main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Works ( New Random update 4/12/09 )

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alley_Skywalker, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh very nice wallpaper Alley! I am going to critique your spelling, though: knowledge, rather than "knolege." I think if there are words or quotes, it's best to research them before putting them in, to make sure they're spelled properly--if not, it detracts some from the impact of the piece.

I like the ghosting of the Jedi Code and all the images of Jedi, standing at attention with their weapons lit (and including the younglings is a good choice here, too). A couple more aliens, like Kit Fisto or Shaak Ti would have been nice, too--but it would only add to what is already a nice composition!

FF

2. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    Cool art.

3. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    I'm not sure if this really counts as FanArt" but i think I'll post it up anyways.

Obi&Ani vid to the song "Everything I Do" by Brandy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8bUChEdTosY

4. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    Very very nice! What makes it sad is their fate of their relationship.

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice video. It reminds me of some of the fanfics I have read over at AFF. :p

AG88

6. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Vandalier: Ah yes the fate of their relationship...very tragic indeed.

academygrad88: Lol, gotta love them fanfics.

Ok so this isn't exactly "fanart" seeing as how its not exactly SW related but I decided to put it up anyways since I like it lol. For it's worth it does spam me with a lot of fanfic plot bunnies.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Alley_411/Poster.jpg]

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Cool! :cool: I think a hotter color of text might have been appropriate here (a dark bloody color, perhaps, outlined with another, brighter tone to make it stand out against the b/g images)--only because the rest of the piece is in warm to hot colors. Is this for a fan fic you're writing now, or one that you've done already? It's a good composition, and the eye moves around the piece pretty easily. Very nice!

FF

8. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    FalconFan: Thanks :) Yes, I did think about the title color. The original actually had a ruby tinged one, however I felt it didn't stand out enough *shrug* It's a cover for an original fic but its spawning fanfic plot bunnies evertyime I look at it[face_hypnotized]

Ok this peace was actually done for Valentine's Day. I know its totally late and its most appropriate in the context of the holliday, however I'll post it up anyways.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Alley_411/alentinesfrontheboys.jpg]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice pieces of fanart you're making. That Valentineday piece was beautiful

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_thinking]

Ani and Obi, together in a Valentine...? ;) I would have thought Padme and Anakin would be more appropriate--but I suppose we do have to acknowledge the "affection" between the two men...! :D I like the format of it, with the different "frames." And as to missing the holiday--my hubby didn't get his Valentine until two days later, lol--so you aren't the only one who was late! ;)

FF

11. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you :)

FalconFan: Thanks! Lol, yea I guess most would find an A/P Valentine's more appropriate but me being the Obi/Ani *coughslashcough* fan that I am I simply couldn't resist;)

Ok, well, I can't say I'm very happy with this one, it didn't come out quite as I wanted it too, even w/ the remake (this is the improved remake version) but, ah well, I'll put it up anyways.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Alley_411/Kenobi2.jpg]

EDIT: Ok, second draft of remake -- it's still ont quite what I was looking for but I like it better this way...

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Alley_411/Kenobi3.jpg]

12. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    So this is the thread you've mentioned.great pics.I'm going to check out your fanfics next.GL should include in the live tv show some of the fanfics here.yours included.maybe you guys at fanfic and fanart should present your works to Del Ray and Dark Horse.Star Wars Insider Magazine too.Consider it my compliment.

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I think I prefer the second one, Alley--with the darker frames. It just seems to look better to me. You have a nice variety of images of Obi Wan here, too--I always like seeing Sir Alec in this type of piece! Well done!

FF

14. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    roguegirl: Thank you for the compliments!

FalconFan: Oh I agree. I also think the darker frmaes look better. That way it leaves the background profile of Obi-Wan in the back ground without anything else rivaling it for that faded look.

15. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Admittedly this doesn't really have anything to do with SW but it's my first venture into actually drawing something.
    So nyways this was first drawn, then digitally colored...I'm fairly proud of it given that on an average day I'm a horrible artist.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/Alley_411/TonyKudrin.jpg]

16. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Hi there ^__^
    Your pics are really good. I really like the valentine's one ^^
    and you're a yaoi/slash fan ? ^__^ I like soft yaoi. I don't meet many people here who feel the same [:D]

Your drawing is nice too. Some of the proportions are off but it's very good if you don't draw ^__^

Looking forward to more [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.