main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The World Builder Society NEW CHALLENGE 2/26/08!!! "Middle'o'Nowhere in a GFFA!"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JediMindTrick000, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Greetings fellow travelers of the mighty Star Wars Universe!

When I first saw ROTJ when I was but four years of age, some of the greatest things I loved about the story, besides lightsabers, x-wings, and Vader, were all the locations in which the action was taking place.

Since I?ve been writing fan fiction, I have come to enjoy creating new systems, planets, and cities which can give birth to the great stories we all know and love.

From Kessel to Tatooine to everything way South of the Rishi Maze, George and all the great EU writers have already given us countless great locales to work with, but I want to hear what you, my fellow fanficcers, have come up with to enhance and spice up the Star Wars Universe.

Your contributions to this database can be in any format, and can be about any locale, no matter how big or small they may be, that you have come up with in your endeavors.

The purpose of this thread is to of course have fun, expand our horizons, and have a great database full of interesting planets and cities we can all use while writing our stories.

I hope this is fun for everyone, and I look forward to visiting every planet you post here!

Thank you very much to rhonderoo and all the other great mods for letting me start this!

Update!

All new World Builder Society ver 2.0 features a tour guide of OUR Star Wars Universe! As more and more star systems are added to this thread, they will also be catalogued right here on Page 1 so fellow travelers of the SWU can enjoy the exotic locales that you have created. Also, this will serve as a database for fanfic writers all over who wish to use these new, exciting planets in their stories. *Writers, please give credit to the creator of the planet you used in your stories, so we can all give credit where credit is due. Thanks!*

And coming soon, the World Builder Society Online Encyclopedia, which will provide, in as much detail as this overworked editor can give, all the information about specific people, traditions, products, and many other aspects of all your personally generated planets and systems. Stay tuned!

So without further ado, the fully alphabetized...

World Builder Society Tour Guide of the Stars

[b]Aister[/b] - [i]created by your friendly neighborhood JMT[/i]

All three planets in the Aister System are controlled by Emperor Drenton Aister VII, who is the 350th successor in the Aister Dynasty. Although only Aister II is rich in natural resources, the Aister family has made the entire system self-reliant by sharing resources and weaponry between the three worlds. In fact, Aister has become such a formidable stronghold that neither the Empire nor the Alliance has had the ability to gain control of the system. It is fabled among Aisterian worlds that the pompous Emperor Drenton once spit on the foot of Darth Vader in defiance when Lord Vader ordered that Aister submit to Imperial rule. The claims have never been substantiated in the Imperial Archives, and are therefore considered to be false. Emperor Drenton still refuses to join the Empire, but he has become quite a paranoid ruler as a mysterious entity has killed all but two of his family members, signalling that the Aister Dynasty may finally be at its end.

System Specifications
    Name: Aister
    Color: Red
    Size/Magnitude: Main sequence star
    Planets: 3

Aister I
    Aister II
    Aister III

Aister I

Aister I is ruled by Redd Aister, Emperor Drenton's half-brother. The planet itself is a gas giant, and therefore unhabitable. However, the Aister family colonized Aister I's large moon hundreds of years ago, which they of course named Moon of Aister. From the Moon of Aister, the Aister Empire runs an emmense gas mining operation in the atmosphere of Aister I. The tibanna gas that is mined there is sent to Aister II, where it has many uses, including dramatically increasing the firepower of their weaponry.
    Aister I Specifications
    Planet Name: Aister I
    Function: Tibanna Gas Minin

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Doolamar

Located in the Mid Rim, Doolamar is a backwater world, completely uninteresting and bland, with varied but generally unremarkable landscape. Its cities include Hubbadoo, the secondary spaceport city as of the Battle of Geonosis; Harbidge, Doolamar's only tourist attraction, built around a small geyser that seems to be the extent of Doolamar's geothermal activity; and Dellattin, Doolamar's capitol city and main spaceport until General Grievous personally conquered the system during the Clone Wars (it had previously been the site of a skirmish between forces under High General Coleman Kcaj and local terrorist forces sympathetic to the Confederacy of Independent Systems, a Republic victory) and had it transformed into a crater by heavy orbital bombardment on a savage whim. Over two million perished in the fiery bombardment, which being the only significant event occurring in the Doolannaroo system, ended up getting a strong alcoholic beverage named after it, among other things. Commodore Brann Haeliz, a freakish alien crossbreed of Chiss and Kiffar, was given jurisdiction over the system until a month after the Battle of Coruscant when Imperial cruisers arrived and chased his occupation force away. Mara Jade was dispatched here twice on assassination missions as the Emperor's Hand and developed a relationship with a local boy. Shortly before the Koornacht Crisis, she returned to find her teenage flame long-dead of suicide, her last Doolamarian assassination target of many years prior having been his fiancee. Although Jade attempted to drown her sorrows in alcohol, she was rescued by Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, arrived from the neighboring world of Bul Phop, and guided back onto a path of recovery.

Bul Phop

This Mid Rim planet was known for its agricultural usefulness and its genetic engineering experimentations both. The hardworking people of Bul Phop tried to use their bioengineering knowledge to create superior products, hardier and with better taste, larger size, and longer storage life. Unfortunately, one experiment went violently awry and a breed of too hardy and resilient grain plants escaped the lab, quickly multiplying and within months having overtaken every spot of land on the world. The planet's humble, rural cities found themselves swamped in fast-growing, hard-to-kill kankan graingrass. They immediately moved to dismantle all bioengineering projects, laboratories, and research and issued a strong condemnation of the science, which went largely ignored. Appeals to Imperial Center went likewise ignored, though during the New Republic's rule, the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker went to Bul Phop to try to help alleviate the problem. The planet was by then relying heavily on imports for non-kankan sustenance, as their planet swimming in grain could scarcely support any other food sources. However, even Skywalker shuffled Bul Phop off his priority list after feeling the distress of Mara Jade on nearby Doolamar through the Force, and took off with a promise to return. He never did, sending Jedi Knight Streen instead, who could not solve the problem. Bul Phop eventually fell to the Yuuzhan Vong, and they found a way to fix the agricultural overgrowth. Unfortunately, few of the inhabitants of the world survived it.

Crucio

This hospitable world rests on the outer edge of the Inner Rim. It became a particularly bloody field of battle during the brutal Clone Wars, twice the target of a dupe by Confederacy General Grievous. One such ruse was successful, luring the sector fleet to a feint by the Lucid Voice at Gallaghan and distracting them from the true Invisible Hand-led attack at Crucio, which took the system and saw 78,000 Crucian defense fleet personnel killed. Towards the end of the war, the Battle of Crucio gained the dubious honor of being the largest and most costly fleet engagement of the war until the Battle of Coruscant a handful of months later. The death of the infamous Lucid Voice happened here, destroyed by the all-clone Silver Group f

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'll start with Is'taria.

Is'taria (Named by Annemarie Gazzolo)

Name of the planet is unknown, but it is in the same sector as Ord Mantell. It was settled five hundred years before the rise of the Empire by political fugitives and the families that they had to put into hiding in order to protect them. It was fairly ignored during its first few hundred years, but during the Clone Wars, it was used as a relay spot for Separatist battle coordination. As a result, the Republic annexed it half a year before the Empire was formed. Because of its rich resources, it was exploited for mining purposes.

The Empire, in an effort to keep the populace alive and avoid wasting Imperial lives in the mines, formed a network of medical facilities to deal with everything from family medicine to spinal damage and lung disease. It was because of these facilities that three Rebels took refuge there after running into a bounty hunter at Ord Mantell.

Vader tracked them down there and began burning out the cities until he could find the Rebels. The Rebels escaped before he could, so he locked the people who had harbored them and his own men into the medcenter and had it blasted out of existence.

A year is 320 days
    a week is 8 days

It is a multi-climed world with six continents of varying terrains. The main settlements are on the northeastern continent. The people speak Basic by habit, but teach their children Shta.

4. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    I came up with this world.
    Details on its history and economy and such are also given. [face_batting]
    Ididahplosh (eee-deed-aww-plawwsh)
    A water world just beyond the outer rim worlds, this small planet is home to monstrous under-sea life forms. Discovered by Palpatine's agents after the invasion of Naboo.

Cities:
    Two major cities populate the vast water under-surface.

Ididahtara-Huge pyramids of coral rock act as the sky scrapers of this rich and highly populated metropolis. An on-world Political Center comunicates to the other major city on the planet. Because this planet is far beyond reach of the Republic, the government runs in another fashion. (See Below)

Ididahtoro-The industrial city of the world. Behind such projects as Weapons and Arms,construction of buildings,consumer products, and Medical Potions. The creatures here have found a way to produce energy from the vast water resources around them.

Government: The Royal Family of Ididahplosh has done well over many generations. While the current monarch resides above the surface of the water in a sparkling palace, his fellow royals reside below amoung the populous and run the two Political Centers.

History/war and conflict:
    4 wars have taken place over the world's history.

The War of Consanimo: Consanimo is the name given to Shark-like war lords who live in the dark regions of the water. Around the time of the Jedi-Sith Wars, the Consanimo launched an assault on the two metropolitan states. During the Battle of Factory 67, the leader of the Consanimo invaded Ididahtoro in hopes of stealing weapons technology. During the battle, the leader was killed and the war lords driven back from the city.

Civil War: Both cities fought each other for 200 years (in our time) but over time, the war became to bloody for any to continue.
    Some still blame the other city for their problems.

War of Waves: The Consanimo returned again many years later to attack the surface of the world and the Palace located there. The resulting battles created a giant wave that left the Palace in shambles but also drove the attackers back under the surface. The great wave has since become legend.

Clone Wars: During the Clone Wars, General Grievous used this world as a base for a very sinister project called the Dark Serpent Project. It was on this planet that the true nature of Darth Sidious's genetic scheme was uncovered.
    Thankfully the creatures of this world were very friendly to the Republic despite being so far away from its rule. And as such hated General Grievous.

5. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Wow, impressive! I'm glad you guys dropped by, and I love what you've conjured up. You obviously put a whole lot of work into these. Good job coming up with that planet on the fly Palpy - turned our nice.

Here's another system for your travels...

All three planets in the Aister System are controlled by Emperor Drenton Aister VII, who is the 350th successor in the Aister Dynasty. Although only Aister II is rich in natural resources, the Aister family has made the entire system self-reliant by sharing resources and weaponry between the three worlds. In fact, Aister has become such a formidable stronghold that neither the Empire nor the Alliance has had the ability to gain control of the system. It is fabled among Aisterian worlds that the pompous Emperor Drenton once spit on the foot of Darth Vader in defiance when Lord Vader ordered that Aister submit to Imperial rule. The claims have never been substantiated in the Imperial Archives, and are therefore considered to be false. Emperor Drenton still refuses to join the Empire, but he has become quite a paranoid ruler as a mysterious entity has killed all but two of his family members, signalling that the Aister Dynasty may finally be at its end.

System Specifications
    Name: Aister
    Color: Red
    Size/Magnitude: Main sequence star
    Planets: 3

Aister I
    Aister II
    Aister III

[b]Aister I[/b]

Aister I is ruled by Redd Aister, Emperor Drenton's half-brother. The planet itself is a gas giant, and therefore unhabitable. However, the Aister family colonized Aister I's large moon hundreds of years ago, which they of course named Moon of Aister. From the Moon of Aister, the Aister Empire runs an emmense gas mining operation in the atmosphere of Aister I. The tibanna gas that is mined there is sent to Aister II, where it has many uses, including dramatically increasing the firepower of their weaponry.
    Aister I Specifications
    Planet Name: Aister I
    Function: Tibanna Gas Mining
    Type: Gas Giant
    Diameter: 386,650 km, Moon of Aister 103,750 km
    Distance from star (AUs): 0.7 to 0.8
    Axial Tilt: 19 Degrees
    Seasonal Changes: Severe
    Orbit: Elliptical
    Weather: Unbearable
    Temperature: Hot (80 to 350 C)
    Atmosphere: Type IV (Unbreathable)
    Hydrosphere: None (54% free water)
    Gravity: Light (0.5 standard)
    Terrain: None
    Length of Day: 32 hours
    Length of Year: 245 days
    Moon(s): Moon of Aister
    Sapient Species: None
    Starport: None
    Population: Moon of Aister 521,630,000 Humans
    Government: Aister Empire
    Tech Level: Space
    Major Exports: Tibanna Gas
    Major Imports: Food, water, basic Survival Needs

[b]Aister II[/b]

Aister II is the throneworld of Emperor Drenton Aister VII, and all of the decisions made for the Aister system are made directly by Emperor Drenton in his palace in the capital city of Aisteria. Aister I and Aister III are both devoid of the resources needed for survival, so the large planet of Aister II has to supply resources to the other worlds in the system. The planet is heavily fortified with many laser batteries and ion cannons. In addition, there are countless numbers of shield generators protecting the surface from orbital bombardment. The exact size of Drenton's army is unknown, although it is suspected that it is large enough to fend off any Imperial ground attack. The large moon of D'Aister holds a large spaceport which acts as a central hub between the planets.
    Aister II Specifications
    Planet Name: Aister II
    Function: Resource Supplier
    Type: Terrestrial
    Diameter: 256,920 km
    Distance from star (AUs): 3.1 to 3.2
    Axial Tilt: 7 Degrees
    Seasonal Changes: Moderate
    Orbit: Elliptical
    Weather: Mild
    Temperature: Temperate (-28 to 55 C)
    Atmosphere: Type I (Breathable)
    Hydrosphere: Normal (54% free water)
    Gravity: Standard (1.o standard)
    Terrain: Grasslands, ocean
    Length of Day: 28 hours
    Length of Year: 290 days
    Moon(s): D'Aister
    Sapient Species: None (Human colonized)
    Starport: Stellar Class
    Population: 3,756,900,000 Humans
    Government: Aister Em

6. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    And by the way, if you want to include the links to the stories from which these systems came, that's fine by me! [face_peace]

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    As far as I can remember, off the top of my head, I have only created two worlds, and embellished a bunch of existing ones.

Created:
    Dynetheus - Insectoid race, possibly the Cacanadas, just so standard humans, lazy when it comes to language, would refer to them as 'Nads'.

Great cystalline cities, created using some secretion from the Cacanadas, which hardens on contact with air. I'm not in the habit of plaguirism, so I'm reasonably certain that I came up with my lot before that planet with the Wind Chimes (where Ackbar's sabotaged B-Wing crashed) got created. The two types of architecture seem very similar.

Kolaris - I'm not in the habit of plaguirism. Did I just say that?
    This planet was just mentioned in passing, but is heavily based on the planet Fractalus, from the Lucasfilm game Rescue on Fractalus that I was playing at the time.
    Barren rocky orange surface. Heavily acidic atmosphere. Site of a secrety base in a hollowed out mountain. Don't know whose.

Embellished:
    New Cov - based several stories there. But I don't think I have any online, whether on TF.N or not.

Five fortified city states across the planet, one pyramidic Imperial Garrison named the Ziggurat.
    Wild vegetation has the rest of the planet, except where agriculture has claimed the land.

Space Port run by private corporation, police on the planet called the City Guard. Cannot think what else to say without going into detail.

8. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    here is a link to the GFFA map. This should help with distance issues or if you just run out of ideas for planets/systems.

http://www.nav-computer.com/galaxymap.html

9. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Thanks for the link Zane! I'm definitely gonna use that.

Great inputs Sith-I-5! Thank ya very much! [face_peace]

10. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Okay, to try to stir up some activity, let's see if we can't get our first topic started (and you can always add to the database whenever you want).

NEW TOPIC: You are an Interstellar Travel Agent, and vacation season is approaching quickly! Your goal is to sell as many timeshares as possible on any one of your planets, and you can either use one of your previously created planets, or create a planet just for this challenge. Create a pamphlet of any length to post right here, and let your clients know why they should buy some serious timeshares on your selected Star Wars locale. I think we can let some plot bunnies loose with this one...

Have fun!

11. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    I just so happen to have one OC planet. My first attempt. Since it currently only exists in a WIP, it'll likely become more detailed in the future. It just so happens, said WIP can be found...here -> Planet Hopping But for now, here's what I know:

Name: Durcust

Location: Just outside the Hydian Way, facing the Quelli Sector

Details: A moonless planet, it was settled just under twenty thousand years ago. The settlers, all of whom were citizens of the newly formed Galactic Republic, were mostly miners in search of bountiful mineral veins. Durcust did not dissapoint, though the hard rocky surfaced meant the labor would be difficult, thus keeping its export economy from booming. Its society - primarily human - spent a majority of the following millenia rising up the economic ladder. By the time of the prequel era, it had managed to become a middle class planet, complete with two decently sized cities and its own military. The clone wars, and the following emperial rule, worked against this progress. One of the cities was entirely abandoned, the other was downsized - its suburbs torn down and many of the high class hotels boarded up. Many of the mines that had been closed due to their vicinity to highly populated areas were reopened out of necessity. Since the fall of the Empire, the planet has been trying out various stunts to promote tourism and investment.

It is broken up into three States:
    Durcustia covers seventy-five percent of the planet's dry land, and is responsible for one-hundred percent of all solid mineral exports.
    Cullid is the Democratically run State surrounded on three sides by Durcustia. Along with containing the planet's only running city, Cullid is the only country that exports the tiny amount of Tibanna gases produced in pockets between Durcust's crust and mantel.
    Vullid, located on a very big island near the South Pole, is the anarchic State where nearly all retired miners move to, assuming they live that long. Many non-miners also move there, usually young thrill-seekers eyeing the frozen mountains and icy rapids.

12. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    I've got tons of these things lying around. Makes it a big pain to look for my keys. (Did I leave it on the tan planet or the grey one? Hmm...) By the way, if anybody wants to use my planets, except Mistan Four, feel free, though they're nothing special. The Mistan system is mine from 20-52 ABY, and I've got big in-progress plans for it. :D

Overly Caffeinated Announcer: Are you tired of being just another face in a crowd? Sick from the smell of millions of bodies in close quarters? Do you want an escape from sweltering heat and dust storms? Look no farther than [b]Xi Alta[/b], near the tip of the Tingel Arm. This glorious planet, made of giant glittering crystals of dihydrogen monoxide, is the perfect getaway for you and a special someone. If it was good enough to hide a Sith Lord, two Star Destroyers, and thousands of crew members for half a century, there's virtually no chance of your meddlesome mother-in-law finding you there on a lovers' retreat and complaining about the food. The planet is now completely uninhabited - and waiting for YOU!

With a day temperature of -30C and a night temperature of -60C, you'll never have to worry about heat exhaustion. The cloud cover also keeps out most of the damaging UV rays of the white Alta sun, acting as a natural sunscreen to keep your skin looking younger and smoother. Scale the northeastern glaciers or pull out those ice skates and relive your childhood. The possibilities are endless! Call 999-FLYALTA today to book a flight!

[face_whistling]

13. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    If it was good enough to hide a Sith Lord, two Star Destroyers, and thousands of crew members for half a century, there's virtually no chance of your meddlesome mother-in-law finding you there on a lovers' retreat and complaining about the food.

That's classic. Thanks guys for your contributions! [face_peace]

Any more takers? :-B

14. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Alrighty then! Movin' right along...

NEW TOPIC: You are Jan Dodonna, and the Alliance has just destroyed the Death Star, but now you must find a new home for your Rebel base. Which one of your OC Systems would make a good location for the Rebs to set up shop and why?

15. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Wow, this is a cool thread. I was also always amazed at all the different places there were in the Star Wars universe.

You are Jan Dodonna, and the Alliance has just destroyed the Death Star, but now you must find a new home for your Rebel base. Which one of your OC Systems would make a good location for the Rebs to set up shop and why?

That would have to be...M24601KC, an obscure little planet that hasn't got a name yet. I invented it for a fic that will most likely never make it to the boards. However, the planet's got a mild climate, neither to hot like Mustafar, nor too cold like Hoth. It's got jungles like Yavin IV, natural bodies of water, and plenty of cave formations that would make for excellent bunkers.

16. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    I think an unnamed planet goes one step beyond the obscurity of Hoth! Thanks, spork! I'm also glad you like this thread. Business thus far has been pretty slow, but I'm doing whatever I can to change that. Thanks for your contribution!

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Which one of your OC Systems would make a good location for the Rebs to set up shop and why?

Well, paint me yellow and call me Custard, I was lamenting that I hadn't written much in the way of Rebel base stories, instead of concentrating on Imperial ones, but just remembered, my ISB agents did come across a secret Rebel maintenance facility once, in ISB Chronicles: Tokapi Overload.

To: General Dodonna, Alliance High Command

Sir, we would like to advise you of the our plans for the planet Tokapi.

We are preparing this world as a site for a remote starship maintenance outpost, rather than a fully fledged headquarters base.

The system is unremarkable, so much so, that we cannot recall right now what it is called.

The planet itself had a vast low-lying desert of reddish rock, with a mountain range at one edge, and the plateau of this cliff-face is lush with greenery, fresh water supplies, and small harmless fauna

We aim to use beamdrills to excavate a cylindrical hole at the valley.

We already have a pre-constructed installation to be buried there. Based on a four floor ring design, the outer ring will contain workshops, offices, laboratories, refectory and sleeping quarters for resident staff and visiting pilots and crew. The central torus wil be hollow, and feature a hydraulic ramp at the bottom level.
    This rises up to receive new ships or dispense repaired ones, or if a pilot feels brave enough, they can descend the cylinder to land.
    In case of accident, an internal deflector shield will separate the living areas from the central torus.

Defence-wise, this base relies more on concealment that heavy weaponry to protect itself from contact with the Empire.

When the structure is in place, or perhaps before, a mile-long tunnel will be created to evacuate staff to a separate cavern containing an escape ship.

Sir, I look forward to hearing your comments.

Your servant in the Force

Sith-I-5

18. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Friggin awesome, Sith-I-5. Beautifully written, and it sounds like a fantastic idea as well. I would actually like to see that installation visually. Sounds perfect for the SWU. Great job!

19. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
  20. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Ah, oqi - ya never let me down. I wish I had time to elaborate further right now, but as always, it's time for work. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by, and also thanks so much for giving this thread a plug in your own thread. It's much appreciated. I'll give you a better reply when time permits! [face_peace]

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    You created a SECTOR!!! OMG. :eek:

And JediMindTrick000, thank you for the consistent encouragement to my postings. They are appreciated, especially as world-building was never a major element of my story-writing past.

22. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    I have a bit of a god-complex. :D
    Sometimes you need planets. Sometimes you need systems. I tend to need sectors.

23. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Sith-I-5 - you're quite welcome! I just speak the truth.

oqi - All great minds have god-complexes, that's what makes us so fun. Now how 'bout you use your divine influence, and get us some readers here! :cool:

24. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    I don't know why this place is a ghost town.
    It's a great idea.

Perhaps, if we set out a bantha trap by the front door...

25. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    I think it's a ghost town because I'm pretty sure I'm a tf.n outcast. [face_thinking]

Ah well...

[face_whistling] "Ti-i--i-ime is on my side." [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.