main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Wordy Fic Challenge >>>Week 11 list up!<<<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Alley_Skywalker, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    New List (finally)!

WORD LIST

Larceny
    Latent
    Lodger
    Lenient
    Liability
    Linchpin
    Lithe
    Litigant
    Longevity
    Lull
    Lummox
    Lurid

WORD LIMIT: 900

2. loneastronomer

loneastronomer Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2005
    Woo! I have an entry!

Justice. Starring Mara Jade and, oddly, Wes Janson. It was fun - thanks for the challenge!

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    My answer to the L week. I'm not ready to post this, as it's a very rough draft and needs some heavy duty beta'ing, but since I won't be able ot access the comp that I'm currently typing from once I get back on campus, I'll post it here in this thread. Alley, thanks for bringing back those wonderful memories of the high school days and good luck on the SAt's for everyone taking it. and BTW, if you get a good enough score on the English section, you might get exempted from English classes at certain universities.

Anyhow, the rough version of my little ficlet.

The eight-year-old Allana sighed as she watched the other children of the Jedi Temple rush to greet the parents that came to take them home for the holidays. The non-Hapan and non-Dathomiri holidays for which her busy mother wouldn?t come. Those litigant Hapans sure knew how to keep their lithe queen busy with those frivolous matters. What was it this time? Oh yeah, some noblewomen pushing a case of larceny before the Jedi queen?s nose because they somehow managed to care about a stupid little ring. And it wasn?t just Mother, it was Grandfather, too, but his absence meant that she could be more lenient with herself on the political lessons.

It didn?t matter. Her family didn?t visit much, saying that they didn?t want her to turn into one of those typical, spoiled, Hapan brats.

But Father wasn?t Hapan, right?? She shook her head. Mother never said much about him and Grandfather muttered something about the man being a lurid monster.

A child?s cry snagged the copper-haired girl out of her thoughts. Through the door that she left ajar, she could make out the figure of Jedi Valin and his wife walking towards the room of their eldest child as they attempted to lull the baby to sleep.

She grinned at the flash of brilliant insight that smashed into her. Why not make good on Hally?s offer and spend the next week with the Horns? She glanced at the family, faked a grin as she said hi, and shook her head as soon as they were out of sight. Although it?s been four years since her brother has a baby, she?s had enough of those little twirps to last quite a few years and wasn?t about to spend another week with one of those noisy creatures.

A few more families passed by, but she dismissed each for some reason or another, with more than half those reasons revolving around the shyness that a princess was never to have, especially about being a liability in a friend?s home. And so, she was getting to be a rather lonely lodger and such a kriffing stupid lummox.

One week. That?s the longevity of the lonely period if something didn?t change, and fast.

Then, after ten long, bland minutes, came the Solos, the longtime linchpins of the galaxy. She didn?t know the four-year-old twins that they came for, but what did it matter? It was either go up to them and stay with them or live alone with the Masters for the next week. And so she summoned all the latent courage she held within her petite body, and bolted out the door to hug Leia.

?Hi grandma.?

?Oh, hi.? The former politician recovered quickly from the shock of a strange little girl calling her ?grandma? before identifying the child as Tenel Ka?s daughter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.