main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The World Made Right Again - one shot H/L - Love Songs Roulette Response ~Author Thanks~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: The World Made Right Again - Han/Leia ? mushy vig
    Author: Jade eyes
    Genre: Serious mush ? slightly AU
    Characters: H&L, some Luke
    Timeframe: COPL
    Disclaimer: Chris Brown owns the song No Air; LFL SW. :D
    Summary: Leia contemplates the Hapan proposal and Isolder in particular (akc!) and Han is on the brink of losing her. Happy author assurance: No kidnapping in this one or escape to Dathomir LOL

This is in response to the marvy Love Song Roulette . :D My number was 7.

I was inspired by the following lyrics enclosed in braces:

{My heart won't move, it's incomplete
    Wish there was a way that I can make you understand

So how do you expect me
    to live alone with just me
    'Cause my world revolves around you
    It's so hard for me to breathe.}

~~~~~~!!!!!!
    Luke was treated to colorful Corellian curses the likes of which he'd never had the dubious honor of being exposed to - not even from Han Solo. But now Han was letting all within earshot know what he thought of the "hoity-toity" Hapans and their darling princeling Isolder. "He's so full of himself it's a wonder he doesn't implode!" was Han's irate commentary.

Luke tried not to laugh at his friend's tirade. Han had asked him for a drink at a local tapcafe, and Luke was waiting patiently for the steam to ease up a bit.

"What did Isolder do?" He finally was able to get in.

"He and Leia were attacked on the way to a meeting this morning. You heard that right? Well, he used his personal shield to save the both of them and those strapping female bodyguards of his were able to take care of the assailants. That's not the problem. Leia, of course, is grateful, but the holo-press has got her in shots all cozied up to Isolder like two nesting love-birds!" Han scowled into his Wyren's Reserve.

Luke took a sip of his drink -- a mixed drink with a nice blend of sweet liquor and tropical fruit juices. "You know their tendency to exaggerate." he assured his friend.

Han snorted. "Yeah, right! I know that for a fact. But when I tried comming Leia, I just get this automated 'please leave a message' runaround - so after the third try, I did leave a message. That was three hours ago!"

Luke could just imagine Han's over-worked imagination was cooking up all kinds of ideas of what Leia was exactly doing with Isolder.

"You do trust Leia don't you?" He asked carefully.

"Sure, it's that supercilious simpering Hapan and their whole agenda I don't trust! All those over-the-top gifts!"

Luke sighed. "Leia will do what's right." What he didn't say was that Leia could have an excessive sense of duty sometimes, or rather, much of the time -- what that would lead her to decide...

Han couldn?t stop stewing and thinking about Isolder. He seemed to have everything Leia deserved ? wealth ? good looks ? a suave manner ? and worlds where the Alderaan refugees could settle and for the new Republic, a strong military ally.

All the things he and Leia had gone through and all the stubborn denials of attraction early in their relationship had culminated in a sweet understanding at Endor. Their relationship was full of fun and lively humor, warm sympathy, and mutual trust and respect, and a healthy dose of passion. And now, Isolder had to go and spoil it all!

But Han wasn?t one to sit passively by. He sent Leia a bunch of Alderaanian roses of lavender hue and white day lilies.

When Leia stopped by after she got the flowers, she was all smiles. Her eyes were glowing as she stepped inside.

"That was so sweet of you!" She said happily as she gave him a hug. "So thoughtful! I know I've been out of touch lately but the Hapan delegation has kept me so busy and I've been dodging the press -- they keep asking me for statements and wanting to take pictures of Isolder and I on the "grand welcome tour"." She rolled her eyes.

"Well," Han responded. "Now you know he's not the only one who can do the romantic gestures. And I'm gl

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ahhhh... @};- that was much, much better than when 'The Book Which Shall Not Be Named' declared that Han faded from Leia's mind like a mist and she forgot all about him when Isoldork kissed her. :mad:

I liked YOUR version a MILLION times better! [face_dancing]

3. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Never even close... that's what it should have been! Well done!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely to see Leia and Han and their bickering. they are meant for each other and the world is right when they are together.

Great response=D==D=

5. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Me too!! [face_love]
    This was wonderful. =D= I loved the part where Han bought her those beautiful flowers. @};-
    And Luke trying not to laugh at Han's tantrum. :p[face_laugh]
    And Leia rolling her eyes when Isolder was flattering her. [face_laugh]
    I loved the ending too and the title- just perfect! @};-
    Bravo! [:D]

6. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Mmmmmmm. I liked that one. Han is such an endearing rogue!

7. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    [face_love] Aaawwww...that was so sweet.@};-

You do Han & Leia so well. Loved Han's little trirade - classic Han.=D= [face_laugh] He tries to be such the scroundel, but we all know he's really a big softy.

Great response to the challenge.

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Much, much better than the book. :)

Love seeing the strong Leia rebuff the Hapans. The banter and mush was great. [face_love]

=D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Earlybird & dm1 -- hello! Thank you very much!

PT & star -- LOL! I like this version much much better too! It's like hello! She and Han are in this exclusive, never before or since relationship and I'm supposed to believe he vanished from her mind completely like a mist -- puh-leese! :p I like the ending to bits and Han's proactive approach and her "never even close" *dreamy sigh*; The song really, really fitted! :cool:

Kelly ? that he is and he?ll be the first to tell you! [face_laugh] ;)

FG ? yes, I loved that tirade myself [face_laugh] Thank you!!!

Kailene: Hee! Banter and mush ? what a yummy combination that is! I love strong Leia too. :D So, of course she?d rebuff the Hapans. o_O

10. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I love the way you wrote Han in this, especially his tantrum in the first part. :cool: Nice title, too!

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Isolder reached to draw her into a kiss, but she turned to the side so his ardent kiss landed chastely on her cheek instead.

=D= =D= =D=

Good, good story. :)

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Lovely. [face_love] Much needed mush this early in the morning. =D=

But of course Leia would decline Isolder's preposition. Han and Leia are just meant to be. ;)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tarsier & Daena -- thanks! :D I enjoyed giving Isolder the boot LOL through Leia [face_laugh]

Ceil -- :* Always happy to oblige. Turning about being fair play and all [face_love] [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.