main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The WNU Interview Thread!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Khalia Octa, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    @Jedi Knight Fett

Favourite song?

Favourite video game?

Are you good at making speeches?

What's the weirdest thing you've eaten/drunk?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Dreams are made of this

Fallout New Vegas

Decent I actually took an elective class for that in high school

A worm straight off the ground when I was younger

3. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Dude that is so gross... how old were you?? Was it a dare? How did it taste?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    ACK! @Jedi Knight Fett -- how are you about snakes and spiders? :eek: [face_laugh]

Favorite SW quote? ;)

5. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    My dad ate a spider once...after it bit his tongue...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    YUCK! That is just ... I'm speechless. :rolleyes:

7. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Men :rolleyes: Sometimes they just do stupid stuff :p

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    4 it was just after we moved to the US

It was not a dare I was stupid

I don’t remember

I don’t like spiders, but snakes are cool

I have a bad feeling about this

9. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    @Jedi Knight Fett :p

Baths or showers & why?

If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?

What's the best cuisine?

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Showers since you waste less water. And I only take 3-4 minute showers

The ability to do homework in under 30 seconds for every single class and still get an A

Mexican although when I say Mexican I mean Americanized so Tacos And Burritos

11. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    Thanks heaps for volunteering to be interviewed @Jedi Knight Fett :) Reminder that if you would like to be interviewed you can, just PM me ;)
    Up next we have @ThisIsMe1138!!! =D==D==D=

How did you find the JCF?

What is your favourite genre & favourite character to write? :D

What is your favourite SW quote?

What is your opinion on the colour orange? :p

Just remember not to ask any personal questions, and a reminder for the interviewee that you don't have to answer questions you don't feel comfortable answering. :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    What's your favorite SW book?

What's your favorite non-SW book?

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @ThisIsMe1138 [:D]

How did you find the Guardians of Light, in particular? ;)

What is the most fun thing about RPGs for you?

How does that compare to writing fanfictions?

Other fandoms you like?

Favorite season of the year?

Favorite dessert?

Favorite burger toppings?

OK I'll stop with the deluge.

[face_laugh]

[face_mischief]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What is your least favorite thing about Star Wars?

Khalia Octa likes this.
  15. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Hey everyone!!! [:D] :D [face_peace]

I'm still trying to decide which "format" to answer in, so it might change ;)

@Khalia Octa [:D]

How did you find the JCF?
    Kinda long story... so my sister and I found out about it (secretly, before we were allowed to use the internet [face_whistling] ) and we were like. "Oh my gosh, this is heaven. Too bad we'll never be allowed to do that sort of thing!" (Thinking back on it, it's pretty funny [face_laugh]). We just kind of looked at it every once in a while, dreamed about how great it would be to talk to other Star Wars fans, until one day my sister asked my dad if there was any way that we could talk online to other SW fans, post fan art and stuff (totally knowing that the JCF existed) and he looked it up, I guess, and found it. We were actually in France at the time :p

What is your favourite genre and favourite character to write?

Favorite genre I'd have to say hurt/comfort. Mush is great too, but it's not exactly the same, and there's something I like about making my characters as vulnerable as they can get (e.g. being sick, or having a nightmare, or someone they love dying), and then having someone comfort them. But favorite character???? Eesh, that's hard... ;) Strangely, I find male characters easier to write, but more specifically, I would say maybe Luke???? Or Poe... I also find getting into Tony Stark's head pretty fun :cool:

What is your favorite Star Wars quote?
    Hmm... I honestly have no clue, but here are some of my favorites :p "But you can't stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting.", "Your focus determines your reality.", "There's always a bigger fish." - that one's in my sig :cool:, "Wesa goin' HOOOOOME!!!!", "You were my brother Anakin, I loved you!" "There is still good in him, I know." "Qui-Gon Jinn would never join you!", "That's...why I'm here...", "You're sweating!" (Makes me laugh every time [face_laugh])....oh, great, haven't even gotten to the OT yet.... "I am a Jedi, like my father before me.", "Great Chewie, always thinking with your stomach!", "Would someone please get this big walking carpet out my way?" - this was the first Star Wars quote I memorized, and I said it to myself about a million times between the time I watched ANH for the first time and when I went to bed about two hours later :p, "I...know. Somehow...I've always known.", "I love you!" "I know.".... Okay, that's it. If someone wants to know what my favorite ST quotes are, ask me in a separate question because this is going way too long ;)

What is your opinion on the color orange?
    [face_pumpkin] :c3po: :choph: :bb8head:

I don't know, I kinda like it... I mean, it depends, I guess. I hate neon orange. It feels like.... artificially flashy to me, almost as if it's trying to gain attention when the attention doesn't belong to it. Which is, of course, really stupid because it's a color, but that's the way I feel about things :p But a deep, rich orange is one of the most beautiful colors that there is :bb8:

@Togruta :cool:

What is your favorite SW book?
    This is, again, a question with many answers ;) The first ones I think of are Lost Stars by Claudia Gray, Heir to the Jedi by Kevin Hearne and Vector Prime from the NJO series. I really like Karen Miller's three books about Obi-Wan and Anakin (in fact, I've accidentally memorized several parts of them :p) and the RotS novelization :obiwan: I wish there were more novels covering the ST, though, particularly about the founding of the Resistance and Poe's relationship with Leia (which, in my headcanon, is totally mother-son :cool:)

What is your favorite non-Star Wars book?
    Okay, let's see... I read like a ton, so it's kinda hard to only pick a few. I really loved a Wrinkle in Time (and all its sequels), and the Missing series by Margaret Haddix. There was also a book called "The Randoms" that was really fun. And Narnia, I love Narnia! If you haven't noticed the pattern yet, I really love sci-fi and fantasy :p

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @};-

How did you find the Guardians of Light, in particular?
    Same way I found the JCF, through my sister ;) (@teamhansolo, for those of you who don't know) She's actually younger than me, but as you can see she tends to be the leader in trying new things :p

What's the most fun thing about RPG's for you?
    I would say the idea of writing a story with other people. I hardly know anyone else irl who likes to write, much less Star Wars fanfiction, so it's great to be around other people who like similar things. In RPG's specifically, it's also that when you write your part, you naturally (or I do, anyways ;)) have an idea of where the story would go if you were writing it alone, but when the other people read it, their ideas are different and the plot twists in ways you would never expect. It's like reading and writing a story at the same time :cool: Plus it's a way to escape from life for a little bit and literally be someone else, feel what they're feeling and make them act in the way that they really would.

How does that compare to writing fanfictions?
    See above ^ :p And the fact that when writing fanfiction you are "becoming" a character whose personality and life is already mostly established (unless you're writing an OC) versus more or less creating the character as you go. Another thing is that in fanfiction, you are more emotionally attached to the characters, so that changes the things you do to them :p

Other fandoms you like?
    MARVEL!!!!!! Okay, I still have a whole lotta movies to catch up, but I love it! The characters are great (although some of them...ahem...Clint Barton...don't get the attention they deserve...ah...hmmm...[face_frustrated]) and they involve many different genres inside genres, in a way. For example, the first Thor movie definitely has an aspect of fantasy, and Black Panther has the...idk what it's called...the whole idea of the tribe, and ceremonies and traditions, etc. Plus, of course, the sci-fi and superhero parts of it. I haven't seen Infinity War yet but it's already killing me :_| And Agents of Shield (the TV show), which is part of Marvel, is amazing, even though I've only seen the first five episodes :p I love the concept of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the insane amount of technology and intelligence they have :cool:

Favorite season of the year?
    Fall, because everything is perfect, and Thanksgiving, and family, and great weather, and festivals, and school starting but you don't hate it yet :p

Favorite dessert?
    Um...does nutella count? =P~ If not, nutella ice cream. That's really a thing in France, and it's so good!

Favorite burger topping?
    Well, I gotta say it's not something I spend a large amount of time thinking about, but if I have a burger I'll usually put cheese, lettuce and onion on it, and mayo on the bun...

OK, I'll stop with the deluge [face_laugh]
    No, don't stop! :p

@Jedi Knight Fett [face_party]

What is your least favorite thing about Star Wars?
    My least favorite thing about Star Wars is people taking out their dislike of some fictional thing on a real person. For example, disliking TLJ and therefore hating Rian Johnson. Or people feeling like Jar Jar ruined TPM so talking badly about Ahmed Best. It's stupid.

Okay, wow. Was that way too long? [face_worried]

16. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Why does the "There's always a bigger fish" line have a deep, philosophical meaning to you?

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    NUTELLA ICE CREAM?!?!?! They so need to export that to the U.S., like. Now. =P~ [face_laugh]

Pancakes or waffles? ;)

Do you like rollercoasters?

The beach or mountains?

Best place you've been on vacation?

Place you really would like to travel to?

Favorite emojie?

Have you ever dreamed you were in a galaxy far, far away and then woke up and tought, darn! [face_laugh] (I've done that with Trek... it's a BLAST!) :X

18. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    @Darth Kronos

What part of "Don't ask" do you not understand? o_O Really, it's just a whole complicated thing that would be really hard to explain ;)

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

NUTELLA ICE CREAM?!?!?! They so need to export that to the U.S., like. Now. =P~ [face_laugh]
    Absolutely :p I wonder how long it'll be before we can order it off Amazon [face_laugh]

Pancakes or waffles?
    I'm gonna go with waffles here, because they tend to be crispier, and I really dislike non-crispy pancakes and waffles :p

Do you like rollercoasters?
    Yeah, I love them! Strangely though, I didn't go on them for several years because I was afraid they would make me sick, but they actually don't and they're amazing [face_party]

Beach or mountains?

I think that just for themselves, I like mountains better, maybe? But my family goes to OCNJ every summer and I have so many awesome memories from that that it's hard to imagine liking something else better ;)

Best place you've been on vacation?
    France, by far. My mom grew up there, but I hadn't gone to France since I was a baby, and the rest of my siblings never had. So we went for a month this past June (stayed with my grandparents) and it was just an amazing experience! Then my little sister got chicken pox a few days before we were supposed to leave, and a couple of us had to stay in France with her for another two weeks because they wouldn't let her fly. That was interesting... :p

Place you really would like to travel to?
    Top of my list is the UK, specifically Scotland and Ireland, because I love the accents so much!! In fact, when I hear an accent (of any kind) for a little while, my thoughts start being in that accent :p I also want to go to Africa as part of a mission trip, Antarctica, because I honestly think it's really beautiful, San Francisco and Japan. And Australia, for multiple reasons, including the accents, the interesting culture and wanting to meet Khalia ;)

Favorite emojie?
    o_O [face_party] [face_rofl] [:D] aka the story of my life in four emojies ;)

Have you ever dreamed you were in a galaxy far, far away and then woke up and thought, darn! [face_laugh]
    Hm... I don't think I've ever dreamed (is it not dreamt? :confused:) that I was actually in the GFFA, but I did have a dream once that I was on a camping trip and Darth Vader showed up and turned a guy that I liked at the time to the dark side [face_laugh] I also had a dream that we were being chased by these people, and they kept switching from being Nazi's to Imperials... And not exactly related to the question, but sort of, I once had a dream that I was time traveling with JKF and Prime Jedi :p I am a rather weird dreamer...especially since I remember almost all my dreams!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite SW planet, and why?

Do you like sushi, and which ones? :D

What do you think of Thrawn? :) [face_sigh]

P.S., I'm the same way with accents. [face_love] The British/Australian ones send me over the moon.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Jeez you write some long responses :p

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I like to call them bubbly and chatty. :D [face_love]

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean I would if I didn’t stink at writing. I overcome my fear of having horrible grammar when I write about stuff I really care about. But I have had to many people say my writing sucks to really write long stories.

23. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    We've got nutella ice cream here :p
    @ThisIsMe1138 [:D]

Do you prefer being indoors or outdoors and why?

What would be the title of your biography?

Are you good at acting?

What Star Wars quote sums up the JCF?

24. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    @ThisIsMe1138

Favorite and least favorite AoS characters?

Also, pls hurry up. You've just skimmed the surface of what this show has to offer. :-(

25. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Questions for @ThisIsMe1138

Sorry if I repeat a question that has been asked before. There is so much to read over and keep track of -- easy to miss something.

You mentioned time traveling.

1) What year and region would you visit in the future and why?

2) What year and region would you visit in the past and why?

3) What were your impressions of Jar Jar Binks when you were a small child? Your answer should be interesting. I saw Phantom Menace when I was about 21 years old. But you watched Phantom Menace as a youngling. What did'ya think of ol' Binks himself?

4) Do you enjoy watching animal documentaries (Animal Planet?, National Geographic?, etc.?)? Name some of your favorite wild animals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.