main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    yeah, wipe out all the wildlife, great idea.

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What do you think happened on Coruscant? Do you believe the whole thing is naturally one big city?

You're talking about a group whose whole creed is explicitly centered around glorifying violence. Their members literally identify weapons being used as weapons as religiously important. But also they can't use force against wild animals that are regularly murdering their children?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Since season 1 the formula has been people know there's large animals around, they're shocked and helpless when one appears, and it's up to Din to almost get defeated by it until Grogu waves his arms and saves his ass.

I haven't seen the latest episode yet.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's all very simple: Mandos live in Oz.

5. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    With plots like this they could effortlessly make 100 episodes.
    Just slightly change the design of the monster to be hunted and the episode is good to go.
    One day it's a spider, another a crocodile, this week it was a bird, I guess we'll soon get some proboscideans, that so far were strangely missing from the bunch.

If they are tired of drawing animals they can just put the characters in a corridor full of enemies and we'll be happy.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Mando firefight with John Wick style shooting choreography? Yeah, I'd go for that.

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sparks flying, the sound of metal bending and breaking, and presumably the distinctive odor of red hot metal (smell is known for triggering memories). That was all perfectly obvious to me.

TCF-1138 , gezvader28, EHT and 3 others like this.
  8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Whatever Mando is doing right or wrong, it's definitely lost viewership from the last season. It might still have a larger audience than Andor, which I think was more admired and respected than actually watched. The lesson: bad Star Wars will be punished by audiences, and good Star Wars will be ignored. Good luck to Disney trying to navigate that!

Ghost and 3sm1r like this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Don't threaten me with a good time

3sm1r likes this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

Bor Mullet, mnjedi and Jedi Ben like this.
  11. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Fair. Let me rephrase. I don't get why this moment in particular triggered a flashback. He and his loved ones have literally been pursued by stormtroopers and Imperial fighters before. Multiple times. These are the direct descendants, in aesthetic design and in fact, by the people that are responsible for the original traumatic attack on the Jedi. There was literally even a prior incident of a crippling shot against an engine during a dogfight. How did none of those things trigger a flashback but this obviously does?

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    He’s about 46 years old at the time. Maybe it triggered his early onset dementia

SuperWatto and Sarge like this.
  13. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    wocky - they're Spartans. y' heard of them?

Sarge likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    All those previous instances, his life was in immediate danger and he was likely focused on surviving, not introspection. At the forge, he was safe and had time to reflect on the memories that those sensations triggered.

TCF-1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Okay okay

Coincidence?

Mandalorians
    Midichlorians

Ramza likes this.
  16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    It's like the same person who's not well-known for linguistic creativity came up with both names. :p

17. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    ... Man-Delorians .

18. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    When Spartan children died to wild animals, it was very much on purpose. What is happening with the Mandalorians?

19. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I don't know what you mean.

these kids don't sit around watching tv, it's like a survival camp, it's not America 2023.

Sarge likes this.
  20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    It is explicitly not a survival camp is the highest duty of a Mandalorian is to save a child's life.

21. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    ok I'm trademarking Mandechlorians.

SuperWatto likes this.
  22. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    yeah, by living in the world they're in, not wiping out all the wildlife.

Sarge likes this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I got the impression they were being a bit ironic referring to the birdlings that way. Obviously they're not going to take the oath and live according to the way; they're animals and will be useful mounts to ride around on and look cool.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Excuse me, Minister Corbyn. Is this your first time realizing that humans tend to disrupt the local environment of the place where they live? And if there is any conceivable time when this is justified, wouldn't it be to protect the lives of small children against large predatory animals?

Like is it your moral position that it would be better to let a large werewolf eat your children than either A)move somewhere else or B)encourage it to do so? Is that what Labour stands for?

This is all especially the case because it is what is actually happening. One-by-one, these creatures are being murdered. It's just that Mandalorians are being very lazy about it, ensuring maximal carnage on both sides. If they're going to protect their children they should push out the predators into a different territory with some kind of systemic or conscious effort. If they aren't, then they should haul off and murder them when a predation event happens. They have literally picked the worst of all possible compromises here.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Wocky advocating for space ecocide over here.

TCF-1138 and Sarge like this.