prepared to reveal my plans...

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Lady Belligerent -- definitely agree 100% on the H/L.

LOL! Dare I ask? [face_shhh] What's your opinion about Jag, with and without being paired with Jaina?

Do you believe Luke deserves someone like Mara? [face_laugh] Or do you feel his journey as a Jedi should be a solitary one? [face_thinking]

7. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    sup

are you going to (knock knock) let the devil in

Prime Jedi likes this.
  8. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Lady Belligerent ;)

If you could design a SW planet, what would you name it and what would it look like?

Favourite board/card game?

Have you met anyone from the forums?

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I adore Jag and I love him paired with Jaina, but if he’s not then he should just remain solo. They’re such a perfect couple and I love the banter between them, it’s very Han and Leia like at times. He’s an awesome character alone and I about lost it when he fell off the radar in DNT :_| Thank the maker he survived, because I might have walked away for good.

Luke needs someone like a Mara, otherwise he’s an old hermit acting angry and depressed, and living on a crappy island in the middle of no where...wait.

I’d name it Belligerent and it would be a total paradise.

I like to play Betrayal at the House on the Hill, but we haven’t had time to play it in a long time. Secret Hitler is fun too, and we have made our own factions and characters to keep it fresh and funny.

Yes, I’ve met a few people from the boards. :) My husband is one. :p

Hey @Darth Kronos , sure let the devil in, maybe he’s a SW fan.

10. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    This will be the last day (possibly two because of the time differences) to get questions in for @Lady Belligerent to answer! ;)

Where would we find you on a Friday night?

Are you much of a writer?

What's the best dessert? :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Ava G. likes this.
  11. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Friday nights you’ll either find me having a quiet evening at home, either watching tv or playing video games. Or, with my kids and other family for dinner and games.

I enjoy writing and do a fair amount in the RPF. :)

The best dessert? That’s a hard one to answer because all dessert is awesome. :p
    I love the cherry pie at Busboys and Poets in Washington DC. They make little individual lattice top pies and they’re served warm with ice cream - yum!!

Khalia Octa and Ava G. like this.
  12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Have you ever spent an afternoon at a Winery listening to good music in the sunshine sampling a few of the local areas' best?

Would you want SW Furniture in your home?

Have you ever costumed up?

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Lady Belligerent

Plotting for fics versus RPs, how does it compare? Which do you find easier/harder?

Which school subjects did you like the most?

If there was a standalone movie/novel for SW, what would you like it to be about? :cool:

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I have not, but it sure sounds like a really good time!

Star Wars furniture? Hecking yeah!! My grandson has some BB-8 furniture and it’s so cute.

The hubs and I have Sith robes, so yes I guess I have.

I would have to say that I enjoy plotting for RP’s way more. It’s not that it’s easier, but it’s so much more fun. I enjoy working with others, so a collaboration is so much more interesting.

When I was in school I enjoyed all my music, art, and history classes. Anyway mathematics class was simply the pits.

How about a Jaina Solo movie?! Seriously, how about one that’s focused on the Imperial faction with Moffs and Bastion.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  15. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Thank you heaps for volunteering to be interviewed @Lady Belligerent!! :cool: If you'd like to be interviewed, just PM me ;)
    Next to be interviewed is @Prime Jedi =D==D==D==D==D=

How did you come across the JCF?

What inspired your username?

Prequels, Stand-Alones, Originals or Sequels? :)

16. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Thank you! I've been preparing my entire life for this! (Or maybe only the ten minutes that I've seen this, idk :p)

1. I had actually lurked on here since 2014-2015 and read the Legends stuff, and later on about TFA, but I finally decided to make an account this year. I really started becoming a Star Wars fanatic around 2013 (but was always a fan) and read everything about the EU I could online, causing me to stumble upon this site.

2. Exactly what the name is, The Prime Jedi. We learned a little bit about him a few months before The Last Jedi, and it had always interested me, and was probably the best part of the new lore imo. I wanted it to be explore more in TLJ, but sadly, it never happened. :(

3. Prequels! Wait no, Originals! Actually, the Prequels! Nah, definitely the Originals! :p I have both the Prequels and the Originals on just about the same level, but I try to use a movie by Movie basis method to choose which one is best:

Move by Movie Basis:
    TPM=<ANH
    AOTC>=ESB
    ROTS=ROTJ

Even then, they're completely neck and neck. Even then, I might even have TPM and ANH as complete equals, but it really comes down to them. I would say ANH has the better villain, but put a gun to my head and I still couldn't decide between protagonists, plot, special effects, etc. However, TPM completely blows ANH out of the water with their lightsaber duel, and theyre about equal in terms of music.

AOTC I possibly have as slightly better than ESB. AOTC is good but not great at the beginning, and really picks up once Obi-Wan goes to Kamino, and once they're on Geonosis and fight in the arena, it becomes a masterpiece, and only gets better from there. ESB starts off great, and while I would say that the Han, Leia, Chewie, and 3PO stuff before Bespin is only good, not great, and Yoda/Luke stuff is a masterpiece, and Luke leaving while Kenobi and Yoda talk to him is imo the perfect Star Wars scene, along with the ending. Obviously, the Bespin stuff is an absolute masterpiece. They're so close, and while I feel like ESB has slightly higher points, I feel that AOTC is slightly more consistently great.

So, overall, I guess I have them completely equal, I'll have to think about this more. :p

Keep the questions coming everyone!

17. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Ava G. and Prime Jedi like this.
  18. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    So, this is apparently the name of a song, but you made it in question form, and while I took Spanish class, it's been a while, and I had to look it up, but to answer your question:

Sí.

Emperor Ferus and Khalia Octa like this.
  19. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    Gracias. :*

Khalia Octa and Prime Jedi like this.
  20. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018

Muy lejos :p

¿Quieres comprar algunos Deathsticks?

Khalia Octa likes this.
  21. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    I don't even need to know what that says :p

@Prime Jedi
    Best part of being a JCF member?

Weirdest part?

If you ran a gameshow, what would it be called?
    What would you do?
    What would you win?

22. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    No quieres venderme Deathsticks.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  23. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    What Legends books do you recommend?

If you could say one thing to one character in AOTC, what would it be?

How do you define the 'perfect Star Wars scene'?

An underrated non-SW movie?

An overrated non-SW movie?

24. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    It is my newest wisdom, the listener must research the meaning of the Wearer of the PJs. :p

Best part? Talking to the other members, mainly in RYL and the Convos. Everyone is very kind and I get a lot of laughs every day, and are emotionally supportive. :)

The weirdest part is probably some of the random conversations in RYL. The rest of the JCF is relatively normal, but nooooo, there's always a random weird conversation going on in RYL when i get on. :p

My game show would be called "Nerd Rage." There would be two teams of five, like Family Feud, and each team would choose a piece of Star Wars media. They would debate which piece of media wins in a certain 3 different categories (best/worst one, which ones has best/worst memes, which one has funniest/cringiest moments). Whoever wins the majority would win the game, and these are the prizes:

1. TCW/Rebels complete series on DVD
    2. Star Wars 1-6 boxset (man, these are expensive :p)
    3. Meet with a Star Wars actor/actress of your choice!

You win one game out of 3, you win the 1. prize there. You win two games, you win the 2. prize, and you win all 3 games, you win the 3. prize.

25. Prime Jedi

Apr 14, 2018
    1. I haven't been able to really read any legends books yet due to money problems, but I would still recommend Darth Plagueis, because it seems to expand a little bit on TPM and the PT era.

2. I would tell Anakin to take a chill pill. :p Seriously, if I'm not at risk of immediate death, I would give Palpatine Tony Stark's Avengers speech, and that the Jedi may not save their order, but they're definitely going to avenge it, and that Palpatine will regret this.

3. Near perfect acting, deeply immersed in the story, deeply immersed in the atmosphere in Star Wars, near perfect dialogue, a lot of emotion, perfect music. My best example would be Luke leaving Degobah while talking to Obi-Wan and Yoda.

4. Thor. Many people say the movie is meh, or outright bad, but I love it. It's much better than the Dark World and introduces Loki, an amazing villain.

5. Definitely Titanic. Other than them being on the Titanic, the sorry feels like a romance film that's been done a thousand times, it's not really special imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.